Update: Rockstar clarifies its stance on GTA V modding

uhMayzedHD

It has taken the studio a while but Rockstar has finally clarified its stance on modding with Grand Theft Auto V, confirming that you won’t be banned for using single-player mods or moved to the cheater pool . This follows several unconfirmed reports of users getting banned from GTA Online after using the FOV mod in single-player.

In a new post on the Rockstar newswire, the studio said: “We have always appreciated the creative efforts of the PC modding community and we still fondly remember the awesome zombie invasion mod and original GTA map mod for GTA IV PC among many other classics. To be clear, the modding policy in our license has not changed and is the same as for GTA IV”.

actual_1431014122.jpg

So the modding license has not changed at all, contrary to popular rumor. Last week it was reported that the most recent GTA V patch was breaking mods, according to Rockstar, that was not part of the plan but explained that mods will unintentionally break from time to time after patches:

“Recent updates to GTAV PC had an unintended effect of making unplayable certain single player modifications. This was not intentional, no one has been banned for using single player modifications, and you should not worry about being banned or being relegated to the cheater pool just for using single player PC mods.”

Obviously, Rockstar is going to continue to be on the lookout for mods that could mess with GTA Online. Unfortunately, Rockstar does not have reliable customer service, so if the anti-cheat system accidentally catches you out, chances are, you won’t get much help.

Yet you still will get banned for using an FOV mod because it's an "unfair advantage" if they included decent FOV settings to begin with we wouldn't be having this issue. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

I'm still kinda scared to mod it with my client connected to the Internet.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Yet you still will get banned for using an FOV mod because it's an "unfair advantage" if they included decent FOV settings to begin with we wouldn't be having this issue.

Not in single player but in multiplayer, yes.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Not in single player but in multiplayer, yes.

Yeah that's what I meant, but if you use it in single player and just forget that you have it installed and go into GTA:O you'll get banned which just sucks ass. And as far as I know you can't go offline whilst starting the game. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Yeah that's what I meant, but if you use it in single player and just forget that you have it installed and go into GTA:O you'll get banned which just sucks ass. And as far as I know you can't go offline whilst starting the game.

Oh yeah. Fucking DRM

Oh yeah. Fucking DRM

Double DRM the best kind  -_-  -_-  -_-