What it is to be a true Gamer

Well I am not that passionate about video games, but i do love Bingo. Any Bingo lover out there?

There's no such thing as a "true" or "real" gamer.

I personally don't enjoy 9-string guitars, but that doesn't change the fact that they look awesome as hell!

A true gamer downloads patches to a game he doesn't own but says "I might buy that one soon. It's great to be ready."

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

I consider I'm a gamer, true or not I don't know.

But I've saved a world from the evil Dr Robotnik, defeated a cat like empire as well as the rebel forces, I've tried to stop a war and failed because I was a pawn in a plan, watched my family die to find out a government conspiracy. To me games give me the immersion of a book that are interactive and make me feel like I'm there. Or they use to anyway.

People ask me when I am going to grow up and give up gaming. I won't.

People ask me when I am going to grow up and give up gaming. I won't.

Same here!

<rant>

Some people still see games as something that was on Atari 2600, NES, or arcades, no one sees past that stereotype. What destroys the image of gaming is a small percentage of immature people who scream in their headsets all day long. 

No one sees the fact that many games come way past many movies and TV series. 

I won't name any because of fanboyisms but you get the point. 

</rant>

As for the question: true gamer is someone who plays games they enjoy and doesn't care about the haters - even the PC master race!.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

A true gamer downloads patches to a game he doesn't own but says "I might buy that one soon. It's great to be ready."

LOL... that's me

I still keep the "Complete" mods for the 3 Stalker titles in some folder. 

But I don't like to be called a gamer.