Part upgrade before water cooling

Hey guys,

I´ll be getting into water cooling soon but before that I would like to upgrade some of my components to get the full benefit of my upcoming custom loop.

What would you guys recommend? Upgrade budget is around 600 dollars and the color scheme is red and white.

My current system specs:

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K @ 3,4 GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus Z87-C
  • RAM
    Team Group 8 Gb DDR3 1600 MHZ
  • GPU
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5 (white)
  • Storage
    Western Digital 1TB HDD, Kingston HyperX 3K 128 GB SSD
  • PSU
    Cooler Master 80 Plus Gold 550W
  • Display(s)
    Asus PG278Q Rog Swift
  • Cooling
    Intel Stock cooler (for now)

Thanks for your help!  :)

I think that you dont need any upgrades.

Unlocked i5 - check

Good enough GPU - check

Enough RAM - check

Good enough PSU - check

SSD - check

i'd definitely go for a kit of 16gigs of RAM.

other than that your system is pretty much up to date actually. tough you could always get a second 970 in SLI ofcourse! :D

I would think about maybe, just maybe replacing the already awesome 970 with one from EVGA. Since their warranty is still valid even after removing the cooler that comes with the card. As long as you ship back the card re-mount the cooler that came with the card.

I recently had to deal with EVGA support for an RMA of my 780. And apart from the shipping costs I had to deal with, then I have nothing bad to say about the experience, at all. It was even smoother and faster than Logitech's support.

But overall, you seem to have a solid system. Might want a larger SSD, but that's just the part of me speaking that wants to convert everything over to SSD.

Terve!

I think that you can do it this way.

You will not gain much in terms of performance with the liquid cooling.

If you want to liquid cool your RAM, you should definitely use a 16GB Kit. But if you can upgrade it at any time, you don't have to.

I don't have too much experiance with the RMA situation on the GPUs but I kind of doubt that you get the value of a new GPU back, when you go with an EVGA one.

Good luck with your build.

Sayonara!

I would get this:

16GB of RAM

Maybe a second 970??

A Z97 Board that you could maybe add into your loop?

PSU with slightly more wattage if second 970 and maybe anyway if you are doing a full loop

'FrostNova' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Samsterstorm/saved/WtBWGX :

CPU: Intel 4790k | MB: Asrock Z97 Extreme6 | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (+200, +250) | CASE: NZXT H440 (Black & Blue) | COOLER: Full EK 240mm CPU Loop | RAM: 16GB Hyper-X Fury (4x4GB @2133mhz) | STORAGE: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & Hyperx 120gb SSD | PSU: Corsair RM650 | SCREEN: Benq G2750 | LIGHTING: Deepcool RGB LED Kit | KEYBOARD: CM Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G502 | HEADSET: Hyperx Clouds White 

I would think about maybe, just maybe replacing the already awesome 970 with one from EVGA. Since their warranty is still valid even after removing the cooler that comes with the card. As long as you ship back the card re-mount the cooler that came with the card.

I recently had to deal with EVGA support for an RMA of my 780. And apart from the shipping costs I had to deal with, then I have nothing bad to say about the experience, at all. It was even smoother and faster than Logitech's support.

But overall, you seem to have a solid system. Might want a larger SSD, but that's just the part of me speaking that wants to convert everything over to SSD.

How could I replace my GTX 970? The card has no issues so I don´t think I can RMA it.

Otherwise sounds good  :)