Car question

AustinTheIntern

I was ready to park and I turned off the engine accidentally. Should I be worried...? The key was in the slot while the car was in drive, and I turned it off. Please tell me if i need to worry about anything before driving. Thanks

Btw the engine doesnt rev anymore when i ignite..

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

No, but how did the key turn if it was in drive?

I haven't driven a whole heap of autos, but every one I have been in the key can't turn if it is in drive.

What car was it? was it keyless?

Any car you should be able to turn the car off even though it is in drive. You can not start a car while in drive. Your car is fine.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I was ready to park and I turned off the engine accidentally. Should I be worried...? The key was in the slot while the car was in drive, and I turned it off. Please tell me if i need to worry about anything before driving. Thanks

No you shouldn't, it won't harm anything.

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

No, but how did the key turn if it was in drive?

I haven't driven a whole heap of autos, but every one I have been in the key can't turn if it is in drive.

What car was it? was it keyless?

Not keyless, lexus rx 300 2002

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Any car you should be able to turn the car off even though it is in drive. You can not start a car while in drive. Your car is fine.

No you shouldn't, it won't harm anything.

Can you check out my post again

I edited/added something on the bottom of the post

Not keyless, lexus rx 300 2002

I've got a Lexus IS250 2009 and my experience is that there is no way you can kill your lexus... they just don't break.

I don't think it will harm anything.

Once happened to someone I knew actually. If you try to start the car while in drive, it won't start. What you have to do is turn the key to the 'on' position, put the car in park, then start normally.

But he didn't have any related problems with his car after the incident, though.

Can you check out my post again

I edited/added something on the bottom of the post

What do you mean that it doesn't rev anymore?

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

What do you mean that it doesn't rev anymore?

Before you could hear the engine turn on/ignite

Now theres no sound o.o

Now theres no sound o.o

I'm not following you, are you saying that the engine cranks over but doesn't actually start?

Now theres no sound o.o

If the car goes, it's fine. The engine is probably still warm so it doesn't have to rev. Try again tomorrow or something, I'm sure it'll rev again. 

I'm not following you, are you saying that the engine cranks over but doesn't actually start?

I have no clue.... I think so

But i could still drive and reverse

Am i fine?

Ty for replying btw

Am i fine?

Ty for replying btw

Yes

If the car goes, it's fine. The engine is probably still warm so it doesn't have to rev. Try again tomorrow or something, I'm sure it'll rev again.

Ahh thanks this answered my problem

Am i fine?

Ty for replying btw

Does it drive OK, also no worries mate, glad to be of assistance :)

Thanks to everyone who helped me! :)

Does it drive OK, also no worries mate, glad to be of assistance :)

i dont know yet (in class) but i could reverse and park into another parking spot

i dont know yet (in class) but i could reverse and park into another parking spot

That'll work, at least you could test it during your break

dunno .... I drive a manual

Its all about those volumetric clouds

fact: cars are stupid proof. like for instance, my mother jag is keyless and if she turns it off while in drive, it engages the parking brake and puts the car into P. Your car will still be fine. dont worry over it dude!

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

dunno .... I drive a manual

The correct way and also the correct side of the car :)