Is Skyrim Legendary Edition worth it?

ProAFKGuy

So right now skryim legendary edition is $35.99 and I have $40.00 more dollars to spend should I spend it on skyrim legendary edition or should I just pass on it? By the way I have played skyrim a little on console but now if I get it on steam I can mod it.

no. Buy 3-4 good games instead...

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

If you liked the overall game you should get it^^ and the great modding community has alot to offer :P

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

if you want just get skyrim bc I didnt think the expansion packs where that good maybe on console but on pc you can mod as stated above so again I would just buy the normal version for 20 

Wait for greenmangaming sale of skyrim..... the normal version on steam is 21 euros...

AMD Radeon 7870 Gigabyte OC / Intel i5 3570k / ASrock Z77 Pro4 /Samsung 840 EVO 250GB / WD Blue 500GB 7200rpm / Kingston HyperX T1 2x4GB 1600mhz / SeaSonic 520w M12 / Thermaltake v4 Black

I was wondering the same thing as well. I need all 3 dlcs and it would be 25$ atm, but they were on sale on Gamespot for 22$ and I missed it about a week back. :(

I loved skyrim. I just need dragonborn but it's not that big on sale yet

I personally don't think it is worth it, I would rather buy a lot of slightly older/cheaper games for the money.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 | RAM: 8GB Kingston Beast 1866MHz

Case: Define R4 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 780ti | PSU: Corsair CX600M | SSD: 250GB Samsung 840 EVO

.... and a Partridge in a pear tree! 

skyrim is soooo worth it ! specially when you start modding it :)

skyrim is soooo worth it ! specially when you start modding it :)

I'm 126 mods in lol I'm surprised my gpu holds up well for being out of date

only 126 mods? im about around 150-170 XD

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Skyrim is in the top 5 games I have ever played totally worth it I bought it when it went on sale even though I already have it on my other computer( different steam account).

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

which gpu? are you using graphics mods? :P

which gpu? are you using graphics mods? :P

560ti and I have a healthy about of graphics mods to use higher res textures, better bodies, hair, more foliage, etc.

560ti and I have a healthy about of graphics mods to use higher res textures, better bodies, hair, more foliage, etc.

wow nice o.0

If you're into RPGs or The Elder Scrolls and if you can find it for 50% off or lower, definitely try it. I'd still recommend it even at full price. It's a great game on its own and with the addition of mods that add quest lines and other lands, it's an even greater value. To do everything in the vanilla game is close to 250-500 hours of content. More than worth it in my book.

I bought it during the steam summer sale. Wasn't a fan of the older elder scrolls, but I was also a lot younger when I played Morrowind. From a non fan of the series I find it quite enjoyable. And for me a big part of that is the modding community. I also bought system shock 2, gta4, fallout 3/NV all because of the modding community. It allows you to change the game style completely. From being able to fast travel everywhere to having consequences if you don't eat or sleep enough, having to be by a fire at night to keep warm so you don't freeze.

Or you can play it as it was and just change the graphics from better foliage to better looking npcs. Different lighting to different models all together. This is what really sold me on getting it plus all the great reviews. I am currently only lvl 11 and not far into it but I know once i beat the main story I have 2 DLC expansions that will provide extra content besides the side quests and a new mod just released that adds about 30 hours of questing. The amount of content for the price if on sale is worth it.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

I'd get just the regular version of skyrim first. 

dlc can be purchased later in time once you complete the original game first.

buy regular skyrim and buy the dlc later if you choose and you really do not need hearthfire. Mods add tons more content to the game than the dlc.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

buy regular skyrim and buy the dlc later if you choose and you really do not need hearthfire. Mods add tons more content to the game than the dlc.

Some mods require the hearthfire DLC.

There are some mods that require the DLC though so keep that in mind.

yea I missed that i have the dlc so i just forget about that when i look at mods

There are some mods that require the DLC though so keep that in mind.

Some mods require the hearthfire DLC.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

I love skyrim, and the modding is insane, I say get it while it is nice and cheap

Intel 3570K - MSI GTX 660Ti 3GB OC Edition - 16GB Corsair LP RAM - ASRock Extreme4 Motherboard - Corsair HX850 - Adata Premier Pro SP900 120GB SSD with Windows 7 - Seagate Barracuda 1TD HDD - Seagate Barracuda 500GB HDD - Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler - CM Storm Enforcer Case - Macbook Pro Early 2011 Laptop