HyperX Predator 240GB PCIe SSD

Go to solution Solved by CoolaxGaming,

Just checked as gain, I found a guy with the same mobo n ssd, it works!

Not sure if this should go in motherboard section or storage... Please correct me if it is wrong.

I just placed an order for a Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB PCIe SSD (http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-hyperx-predator-240g-shpm2280p2h-240g-19-107935-1334.htm ) but I'm not entirely certain that it works with my motherboard. I am lacking in knowledge about PCIe so I would just like a confirmation about that will work with my mobo. 

I have a Asus X79 Sabertooth (more info here: https://www.asus.com/ca-en/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X79/ ) and I am currently only using the top PCIe slot for my graphics card. 

I was in need of more space and this was on sale so I figured why not. Going to pick it up tomorrow though and would be really choked if it didn't work with my system. I do a lot of photo and video editing and I found that faster storage helped things move along more smoothly. For reference, here is the rest of my build.

Intel Core i7 3820 Quad Core 10MB 3.6GHZ Hyperthreading LGA2011 Processor

Kingston HyperX 4X4GB DDR3-1600 XMP Dual Channel Memory

Crucial M4 Micron C400 SSD 256GB 2.5IN

MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II

Running windows 7 Ultimate

The reviews for this SSD seem impressive but if anyone has any other thoughts about it I would like to hear them.

Thanks!

Just checked as gain, I found a guy with the same mobo n ssd, it works!

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

I just placed an order for a Kingston HyperX Predator 240GB PCIe SSD (http://www.ncix.com/detail/kingston-hyperx-predator-240g-shpm2280p2h-240g-19-107935-1334.htm ) but I'm not entirely certain that it works with my motherboard. I am lacking in knowledge about PCIe so I would just like a confirmation about that will work with my mobo. 

PCIe is pretty much universal. You should have no issues running that SSD with your motherboard :)

"Rawr XD"

Yuhp, as already stated, because it's PCI-E you wont have any troubles with it. M.2 and mSATA or alike though and you'd need to check your mobo for compatibility. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Excellent! Thanks everyone.

Does it matter which PCI slot I use? 

The folks at NCIX said that I should use the other x16 slot. This will use up the slot used for a second GPU if I wanted to run SLI in the future. I don't really plan on doing that, but I would like to keep the option open. 

From what I understand I should be able to use the bottom slot (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)) for this without sacrificing my other x16 slot. 

From what I understand I should be able to use the bottom slot (PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)) for this without sacrificing my other x16 slot. 

That should work.