What it is to be a true Gamer

Playing games no matter what the genre, age or graphical style.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

Appreciating videogames and playing them.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

To be a true gamer is to have passion towards gaming as a hobby.

BLAOW!!!!

360 hours BF3 for Xbox :(

360 isnt much

BLAOW!!!!

Considering Joel said that 100+ is a true gamer, I think I qualify and I have more on other games.

That was joel's opinion not a fact. I didnt say u dont qualify i just said it isnt THAT much.

BLAOW!!!!

I remember at school almost all the computers had diablo 2 on them and me and my friends and a couple other kids would always do LAN parties...and the teacher would even join us. Good times...

Playing 25 hours a day, 8 days a week. Exposure to sunlight is strictly prohibited.

Good question. Never gave a thought about it.

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

360 no scope in BF3... Well i said everything here.

I have almost 1000 hours in cod4, i snipe ak 47 people with quickscoping. I have 16 fps and still maintain positives, and i play nearly 4 years, now i have a new laptop, goodbye ak 47. :)

100 hours isn't much, I played my first 100 hours of Planetside 2 in less than a month.

"An Excellent Signature"

Got 2000-3000 hours of Pokémon here. Don't know wether playing Pokémon makes you a true gamer lol 

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

Pretty much having a passion for it and doing it regularly.

You don't call someone a 'fisher' or 'skier' if they only do it every now and again. Same applies for gamer I say.

i see games as a graphic novel where you get to play as the main character.
instead of reading a story on a book, you can play a game and be able to experience everything that the protagonist does.
but how the game developers implement all the key elements is up to them, ether take time to make a game with an amazing story, gameplay, world design, art work and emotion, or they can skimp out of some parts and focus on certain areas which they believe is necessary..

i believe that games are meant to be well taught out, eg bioshock infinite blew the minds of many games, it didnt have realistic graphics but it had amazing artwork and an amazing story line, it captivates people and made them feel attached to Elizabeth. it also has a really fun game mechanics.

being a gamer is to immerse yourself in the story, the world and to try to understand the character.

I think a true gamers play on a PC and play competitively. 

WAAA that was beautiful. I feel proud.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Having an appreciation of any and all games without bias towards genre, platform, etc. Appreciate good games for what they are games. If its on pc great, if it's on console great, if it's in the N-Gage...wait did that platform have any good games? My buddy had it and hated the damn thing lol

I agree with this guy!

:D

Where am I? What is this place?

Well, anyone who plays a "game" is a "gamer", technically (and semantically).

However, there are different types of gamers. Hardcore. Casual. Many shades imbetween those.

I'm in the Hardcore category. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

just playing games and caring about what they represent, appreciate it as a medium and not caring about phrases such as *gamer* *true gamer* and so forth

Someone who plays games.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

To be a gamer is to hate on casuals :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

True gamers consider life itself a game.

vlcsnap-2010-10-06-16h09m11s40.png

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.