pfSense OpenVPN redirect traffic to WAN

Hello,

i'm a little bit stuck and i'm hoping to find some help here :)

My home network is 192.168.1.0/24.

In this network i've got a pfSense firewall running that only serves as an OpenVPN server. It has it's WAN interface connected to my LAN.

The problem is that when connected to the VPN it connects me to the virtual network that the OpenVPN server creates.

However i want it to connect to my LAN (so the pfSense's WAN). Does anyone how i'd do something like this?

Thanks in advance!

This is a hard one. You would need to set up routes not only in pfsense, but in your main router too. To tell where what interface your VPN is on and what network it uses. You would also need to remove all access rules on the WAN interface so that local networks can access the pfsense through its WAN interface.

All this would work its self out if you used pfsense for all of it. Can you let us in on your plan here?

Tux is a lie.

Yes you either need to setup routes and a firewall rule as mentioned to allow the traffic to pass through, if they are on different subnets. However when you setup a VPN on PFSense it should automatically create these for you, perhaps you need to activate them? I can check it out on one of the PFSense's I have if you need.

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications