Disable uTorrents Featured bar

dgtL

Within the last updates uTorrent has added ads....Booooo. So lets get rid of them! xD

They make you think you can just remove from the right click context but its not that easy. But dont fret its still possible AND easy.

Just open Preferences (Ctrl+P) and go Advanced located at the bottom.

LVWKLOp.png

On the filters field type "offer" ykPkWkk.png

Find the "offers.sponsored_torrent_offer_enabled" and set to FALSE

Gji3hzp.png

And thats it! just restart uTorrent and that ugly little bastard is gone!

THANK YOUUUUUUU, that was bothering me sooo much since they implemented it. XD

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Thankyou so much! Fricken ads annoy me so much I stopped watching tv :P

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Wow thanks dude!

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I'd noticed uTorrent going downhill rapidly since they got bought by BitTorrent, but this is what got me to try going back to 2.2.1 and I couldn't be happier. So much less bullshit - just lightweight and simplistic like utorrent should be.

Edit: In fact, maybe I should go back further...

Been reading these forums since the launch, made an account just to say thank-you for this!

I guess I should update my profile and stuff now... haha And maybe post more.

CPU -> Intel 4770K @ Core: 4.5GHz 1.250 volts / Cache: 4.4GHz 1.245 volts (Hyper-threading enabled) :: COOLING -> Corsair H100i :: RAM -> Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2x8GB) 2400MHz 10-12-12-31-43 1T 1.650 volts :: PSU -> Corsair AX860i

MOBO -> ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI HERO Bios 1402  ::  Case -> Corsair Air 540 ::  Mouse -> Logitech G500s ::  KB -> Logitech G510 (for now) ::  Storage -> SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 256GB :: HDD1 - Seagate 1TB Barracuda HDD2 - Seagate 2TB Barracuda 

GPU -> ASUS GTX 780 DCUii 3GB :: GPU @ 1059 MHz / 1202 MHz Boost :: GDDR @ 1652 MHz (6.608 GHz effective) stock volts ::  Monitor -> Asus VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1ms 1080p ::  Router -> RT-AC68U Firmware MerlinWRT 374.42-2

Well Jaron Im glad it heled and got you to join the forums! Welcome Aboard!

I didn't even realize the ad. lol

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I'd noticed uTorrent going downhill rapidly since they got bought by BitTorrent' date=' but this is what got me to try going back to 2.2.1 and I couldn't be happier. So much less bullshit - just lightweight and simplistic like utorrent should be. Edit: In fact, maybe I should go back further...[/quote']

This exactly. Guys, why bother upgrading your uTorrent. Your speeds are not going to improve just by upgrading. Keep to the clean version 2.2 :)

• 2 months later...

Thanks!

Intel i5 3570k | MSI GTX 670 Power Edition/OC SLI | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair Vengeance LP 16GB | Fractal Design Newton R2 650W | NZXT Switch 810 SE Gun Metal | BenQ 24" XL2420T 120Hz | Corsair K90  | Logitech G500 / Logtitech Performance MX | Sennheiser PC 360 | Asus Xonar DGX | NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit

thank you mad, good find

| AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.0GHz | Corsair A50 | MSI 990FXA GD80 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 | MSI GTX 660Ti PE 2GB | Corsair HX 750W |Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Seagate Baracuda 2x 1TB | Coolermaster 690 II Advanced  |

This exactly. Guys, why bother upgrading your uTorrent. Your speeds are not going to improve just by upgrading. Keep to the clean version 2.2 :)

The changes that have been implemented in these later updates with the exception of the ads are only for the better. Yes none of them will really increase your speeds dramatically if you already have the correct settings but I would rather not worry about keeping an old copy of the out dated installer. I prefer to just download the latest instance and install.

Did it!

Thanks for sharing!

I use i5-3470, 8GB kingston, SSD + 2x hdd, GTX 970