Microsoft reveals Windows 10 Editions

GoodBytes

Looks like Home edition it  is.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Wonder if my Windows 8.1 Pro copy will get a free upgrade to 10 pro or just 10 home?

it will be pro

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

So x86 tablets get the Windows 10 Home or what? Cause windows 10 mobile still seams a bit stripped down version of windows hence limited storage space and resources on mobile, and because they mostly use ARM, and If I upgrade a win 8.1 tablet will I get a home version? will future x86 tablets get the home version? could I install the home version on for example the asus zenfone or other atom based devicies? There are still a lot question that are not clear for me when it comes to mobile devices.

So x86 tablets get the Windows 10 Home or what? Cause windows 10 mobile still seams a bit stripped down version of windows hence limited storage space and resources on mobile, and because they mostly use ARM, and If I upgrade a win 8.1 tablet will I get a home version? will future x86 tablets get the home version? could I install the home version on for example the asus zenfone or other atom based devicies? There are still a lot question that are not clear for me when it comes to mobile devices.

I think it is for sucky low-cost tablets. It is probably free for them, or something. Just my guess.

I wonder if it'll be possible to take my windows 7 home edition and make it a windows 10 pro version? :P

I wonder if it'll be possible to take my windows 7 home edition and make it a windows 10 pro version? :P

sure you can. You can upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free.

Then you can pay an edition upgrade from home to pro. Something that is/was available in previous versions of Windows.

I'm curious about the Education edition.

I would love Microsoft long time if they start implementing tools for classrooms into Windows, such as a built in classroom management solution. Also a feature that will cause a computer to explode the moment a student starts messing with it.

So initial pricing for Windows 10 is yet to be revealed...

Well, can't wait for it. Hope we get more info about it before release.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Does anybody know how the upgrade will work? 

My laptop is eligible for the upgrade but can I use the key on my new build?

Windows 10 Pro for me

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

sure you can. You can upgrade to Windows 10 Home for free.

Then you can pay an edition upgrade from home to pro. Something that is/was available in previous versions of Windows.

If I download the Windows 10 iso on release, I can just use my 8.1 Pro key, correct?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

I know most will get it with an upgrade but they should have released the prices too already, at least for the consumer stuff.

-------

Current Rig

-------