New laptop for work...and play a bit.

Hello,

I am looking for a new laptop for work. I am a web developer, with a bit of graphic design on the side. I am a gamer and I have a gaming rig. I will be using the laptop for some gaming, though. I will mostly be game-streaming, so big resource intensive games will be handle by the rig and not the laptop. I will just probably wind up playing older titles like Medieval II/Empire Total War, Just Cause 2, NBA 2K15, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield...etc. I have a mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina display i7/16GB/512GB that I am selling, so no more Apple for me. I will be looking for a Windows based laptop. Anyhow, here is the list:

Budget:
$1400-1700 (less expensive is always good though lol)

U.S.

Uses:
Web Development/Graphic Design (Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver multiple browsers and browser tabs running simultaneously)/Light gaming

Screen Size:
15" max.

Resolution:
1920 x 1080

Games/Settings:
Any games, really. From Older Battlefield, Total War, GTA, Skyrim...etc. Medium to high.

Windows 8.1

HDD/SSD:
At least 256GB

Thank you in advance for your help!

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH4 | RAM: 8 GB Blue Ares | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 GHz Edition | Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White | Storage: 250 GB SSD Corsair Neutron - 128 GB SSD Kingston - 1 TB WD Black | PSU: Corsair 850 watt | Display: 3 x Dell S2340M 23-Inch IPS 

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I have a mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina display i7/16GB/512GB that I am selling, so no more Apple for me. I will be looking for a Windows based laptop.

dont sell it ...

won't get anything better for that kind of money ...

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

you should check out some of the stuff MSI is selling. (i personally love the GS60!)

also, maybe the razer blade is something for you? i hear it's quite expensive tough.

Thanks for your quick reply! Yeah, from what I have started researching, MSI and ASUS seem to be the go to lappies for many. I don't know about the RazerBlade. I know of it, but I don't know if you are paying for the name or if it is really that much better than its MSI and ASUS counterparts. I am going to check out the GS60 that you mentioned.

Thanks!

CPU: Intel i7 3770K | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UDH4 | RAM: 8 GB Blue Ares | GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 780 GHz Edition | Case: Corsair C70 Vengeance Arctic White | Storage: 250 GB SSD Corsair Neutron - 128 GB SSD Kingston - 1 TB WD Black | PSU: Corsair 850 watt | Display: 3 x Dell S2340M 23-Inch IPS 

The both look nice! Thank you. I am going to take a look. I have hear good things about the MSI laptops that are out. Do you happed to now if the MSI has an IPS display? I see the Alienware does.

dont sell it ...

won't get anything better for that kind of money ...

I cannot get into the OS. It seems kind of closed for me and I think that for the price I paid for it, I can get a hell of a Windows based laptop.

The both look nice! Thank you. I am going to take a look. I have hear good things about the MSI laptops that are out. Do you happed to now if the MSI has an IPS display? I see the Alienware does.

I cannot get into the OS. It seems kind of closed for me and I think that for the price I paid for it, I can get a hell of a Windows based laptop.

MSI does have IPS display.

You can install windows in a mac?  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

then install Windows on it ... no you won't get a hell of a Windows based laptop.

something comparable would be the Razer Blade, but that would cost you $2500.

a week ago you were asking if you should be a 2011 Macbook Pro and now you have a 2014 one?

and 3 weeks ago you almost bought an msi gs30?

MSI does have IPS display.

You can install windows in a mac?  :lol:

Yeah, but it is the model with iGPU. It does not have a dedicated GPU like some of the options posted above.

then install Windows on it ... no you won't get a hell of a Windows based laptop.

something comparable would be the Razer Blade, but that would cost you $2500.

The Alienware 15 and MSI that were posted are considerably less than the money I paid for that Mac. It was $2300 for it and that is just the i7 2.2 GHz/16GB RAM/ 512GB SSD/HD 5200 IGPU. For $1599, I can have all of that and a 970m.

a week ago you were asking if you should be a 2011 Macbook Pro and now you have a 2014 one?

and 3 weeks ago you almost bought an msi gs30?

Yes. I decided that I would go with a new MacBook Pro because I did not trust the ones on Craigslist or eBay. And, yes, I was looking at the GS30. I am not very knowledgeable in the area, so I have a lot of questions and concerns. I appreciate the look through my history, though.

The Alienware 15 and MSI that were posted are considerably less than the money I paid for that Mac. It was $2300 for it and that is just the i7 2.2 GHz/16GB RAM/ 512GB SSD/HD 5200 IGPU. For $1599, I can have all of that and a 970m.

the alienware and the msi are considerably worse in many other areas though.

if you can return it or sell it for a good price, then go for it.

to me it sounded like you already had that macbook for a while ...

I appreciate the look through my history, though.

... that's why I was looking through your history.

the alienware and the msi are considerably worse in many other areas though.

if you can return it or sell it for a good price, then go for it.

to me it sounded like you already had that macbook for a while ...

Nah, I just got to see if I would like it. The dumbed down Garageband, from what I remember from back in '08 when I messed around in it last lol. What do you mean by "worse in many other areas"?

Clevo P650SE? Sager's variant is called the NP8651.

Frost | 7700K @ 4.9GHz 1.36v, delidded | Asus DUAL GTX 1060 6GB OC | Corsair LPX 16GB DDR4 2800MHz | Samsung 960 EVO 250GB SSD + Toshiba 1TB HDD + Toshiba 2TB HDD + Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SSD for macOS | Asus PRIME Z270-A | Fractal Design Celsius S24 | Seasonic M12-II 620W PSU | Corsair 400C White | NZXT Hue+

Samsung Galaxy S8 | Stock

Ticwatch E (Black) | Ticwatch Brown Leather Strap

Asus UX303LN. 13" ultrabook with an 840M.Powerful enough to play most demandind games at 1080p on low.Also rather cheap,coming at around $1000-1100 for the 1080p,i7,256GB SSD.They also have models with QHD screens if that's your thing.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Hello,

I am looking for a new laptop for work. I am a web developer, with a bit of graphic design on the side. I am a gamer and I have a gaming rig. I will be using the laptop for some gaming, though. I will mostly be game-streaming, so big resource intensive games will be handle by the rig and not the laptop. I will just probably wind up playing older titles like Medieval II/Empire Total War, Just Cause 2, NBA 2K15, Assassin's Creed, Battlefield...etc. I have a mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina display i7/16GB/512GB that I am selling, so no more Apple for me. I will be looking for a Windows based laptop. Anyhow, here is the list:

Budget:

$1400-1700 (less expensive is always good though lol)

U.S.

Uses:

Web Development/Graphic Design (Photoshop/Illustrator/Dreamweaver multiple browsers and browser tabs running simultaneously)/Light gaming

Screen Size:

15" max.

Resolution:

1920 x 1080

Games/Settings:

Any games, really. From Older Battlefield, Total War, GTA, Skyrim...etc. Medium to high.

Windows 8.1

HDD/SSD:

At least 256GB

Thank you in advance for your help!

Get the Mai it has an iOS screen

My Cheap But Good Rig: I7-3770s, Intel Motherboard (actually made by intel), 16gb DDR3, Nvidia Gtx 1070, 250gb Samsung 850 EVO SSD, 750gb HDD, Evga 500 BR power supply

Thank you for your replies!

I am really about to pull the trigger on this:

It looks like a decent laptop for a alright price. What do you think? I am still open for your suggestions, though.

Thanks, again!