Is this a worthy upgrade?

So I've got a i7 2600k running on a msi z67-gd55 mobo. 16gb ram

Everything is perfectly fine. 4.3ghz oc.

Got an offer to purchase my cpu, mobo and ram for SGD 600 ($450USD)

And

An offer to sell me the following for SGD 800 ($600usd)

- i7 5820k

- Asus rampage v extreme

- Adata XGP 8GB DDR4 ram.

The catch is they do not have local warranty and one or a few of the cpu pins were bent but he apparently fixed it and it's running "fine" - he showed me a video he took to show the computer booting up to password screen. He says the pins were slightly bent and he is using it as his daily pc.

Go or no go?

Any other info I should know?

If you can truly confirm there is no hardware damage, then go for it. That price is pretty good, specially in your region which gets often taxed to death.

Try to found out why does he want to sell it. Does he need the money for something else and regrets having bought such hardware? Does he want to sell in order to buy a wicked 5960X new setup? Sounds to me he is having crashes and BSoD and that he can't return the parts....

Just saying, try to be cautious.

I would offer a deposit to evaluate the hardware -- say SGD 200 -- to evaluate for a week, possibly two, and inspect the hardware. This will give you an out. If the hardware is faulty, you'll return the hardware and get your SGD 200 back. Otherwise you can sell take up the buyer on his offer and transfer that to the seller. Just make sure to get the evaluation deal in writing.

Wife's build: Amethyst - Ryzen 9 3900X, 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X570-P, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 12GB, Corsair Obsidian 750D, Corsair RM1000 (yellow label)

My build: Mira - Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB EVGA DDR4-3200, ASUS Prime X470-PRO, EVGA RTX 3070 XC3, beQuiet Dark Base 900, EVGA 1000 G6

If you can truly confirm there is no hardware damage, then go for it. That price is pretty good, specially in your region which gets often taxed to death.

Try to found out why does he want to sell it. Does he need the money for something else and regrets having bought such hardware? Does he want to sell in order to buy a wicked 5960X new setup? Sounds to me he is having crashes and BSoD and that he can't return the parts....

Just saying, try to be cautious.

He tells me this is a system given to him from a friend over at usa. Given because of the bent pins. Not a local set apparently. And he himself has a rampage 4 e with a 4970X, which he has trouble selling at his asking price of SGD1000 ($800usd). In fact he was trying to sell me that system but I told him of my budget and he counter offered me this system.

What should I do to evaluate or to confirm that everything is indeed in working order?

He says he gives me a personal warranty of a week

I would offer a deposit to evaluate the hardware -- say SGD 200 -- to evaluate for a week, possibly two, and inspect the hardware. This will give you an out. If the hardware is faulty, you'll return the hardware and get your SGD 200 back. Otherwise you can sell take up the buyer on his offer and transfer that to the seller. Just make sure to get the evaluation deal in writing.

I tried asking him if I can deposit first but he keeps assuring me it is a fully working system and he says he is willing to give me his personal warranty for a week

I tried asking him if I can deposit first but he keeps assuring me it is a fully working system and he says he is willing to give me his personal warranty for a week

sounds fishy to me. booting to the password screen is in no way shape or form a demonstration that it works. bent/broken pins can cause issues seemingly at random, so i'd give it a pass. there is no guarantee that he'll honor that warranty since there is no legal obligation to do so.

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Top end hardware

Low price

No warranty

Previous physical damage

+

Video of it up to the login screen. (So it's not actually doing anything)

Edit: I just checked the price isn't even that low. Sack that off right away.

Something about this screams 'danger Will Robinson'

So I went on a hunch and bought it.. Ran prime95 for a day on a oc to 4gb.. No crashes or anomalies. Is there any other way to test the full functionality of the motherboard and cpu? Also I did a 3d rendering with 3d max, seemed fine, everything running at 100%.

However, I realized there may be some ram issues? It doesn't detect the two stick of Rams in the recommended slots but when I swapped them around and tried other configs it seemed to work and detect all 8gb. Initially it only detected one stick of 4gb as opposed to two. So.. Any suggestions?