Multiple computers in one case?!?

fredghostkyle

Hi,

I know I'd probably have to end up making my own modded case but I was wondering if there was any cases that could support like 8 mother boards and all that jazz so that it would be easy to host a really big LAN party and just have everything on one cooling system that is not as extreme as the whole house thing Linus loves to brag about :P 

Thanks, FRED 

~FRED

Well, Mini-ITX is possible. See Cooler Master HAF Stacker case like Stacker 915R and 915F.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Its called a rack server. You put the PCs into rack cases and put the racks in a rack mount.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

This is not impossible, but it is a bad idea. Imagine having eight computers in one case, all putting heat out in to one enclosure. None exist, and you'd have to mod one yourself, but it's a bad idea no less. (There are some server boxes designed for this, but they are not made to house gaming PCs.)

haf x stacker, 915 R and 915 f, 3 systems in 1 theoretical case (1 atx, 2 mini itx)

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Anything is possible.  How many watts per rig do you need to cool?

-Rich

Spotswood Computer Cases

This is not impossible, but it is a bad idea. Imagine having eight computers in one case, all putting heat out in to one enclosure. None exist, and you'd have to mod one yourself, but it's a bad idea no less. (There are some server boxes designed for this, but they are not made to house gaming PCs.)

I don't care if it's a bad idea I just want to do it.  :P

The phanteks Enthoo mini XL can hold two systems providing you add in this http://www.phanteks.com/PH-ITXKT.html

That's a huge case. Will defiantly look into, thanks! 

haf x stacker, 915 R and 915 f, 3 systems in 1 theoretical case (1 atx, 2 mini itx)

Sorry, didn't get all the lingo links or better explications please. 

~FRED

Sorry, didn't get all the lingo links or better explications please. 

I'll try to help you out. @007agentHP is talking about a series of cases made by coolermaster. They stack onto each other and the smaller ones can hold mini-ITX systems and the larger case can hold a full atx system. Link: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower-haf-series/haf935/

I'll try to help you out. @007agentHP is talking about a series of cases made by coolermaster. They stack onto each other and the smaller ones can hold mini-ITX systems and the larger case can hold a full atx system. Link: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/full-tower-haf-series/haf935/

Awesome, thank you so much! 

~FRED