I am stuck again. 290x or 970

Samwell

Aren't bad? Look at this crap:

bf4_mp_cpu_4670k.png

20 fps less with AMD's DX11 driver compared to Nvidia's. Obviously 290X is capable of producing 80, but is bottlenecked by AMD's driver. I have a 290X and this is true.

Good thing I sold my 280x and bought a 970 then

Since it is a 290X Matrix grab it. 2nd Best 290X on the market, aside from the Lightning and 50 pounds cheaper, with real 4GB of RAM.

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Low budget get 290X, but GTX970 is better, faster.......

HowHow r they behind nvidia?

ThEy still have the fastest GGraphics card on the market, 295x2...

They have ONE card that's better than all, but that is a 2 core card :P Nvidia could just make a titan card with 2 cores and bye bye 295... do you get what I mean? Plus, the Titan X which is ONE core is not even far behind at all, that says it all. And did you even consider what I said about the rebranding? They are planning to release a new 300 series, and only 2 of the cards are based off of a new chip? And when that release comes out, the 980ti will come straight after... or even before IDK...

and hey, dont get me wrong, I WANT AMD to succeed and give out some awesome cards. I want the competition to be hot between amd and nvidia, that's only good for us customers. So I am not saying this just to be an asshole. I truly want AMD to comeback a little on the CPU front as well..

but this is just my opionion. its ok if you dont feel the same

i7-10700K 5.1Ghz / RTX 4070 Ti / 32GB 3.6Ghz 
- M&M -

They have ONE card that's better than all, but that is a 2 core card :P Nvidia could just make a titan card with 2 cores and bye bye 295... do you get what I mean? Plus, the Titan X which is ONE core is not even far behind at all, that says it all. And did you even consider what I said about the rebranding? They are planning to release a new 300 series, and only 2 of the cards are based off of a new chip? And when that release comes out, the 980ti will come straight after... or even before IDK...

and hey, dont get me wrong, I WANT AMD to succeed and give out some awesome cards. I want the competition to be hot between amd and nvidia, that's only good for us customers. So I am not saying this just to be an asshole. I truly want AMD to comeback a little on the CPU front as well..

but this is just my opionion. its ok if you dont feel the same

2 core card? You do know that modern graphic cards have 2000 cores per die...

ANd Nvidia CANT make a Titan X2 on a single PCB...

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Low budget get 290X, but GTX970 is better, faster.......

Actually Nvidia's driver is better. It's sad that AMD's graphics cards are bottlenecked by their driver.

i7 9700K @ 5 GHz, ASUS DUAL RTX 3070 (OC), Gigabyte Z390 Gaming SLI, 2x8 HyperX Predator 3200 MHz

HowHow r they behind nvidia?

ThEy still have the fastest GGraphics card on the market, 295x2...

The 295x2 is a dual GPU card. You could put 2 titan Xs in SLI and it would rape the 295x2.

The 295x2 is a dual GPU card. You could put 2 titan Xs in SLI and it would rape the 295x2.

Ahh but the dual titan x would be 2 graphic cards.

Graphic card and GPU do not mean the same thing.

GPU is the graphics die while graphic card is the PCB itslef

What a big load of bullshit is going through this thread lol.

Nvidia drivers are just as terrible as AMD drivers for that matter.

Never readed so much BS in my whole life.

Both 970 and 290x goes toe to toe. It all depends which features you like in Nvidia or AMD.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

What a big load of bullshit is going through this thread lol.

Nvidia drivers are just as terrible as AMD drivers for that matter.

Never readed so much BS in my whole life.

it's not the drivers, but the OPTIMIZATIONS within the drivers. both company make superb drivers.

Ahh but the dual titan x would be 2 graphic cards.

Graphic card and GPU do not mean the same thing.

GPU is the graphics die while graphic card is the PCB itslef

It's still 2 R9 290xs, so I'm missing how AMD how the strongest GPU because they don't because it's 2 GPUs.

2 core card? You do know that modern graphic cards have 2000 cores per die...

ANd Nvidia CANT make a Titan X2 on a single PCB...

Well. English is not my primary language, but I know that YOU know what I actually meant by saying 2 cores.... but I guess you just need to be that guy, don't you? And I just noticed that you are the biggest fanboy on the forum, so I don't see any point arguing with you anymore. Have fun looking only one way for the rest of your life.

- M&M -

It's still 2 R9 290xs, so I'm missing how AMD how the strongest GPU because they don't because it's 2 GPUs.

I said graphic card, not GPU.

Two different things.

Well. English is not my primary language, but I know that YOU know what I actually meant by saying 2 cores.... but I guess you just need to be that guy, don't you? And I just noticed that you are the biggest fanboy on the forum, so I don't see any point arguing with you anymore. Have fun looking only one way for the rest of your life.

K, you're new here.. Aren't you?

I said graphic card, not GPU.

Two different things. K, you're new here.. Aren't you?

On this particular forum, yes. But I have followed Linus for a long time. I have another tech forum I've been on since 2004, that's when you were 2 years old...

- M&M -

On this particular forum, yes. But I have followed Linus for a long time. I have another tech forum I've been on since 2004, that's when you were 2 years old...

Age dosent matter...

I probably know more stuff than u...

Age dosent matter...

I probably know more stuff than u...

lol.

- M&M -