Alright, my system specs are as follows:

AMD FX 4350

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

EVGA SC GTX 970

Corsair RM750

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866mhz RAM

WD Blue 750GB HD

Corsair K70 RGB

Basically, my system was taking progressively longer to longer each boot, and in its final moments of operation took nearly a full 2 hours to boot. This occurred immediately after I installed my GTX 970.

Now it's reached a point where it fires up, and all the lights come on and fans spin, but the screen remains black. Interestingly enough, my K70 does the rainbow demo as if the computer isn't turned on at all.

So far I've tried many things, switched to my old HD7770, tried one and two sticks of Ram, and switched to one and two sticks of some old PNY rami had lying around. I've also reset the CMOS and have already replaced the power supply.

I can't do things such as check the BIOS version, because I don't even get the mobo splash screen. Any ideas?

Nice

eeeeerm at least if you are going to post something, post something relevent.

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Take out ram and put it back in, try one slot a t a time

@CommodoreAxis

If you have a case speaker plug it in and listen for the post code. Then look it up in your motherboard manual or online.

P.S. don't forget to follow your own topics to receive updates when people post replies.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

eeeeerm at least if you are going to post something, post something relevent.

The same to you.

:)xD9_9:D:PB|

Nice

Wtf man don't be a dick. Seriously. Stahp. Now. Stop. Just. Stop

@OP i'm guessing mobo problem. RMA?

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

The same to you.

the guy is just posting everywhere for post vounts. I reported him. 

try to switch pcie slot, switch the psu cables, if possible

do you have multiple IO posibilities ? try different ports ?

also. you probably have dvi / vga / hdmi / displayport on the motherboard. try using these. and remove the gpu doing so,

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Wtf man don't be a dick. Seriously. Stahp. Now. Stop. Just. Stop

@OP i'm guessing mobo problem. RMA?

get bman to go to his house and slap him

also. you probably have dvi / vga / hdmi / displayport on the motherboard. try using these. and remove the gpu doing so,

AMD FX platform has no IGP and so no display outputs on the motherboard.

@CommodoreAxis

Might be that something on the case is shorting the motherboard, you could try taking everything out of the case and booting it up on a box or something.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

AMD FX platform has no IGP and so no display outputs on the motherboard.

true. forgot about that. the one thing I hate about the FX processors.

@Flight1sim

I'm well out of warranty on this board. It's probably nearly 3 years old now. Should I just go ahead and buy a new board? At this point, it's down to the mobo and that's pretty much it.

@Flight1sim

I'm well out of warranty on this board. It's probably nearly 3 years old now. Should I just go ahead and buy a new board? At this point, it's down to the mobo and that's pretty much it.

it pretty much has to be the motherboard. I'd get another one

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

it pretty much has to be the motherboard. I'd get another one

Dreaded it, but expected it. I'll pick up a new one tomorrow. Hopefully it fixes things.

Nice

Yes, it is very nice that he can't get his computer to work

OP it sounds like Mobo problem

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Farming posts? 19 posts.

he's banned now

Alright, my system specs are as follows:

AMD FX 4350

ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0

EVGA SC GTX 970

Corsair RM750

Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB 1866mhz RAM

WD Blue 750GB HD

Corsair K70 RGB

Basically, my system was taking progressively longer to longer each boot, and in its final moments of operation took nearly a full 2 hours to boot. This occurred immediately after I installed my GTX 970.

Now it's reached a point where it fires up, and all the lights come on and fans spin, but the screen remains black. Interestingly enough, my K70 does the rainbow demo as if the computer isn't turned on at all.

So far I've tried many things, switched to my old HD7770, tried one and two sticks of Ram, and switched to one and two sticks of some old PNY rami had lying around. I've also reset the CMOS and have already replaced the power supply.

I can't do things such as check the BIOS version, because I don't even get the mobo splash screen. Any ideas?

Yea looks like the mobo but if u get a new mobo y not get a new cpu too?

Switch your ram into different slots. possibly bad ram