New Camera

Hello, I'm starting with camera and I wanna get a new DSLR. I've look some model and I found the Nikon d7000 and the d5200 (My budget can't go really higher for the body only) and I was wondering which one was better since the d5200 as more megapixel but there is some feature that I love in the d7000 Thx!

i would get the 7200D, the megapixel count doesnt really matter anymore these days, unless you plan to do profesional grade studio work with cropping and printing.

further more, the 7200D get's recommanded alot on the photo/video section in this part of this forum, so i guess it's worth it :D

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

Thank you but the 7200D is a bit too pricy even without lens I'm trying no to spend more than a 1000$ Can less or more.

To be honest, as a first camera, I would recommend something like D3200, they are much cheaper, still amazing dslrs and you can thrown in couple of lenses to play around with saved money. If money is not a problem, go with 7 series.

I am sorry for my english.

i would get the 7200D, the megapixel count doesnt really matter anymore these days, unless you plan to do profesional grade studio work with cropping and printing.

further more, the 7200D get's recommanded alot on the photo/video section of this forum, so i guess it's worth it :D

Gotta get the naming schemes right!  Modern Canon dSLRs are named xxxxD whereas Nikon systems start with D followed by the number :D

@oxhee

Any reason why you chose Nikon and not Canon, or Sony?  Just getting a handle on your reasons for shortlisting these two systems, D7000 and D5200.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Gotta get the naming schemes right!  Modern Canon dSLRs are named xxxxD whereas Nikon systems start with D followed by the number :D

.. aww goddamn..... it's quite a habbit since i shoot canon myself, i thought i was more open minded then that.......

-hides in dark corner- :ph34r:

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

@oxhee

Any reason why you chose Nikon and not Canon, or Sony?  Just getting a handle on your reasons for shortlisting these two systems, D7000 and D5200.

Well I haven't really looked into Canon camera because I feel like there is less model available, but there is no real reason :D

Well I haven't really looked into Canon camera because I feel like there is less model available, but there is no real reason :D

I would suggest going to a shop and giving the Canons and Nikons some personal "holding" time.  You'll find the grips are shaped differently and one may be more comfortable for you than the other.  I myself am a Canon person, as Nikon's grip doesn't suit me at all, + I find Canon's button and UI made more sense to me.

What about the D7000 that you liked, and the same for the D5200?  That way we can determine what your priority features are so we can give better recommendations :D

Well In the D7000 I really loved the lcd screen on the top and the button placement more, and I loved the 7 fps rafale mode. IN the D5200 I loved that it had more megapixel, a tiltable screen, and thats really it :)

Well In the D7000 I really loved the lcd screen on the top and the button placement more, and I loved the 7 fps rafale mode. IN the D5200 I loved that it had more megapixel, a tiltable screen, and thats really it :)

Personally, I cannot live without the top LCD.  Megapixels really aren't all that.  You'd need to get very good lenses to actually make the megapixels count.  Both have the same amount of AF points, although D5200 does use a new sensor and CPU.  Do you plan to do much video?  Then the D5200 is your best choice.  If it's mostly stills, both are pretty decent.  For me,    I'm too used to a pro-sumer and up size and feel for the body.  Anything consumer sized feels pretty small and crampy for me.

Also with stills, the tiltable screen will rarely ever see use except to review pics which you don't need a tiltable screen to do.  

Personally, I cannot live without the top LCD.  Megapixels really aren't all that.  You'd need to get very good lenses to actually make the megapixels count.  Both have the same amount of AF points, although D5200 does use a new sensor and CPU.  Do you plan to do much video?  Then the D5200 is your best choice.  If it's mostly stills, both are pretty decent.  For me,    I'm too used to a pro-sumer and up size and feel for the body.  Anything consumer sized feels pretty small and crampy for me.

Also with stills, the tiltable screen will rarely ever see use except to review pics which you don't need a tiltable screen to do.  

ok thx I think I'll go with the D7000 since i will not do that much video, and I had some lenses in mind but I don't know if they were good. I had in mind the :

-http://www.amazon.ca/Tamron-AF-90mm-2-8-Di/dp/B00021EE4U/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431695712&sr=1-1&keywords=tamron+90mm

-http://www.amazon.ca/Sigma-150-500mm-Telephoto-Digital-Cameras/dp/B001542X64/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431669857&sr=1-1&keywords=500mm+nikon

-http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-40mm-2-8G-Micro-NIKKOR/dp/B005C50H2Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431638078&sr=8-1&keywords=af-s+dx+nikkor+40mm

-http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-35mm-1-8G-AF-S-Lens/dp/B001S2PPT0/ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

-http://www.amazon.ca/Nikon-50mm-1-8G-AF-S-NIKKOR/dp/B004Y1AYAC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431566404&sr=8-1&keywords=50mm+afs+G

-http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0012X43P2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ACHYJ0UADLQZ2

What will you be shooting mostly?  Those are huge telephoto lenses you linked, and with that crop sensor, it's gonna be extremely tough to shoot anything except animal photography and serious sports.  

well I was planning on doing everything haha but Why would it be really hard to shoot anything expect animal and sport ? because I though that tamcon 90mm was good for macro 

well I was planning on doing everything haha but Why would it be really hard to shoot anything expect animal and sport ? because I though that tamcon 90mm was good for macro 

Sorry, I misread the first link xD I thought you had a 900mm lens going on there....

90mm is great, but with your crop sensor, that would turn out to be equivalent to 135mm on a full sensor.  It's a pretty long focal length for a prime, and for shooting portraits, it closes in on the model a bit too much, plus you'd have to stand a considerable distance away to take anything more than the face and/or upper body.

I'm partial to wider lenses for crop bodies, so the 40mm f/2.8 one seems pretty nice.  Would be closer to the traditional 50mm focal length for many portrait work.  The D7000 is a 1.5x crop sensor, so you have to 1.5x any focal length to obtain the 35mm equivalent (full frame).  90mm should be pretty good for macro photography though.  For general walkabout photography, something like a 17-40, 24-70 or a 24-105 would be great, but I do not know the Nikon equivalents of those lenses.

Sorry, I misread the first link xD I thought you had a 900mm lens going on there....

90mm is great, but with your crop sensor, that would turn out to be equivalent to 135mm on a full sensor.  It's a pretty long focal length for a prime, and for shooting portraits, it closes in on the model a bit too much, plus you'd have to stand a considerable distance away to take anything more than the face and/or upper body.

I'm partial to wider lenses for crop bodies, so the 40mm f/2.8 one seems pretty nice.  Would be closer to the traditional 50mm focal length for many portrait work.  The D7000 is a 1.5x crop sensor, so you have to 1.5x any focal length to obtain the 35mm equivalent (full frame).  90mm should be pretty good for macro photography though.  For general walkabout photography, something like a 17-40, 24-70 or a 24-105 would be great, but I do not know the Nikon equivalents of those lenses.

Ok thank you !

Personally I am more of a Canon guy I am affraid, so I cant give you any advice.

So many things I could write here... things like this.

Moved to Photo/Video. 

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

They have about as many models as Nikon has, but if you were looking for the recent cameras, I would suggest to stay away from Canons. They haven't really done anything with their newer models, plus the sensor, while it's APS-C sized, it's smaller than that of what every other manufacturer uses for their APS-C standard (this equals to less light or more image noise). And I'm saying this as a person who has preference for Canon DSLRs... or, I had, until I moved away from DSLR shooting in favor of a high-end compact (and I don't regret my decision). Despite this, I personally will still be having the preference for Canon over Nikon, they have just grown on me., even though my only DSLR was just a Canon 1000D (in 2014... Blame my budget).

When it comes to your decision between a D7000 and D5200, for the needs you described, the D7000 would be a better bet. The extra resolution of the D5200 is useless if there's no good quality lens to accompany the high-resolution sensor, and those lenses are either primes or very expensive zoom lenses. And the tilting LCD screen, apart from having an easier time shooting above for example a crowd of people, or shooting yourself, it's mostly a comfort item.

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.