First Ship

Hey guys, 

I'm about to get my first ship and I would like to get the Aurora 2944 Legionnaire, do I have to buy the Aurora LN first and after pay that 10$ to get the Legionnaire? If you have other ships to suggest me under 80$ let me know.

Thanks in advance!

My first ship was the Freelancer, got it back in late 2013.

I would highly recommend the Aurora series as a cheap way to get in to the game, its more which aurora fits you best sort of thing.

IMO i quite like the Aurora LN and even though i got an Avenger have thought about getting an LN for my self as i just love it.

Packs a pretty good punch while still being a cheap ship to run and replace if you brake it.

But it all comes down to what fits you best.

-Edit

The Aurora LN is the Legionnaire.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/rsi-aurora/Aurora-LN

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/Packages/Aurora-LN

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

My first ship was the Freelancer, got it back in late 2013.

I would highly recommend the Aurora series as a cheap way to get in to the game, its more which aurora fits you best sort of thing.

IMO i quite like the Aurora LN and even though i got an Avenger have thought about getting an LN for my self as i just love it.

Packs a pretty good punch while still being a cheap ship to run and replace if you brake it.

But it all comes down to what fits you best.

For sure I don't want a ship just for fighting, I want a ship more for exploring , carry a bit of stuff and still be able to defend my self. So we are spending real money and my ship can be destroyed and loose my ship for ever that I paid?

For sure I don't want a ship just for fighting, I want a ship more for exploring , carry a bit of stuff and still be able to defend my self. So we are spending real money and my ship can be destroyed and loose my ship for ever that I paid?

Hey, sorry for the long delay on this reply....

Yes you can loose it forever but the chances of that happening are small.

If you get insurance for that ship in game it will be fine, if you blow up then it will be replaced. Just make sure your insurance doesn't run out :P

The Aurora LN is built for fighting but it still has the same amount of cargo as all the other Auroras bar the transport version which holds nearly double. But the LN has a bigger power plant and 2 extra gun mounts so all round is a much better ship, trade cargo for me defense and stronger power cor.

And the Aurora LN can carry cargo, not much but as a small ship that is expected.

If you want more cargo space it would be a better idea to buy a bigger and better ship like a Freelancer Max IMO.

Desktop: CPU: I7-5820K GPU: 980Ti, 750Ti PhysX Mobo: MSI X99A SLI PLUS RAM: 4x4 Kingston DDR4 2400MHz OS: Win10
Storage: 250GB Samsung Evo, 3TB WD Black and Green FIRESTRIKE, Reason for dedicated PhysX Card.

Peripherals: Screen: 3x BenQ VZ2350 Mouse: Razer Naga Keyboard: Some Dell Thing Sound: Razer Tiamat, 5.1 Logitech Surround Speakers

As of now you are spending real money for a ship, but in the current released bit of SC you cant really "lose" your ship. We have Arena Commander atm which allows you to fly your ship around and dogfight other players without risk of wasting all the money you spent, your ship just respawns after you die.   Once the game goes live and is fully released however and we have the Persistent Universe, if you dont have Insurance on your ship, you will lose it once it is destroyed in space. (if you buy an Aurora package right now it comes with some insurance, so no need to worry). Hope this helped :)

Hey, sorry for the long delay on this reply....

Yes you can loose it forever but the chances of that happening are small.

If you get insurance for that ship in game it will be fine, if you blow up then it will be replaced. Just make sure your insurance doesn't run out :P

The Aurora LN is built for fighting but it still has the same amount of cargo as all the other Auroras bar the transport version which holds nearly double. But the LN has a bigger power plant and 2 extra gun mounts so all round is a much better ship, trade cargo for me defense and stronger power cor.

And the Aurora LN can carry cargo, not much but as a small ship that is expected.

If you want more cargo space it would be a better idea to buy a bigger and better ship like a Freelancer Max IMO.

By accident I bought the Aurora LN package and the RSI Aurora LN upgrade thinking it was the upgrade for the LN, but it doesnt go with it because it's the same ship. So I went and bought the normal Aurora MR so I can use my upgrade and applied it. So now I have 2 identical LN ships. Probably will credit one and soon buy a Freelancer Max like you said. Right now you can't buy ships with game currency and not real money?

By accident I bought the Aurora LN package and the RSI Aurora LN upgrade thinking it was the upgrade for the LN, but it doesnt go with it because it's the same ship. So I went and bought the normal Aurora MR so I can use my upgrade and applied it. So now I have 2 identical LN ships. Probably will credit one and soon buy a Freelancer Max like you said. Right now you can't buy ships with game currency and not real money?

Yeah you have to buy them with real money atm but don't think of it as buying a ship, more supporting the game.

But yeah if you run in to some money down the road and want to upgrade to freelancer max pack then you can always melt both of the ships which gives you in store money that you can also add a little bit more to so you can get a better pack.

So just off the top of my head if you have 2 $45 packs you can melt both to get $90 in store credit so all you would need is like another $40 ish and you can buy the Freelancer Max game pack.

When the PU is out (Main Game) then all ships will be able to be bought using in game money but for now its more of a way to support the games development while still getting something back.

Yeah you have to buy them with real money atm but don't think of it as buying a ship, more supporting the game.

But yeah if you run in to some money down the road and want to upgrade to freelancer max pack then you can always melt both of the ships which gives you in store money that you can also add a little bit more to so you can get a better pack.

So just off the top of my head if you have 2 $45 packs you can melt both to get $90 in store credit so all you would need is like another $40 ish and you can buy the Freelancer Max game pack.

When the PU is out (Main Game) then all ships will be able to be bought using in game money but for now its more of a way to support the games development while still getting something back.

is the freelancer a better all around ship? What makes it better?

is the freelancer a better all around ship? What makes it better?

IMO

It has a descent sized cargo hold and the price is pretty good for it.

Can be crew by just you so you can make the most out of your trading but if you do choose to have a 2nd crew member they can operate a rear turret for defense.

It has 4 gimble guns aswell and quite a nice payload of missiles so if your target is infront of you, you can easily take them out.

It has 2 TR5 Thrusters (4 TR5 on MAX) so strait line speed will be very good, With many thrusters so that it wont be top dog in a dog fight but isnt sluggish ether.

At that price point it has a good cargo, good defense, good offence, good strait line speed and low running costs.

And i own one :D

If you want to know more though you can look on youtube for videos on nearly every ship or ask on the RSI Forums where there are heaps of people that can help you out and better decide on a ship for you cause its always better to get more then one opinion.

Your buying game and starter ship at the moment.

If you contact customer services they might give you a refund, if not you could melt it and get store credit instead.

There is no point buying larger ships unless you want to contribute towards development, if you have alpha access you can play arena commander and earn REC (rental credits) after you have enough you can hire bigger ships and weapons for a week using REC.

Your buying game and starter ship at the moment.

If you contact customer services they might give you a refund, if not you could melt it and get store credit instead.

There is no point buying larger ships unless you want to contribute towards development, if you have alpha access you can play arena commander and earn REC (rental credits) after you have enough you can hire bigger ships and weapons for a week using REC.

If you have that 'gotta catch them all' fever, you could also just melt both and settle for a bigger ship, otherwise @EvilGenius, go through support and just have them refund you what you didn't need.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

• 2 weeks later...

My personal recommendation goes out to the Cutlass. It's a beauty, packs a bigger punch than a Freelancer, and is 10 times as maneuverable. It can also hold (officially) 3 crew as opposed to just two.

And there's a new option to grab now - MISC Reliant. It's a starter ship with a crew of 2. An interesting and a little different approach to starter ships.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14730-MISC-Reliant-Now-Available

In all honesty, the MISC Reliant looks like the clear winner in a competition between the Aurora, Mustang, and itself, regardless of variant.

I was about to mention the Reliant. It seems like a great option for starters now, especially since it can pack another person inside of it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Only problem currently is that the Reliant (as with all concept sales) are ship only sales.

Unless he wouldn't mind waiting for the package sale to come up in maybe 2 weeks to 3 months (since it is a future starter package, it might be sooner), he will have to purchase a package and then the stand-alone reliant.

Still new, but learning

i7 4790K / GTX 970 G1 Gaming / Maximus VII Hero / Swiftech H240x / Corsair Vengeance Pro 16gb, 1600mhz, cl9 / 850 evo 250GB /

WD Blue 1TB / HX850 / Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Only problem currently is that the Reliant (as with all concept sales) are ship only sales.

Unless he wouldn't mind waiting for the package sale to come up in maybe 2 weeks to 3 months (since it is a future starter package, it might be sooner), he will have to purchase a package and then the stand-alone reliant.

I assume the package option will be added when the Reliant is fly (or at least Hangar) ready. The Mustang was put forward and launched with packages, but the Reliant will have to catch up.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!