My shitty experience with Razer.

slifer

So I've had a faulty mice and I sent it back. They deny getting it back. And then because I don't have the tracking number, they won't give me warranty. They never even informed me about their warranty terms and conditions. This is the worst experience I have ever had with customer service.

I then took my concerns to their razer insiders. My first post gets delete by an admin who then private messages me trying to "help" me. But all he tells me is that "you have to go to support for that" Even though I've been talking to their support team for over 60 emails and have accomplished nothing. I then create a second post shown below:

So I've made a post two days ago about how my RMA has not made it through. Either by a lost package in shipping, a lost package at the razer warehouse, or razer denying that they received it.
So the problem started with my mouse, I contacted razer support, and they tried to trouble shoot me. They finally concluded that the mouse itself was faulty, at that point they told me the steps to ship it in:

"We apologize for the problems you have had with your Razer Product. Your Return Authorization Number (RMA number) is "RMA NUMBER HERE". Please send your defective product back to the address below with your RMA number on the outside of the box or envelope.

Razer

"Razer Address"
RMA: "RMA NUMBER"
Please include a letter or the e-mail trail explaining the reason for the return along with the RMA number clearly denoted on the letter and on the outside of the package. Please make sure the RMA number is on the package.

Please note at no time it is necessary to return the entire packaging and literature that came with your unit. Please package box appropriately with any needed packaging materials, as we cannot accept items that are damaged in shipping. Upon receiving your returned item a replacement unit will be sent out to you. Please allow 2 business days for your returned item to be processed. The replacement unit may or may not include the original box and packaging that came with the unit. Some replacements are simply sent out in a plain brown box and packaging. Rest assured your replacement unit is a genuine Razer product that is fully tested and warranted for the full length of your original warranty period or for 90 days whichever is greater.

Packages received without an RMA number on the outside of the packaging will not be accepted or will not be tracked! Please be sure the RMA number is clearly stated on the outside of the box.
This RMA number is good for 30 days. We cannot be accountable for RMA units returned after 30 days. Should you need to return the item after 30 days please contact us for a new RMA number. Please note that we will not be able to issue a new RMA number for a unit that is no longer within the warranty period."

I packaged everything, box included because I wanted the new accessories (my hand is pretty oily) So after reading this I noticed that they never gave me a prepaid shipping label. I was fine with that, the company isn't required to give a shipping label. I went to my post office and sent it by the cheapest shipping method. I guess I forgot to get the receipt and don't know if I paid for the method with tracking number or not. But I was never told that I needed to provide them with a tracking number nor was I told to read their terms and conditions.

To make things worst, I have had an excellent experience with logitech support in the past. I told them about my troubles with the mouse, and they asked me for some key information (serial number, receipt, date of purchase, etc) and they sent me a new mouse. At no time did they ever ask me to send the mouse back. That was one of the fastest and best customer service I have received computer related.

Ontop of that, I had a friend who had a problem with his blackwidow keyboard. He contacted Razer, and they determined that it was the hardware problem. (something about sticky keys I believe.) At that point Razer sent them a new keyboard only asking for the basic serial number, and receipt.

So I'm wondering to myself, am I being cheated by the Razer customer service team? Cause I have a friend who can prove that Razer support is worth something and competitive, just like the logitech one, but I'm not seeing that.

Overall I am very disappointed in my Razer experience. If this issue is not fixed anytime soon I will recommend all my friends and family to steer clear of razer products.

So then this gets deleted for "non-constructive post" even though I am clearly stating my concerns for their support system and how they should inform the consumer about all the policies before doing the RMA process. I am deeply disappointed in their customer service.

I then create a third post and talk about how I was trying to address the problems that I was experiencing on the forum. They then proceeded to delete my post once again for "non-constructive post" and then ban me from the forums.

The worst part about this experience is knowing that they replaced a friend of mines keyboard, with no questions asked, but they ask me to send back a mouse and deny its arrival. (to this day I'm not sure if its lost in shipment or if they just straight up lied through their teeth)

I would never hope this experience on the person I hated the most. It was extremely frustrating, but I can now say that I will NEVER shop razer again.

Most of the crap is garbage, I love my Deathadder tho.

I can now truely understand. Will not even sell this razer keyboard im using right now. I'm going to set it on fire or smash it up. Switching over to corsair or logitech ASAP.

I can now truely understand. Will not even sell this razer keyboard im using right now. I'm going to set it on fire or smash it up. Switching over to corsair or logitech ASAP.

Sadly im stuck with Krakens and a Deathstalker I bought 4 years ago, tough little buggers though.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

Sadly im stuck with Krakens and a Deathstalker I bought 4 years ago, tough little buggers though.

As long as you don't have to deal with their support you should be fine. I feel like I've gotten years closer to dying from all the frustration

Razer make some pretty crap quality stuff and the people that buy their products are usually just super loyal 12 year olds who buy it for the flashing lights or color schemes rather the quality and value. If I were you I would go with Logitech, they are such a good brand, all their stuff is top quality and customer service is great. As for your current problem, is their anyway you can contact the company you shipped it with and ask them what happened? Also did you have a return to sender address on the back?

Razer make some pretty crap quality stuff and the people that buy their products are usually just super loyal 12 year olds who buy it for the flashing lights or color schemes rather the quality and value. If I were you I would go with Logitech, they are such a good brand, all their stuff is top quality and customer service is great. As for your current problem, is their anyway you can contact the company you shipped it with and ask them what happened? Also did you have a return to sender address on the back?

Nope didn't think it would be lost or anything.. And I don't have the receipt so the shipping company probably will be ignorant about the issue. But what frustrates me is how the admin on the forum deletes my post to PM me to look into the case and then tells me to chat to the support team.. even though I've been talking to them for the longest fricken time.

Plus how my friend easily gets his keyboard exchanged without sending his old one back.. like seriously razer...?

/deletes post for being non-constructive

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Nope didn't think it would be lost or anything.. And I don't have the receipt so the shipping company probably will be ignorant about the issue. But what frustrates me is how the admin on the forum deletes my post to PM me to look into the case and then tells me to chat to the support team.. even though I've been talking to them for the longest fricken time.

Plus how my friend easily gets his keyboard exchanged without sending his old one back.. like seriously razer...?

It seems like their customer service is pretty inconsistent. I would be pretty annoyed if the admin deleted my posts, it is so stupid because a forum is meant to be a place to find a solution to a problem, not just delete every post and tell them to go to customer support. Like seriously imagine if that happened on this forum, every time someone had a tech problem the admins would delete the post and tell them to go to products customer support...

thats such a razer thing to do.. <_<

Ive had the luck of having a crappy razer product too. Kraken Pros that kicked instantly and just plain old sucked. Razer just refused warranty so I switched to ATH-M50xs, a bit of a jump.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

It seems like their customer service is pretty inconsistent. I would be pretty annoyed if the admin deleted my posts, it is so stupid because a forum is meant to be a place to find a solution to a problem, not just delete every post and tell them to go to customer support. Like seriously imagine if that happened on this forum, every time someone had a tech problem the admins would delete the post and tell them to go to products customer support...

Yes exactly this. It's like they're avoiding the question. I wonder how many posts like mine have been deleted so that they can have a better image for their company.

I had and logitech plantronics gamecom 307 that i had bought about 4 years ago and i only switched to my corsair raptor hs30 in november 2014 because i sat on top of them and the headband snapped in 2.

That old bastard died because of my negligence 

at least you dont have to deal with razer!!

Ive had the luck of having a crappy razer product too. Kraken Pros that kicked instantly and just plain old sucked. Razer just refused warranty so I switched to ATH-M50xs, a bit of a jump.

Yup their support seems very inconsistent.. wonder how much longer they're going to last.

SNIP

In the future send all packages tracked

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So I've had a faulty mice and I sent it back. They deny getting it back. And then because I don't have the tracking number, they won't give me warranty. They never even informed me about their warranty terms and conditions. This is the worst experience I have ever had with customer service.

I then took my concerns to their razer insiders. My first post gets delete by an admin who then private messages me trying to "help" me. But all he tells me is that "you have to go to support for that" Even though I've been talking to their support team for over 60 emails and have accomplished nothing. I then create a second post shown below:

So I've made a post two days ago about how my RMA has not made it through. Either by a lost package in shipping, a lost package at the razer warehouse, or razer denying that they received it.

So the problem started with my mouse, I contacted razer support, and they tried to trouble shoot me. They finally concluded that the mouse itself was faulty, at that point they told me the steps to ship it in:

"We apologize for the problems you have had with your Razer Product. Your Return Authorization Number (RMA number) is "RMA NUMBER HERE". Please send your defective product back to the address below with your RMA number on the outside of the box or envelope.

Razer

"Razer Address"

RMA: "RMA NUMBER"

Please include a letter or the e-mail trail explaining the reason for the return along with the RMA number clearly denoted on the letter and on the outside of the package. Please make sure the RMA number is on the package.

Please note at no time it is necessary to return the entire packaging and literature that came with your unit. Please package box appropriately with any needed packaging materials, as we cannot accept items that are damaged in shipping. Upon receiving your returned item a replacement unit will be sent out to you. Please allow 2 business days for your returned item to be processed. The replacement unit may or may not include the original box and packaging that came with the unit. Some replacements are simply sent out in a plain brown box and packaging. Rest assured your replacement unit is a genuine Razer product that is fully tested and warranted for the full length of your original warranty period or for 90 days whichever is greater.

Packages received without an RMA number on the outside of the packaging will not be accepted or will not be tracked! Please be sure the RMA number is clearly stated on the outside of the box.

This RMA number is good for 30 days. We cannot be accountable for RMA units returned after 30 days. Should you need to return the item after 30 days please contact us for a new RMA number. Please note that we will not be able to issue a new RMA number for a unit that is no longer within the warranty period."

I packaged everything, box included because I wanted the new accessories (my hand is pretty oily) So after reading this I noticed that they never gave me a prepaid shipping label. I was fine with that, the company isn't required to give a shipping label. I went to my post office and sent it by the cheapest shipping method. I guess I forgot to get the receipt and don't know if I paid for the method with tracking number or not. But I was never told that I needed to provide them with a tracking number nor was I told to read their terms and conditions.

To make things worst, I have had an excellent experience with logitech support in the past. I told them about my troubles with the mouse, and they asked me for some key information (serial number, receipt, date of purchase, etc) and they sent me a new mouse. At no time did they ever ask me to send the mouse back. That was one of the fastest and best customer service I have received computer related.

Ontop of that, I had a friend who had a problem with his blackwidow keyboard. He contacted Razer, and they determined that it was the hardware problem. (something about sticky keys I believe.) At that point Razer sent them a new keyboard only asking for the basic serial number, and receipt.

So I'm wondering to myself, am I being cheated by the Razer customer service team? Cause I have a friend who can prove that Razer support is worth something and competitive, just like the logitech one, but I'm not seeing that.

Overall I am very disappointed in my Razer experience. If this issue is not fixed anytime soon I will recommend all my friends and family to steer clear of razer products.

So then this gets deleted for "non-constructive post" even though I am clearly stating my concerns for their support system and how they should inform the consumer about all the policies before doing the RMA process. I am deeply disappointed in their customer service.

I then create a third post and talk about how I was trying to address the problems that I was experiencing on the forum. They then proceeded to delete my post once again for "non-constructive post" and then ban me from the forums.

The worst part about this experience is knowing that they replaced a friend of mines keyboard, with no questions asked, but they ask me to send back a mouse and deny its arrival. (to this day I'm not sure if its lost in shipment or if they just straight up lied through their teeth)

I would never hope this experience on the person I hated the most. It was extremely frustrating, but I can now say that I will NEVER shop razer again.

Not their fault it got lost in the mail. It happens. What is your fault is that you didn't keep the tracking number. Also, it's a shame razer never informed you or their return policy. It's not like it's plastered on their website or anything. http://www.razerzone.com/warranty

Not their fault it got lost in the mail. It happens. What is your fault is that you didn't keep the tracking number. Also, it's a shame razer never informed you or their return policy. It's not like it's plastered on their website or anything. http://www.razerzone.com/warranty

Yeah I understand it's my fault that it was lost in the mail. But what I don't understand is why they would replace my friends keyboard without having him send it back to them. Also I've heard that razer usually gives out prepaid shipping labels for you to ship their product back to them. I was never given one. This whole deal could've changed if they given me a prepaid label in the first place.

Yeah I understand it's my fault that it was lost in the mail. But what I don't understand is why they would replace my friends keyboard without having him send it back to them. Also I've heard that razer usually gives out prepaid shipping labels for you to ship their product back to them. I was never given one. This whole deal could've changed if they given me a prepaid label in the first place.

I've never had an issue with a razer product that I had to send back to razer so idk about their process. I've only ever had to return to amazon. One of the reasons I buy from amazon and not directly from razer. Their shipping speed and prices are silly compared to amazon or even newegg. What mouse did you have? 

I've never had an issue with a razer product that I had to send back to razer so idk about their process. I've only ever had to return to amazon. One of the reasons I buy from amazon and not directly from razer. Their shipping speed and prices are silly compared to amazon or even newegg. What mouse did you have?

I had the ouroboros, thinking of getting the Logitech g502 now

I had the ouroboros, thinking of getting the Logitech g502 now

I kind of want that mouse but I don't need to upgrade so I'm just dreaming. I somewhat want a wireless mouse, but I don't want a wireless mouse. Know what I mean? 

I kind of want that mouse but I don't need to upgrade so I'm just dreaming. I somewhat want a wireless mouse, but I don't want a wireless mouse. Know what I mean?

Yup don't worry we all have that feeling.. it's probably just the cool factor "oh I don't have wires!" but yeah there's more things to worry about in a wireless mouse

Filco makes nice mechanical keyboards as well. I like mine a lot. It's build like a tank.

Main PC: 4690k, LMG Edition G1 Gaming GTX 980, 16GB Hyper X Fury, Asus Z97-A, EVGA G2 850W, Crucial MX100 128GB, WD Red 1TB 2.5", Dark Rock 3

Laptop: Asus UX305 Monitor: Asus PB278Q Keyboard: Filco Majestouch 2 TKL Mouse: Corsair M65

Yup don't worry we all have that feeling.. it's probably just the cool factor "oh I don't have wires!" but yeah there's more things to worry about in a wireless mouse

I hate changing batteries. It always dies when you're about to pull the trigger and ruins your headshot then you die. It never fails. But yea, cool factor is what makes me want it.

lol i don't have any experience with logitech but i can tell you that razer's stuff is high quality. i have had my mouse for 4 years now and am still loving it. and don't cuss razer for the "flashy lights" corsair made their keyboard first and logitech also has a rgb model

And then because I don't have the tracking number, they won't give me warranty.

Biggest problem right there.When sending anything through the mail, ALWAYS GET A TRACKING NUMBER.  Its your proof that it arrived to razer. Because you dont know if it ever did arrive at razer!

I bought a Deathadder in 2013, it broke in a month. I got a Deathadder as a gift, that too broke. Last month I won a Deathadder, that broke as well... i cri eryteim :(

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

the deathadder is a great mouse apart from that though I don't touch them.

What happened to you was not your fault but it could of been avoided. I use to think my parents were paranoid but now I do it too. I keep receipts, any meaningful interaction is recorded with a business. A example is phone calls. I always ask for the call reference number and the name of the person I am talking to as well as writing down the date and time of the call so I can easily reference it later if needed. Anytime I ship something I have the tracking number the store I sent it with if applicable the date and time. I would have had any interaction with razor documented too. 

You really have to do that these days, and not writing down and making sure you have all the documentation was your biggest mistake. Ever since I started to record everything like I have I always get what I deserve with almost no fuss. It sounds like a pain but takes less then 20 seconds in most cases of quickly writing down info and saves your ass. As soon as a company pulls the old, "have you got proof?" or "when was this logged sir" you can answer without any doubt.

I really feel for you but learn from it and buy yourself a note book or diary for recording this sort of stuff and a box to keep receipts in.