4790K at 1.22 V clock speeds

A little update

I tried to but the voltage back step by step and I can boot to 1.17 V at 4.6 GHz and run a stress test for 3 minutes in AIDA64. I know you have to stress much longer for a reliable stable CPU. Currently, i am running at 1.185 V (little bit higher on load, around 1.19 V) and I try that for a couple of days with some additional stress tests.

Two questions: Is it even possible for the 4790K to run at that voltages , and what kind of advantages I can expect?

My temps are around 70 degress celcius on highest core, ambient temp around 24 celcius.

Cooler: NH-D14

if you can get 4.6 stable at 1.19v i'll be amazed. that is an amazing voltage for 4.6.

as far as advantages, i'm assuming you mean advantages at that voltage. Which would be lower temps really and that is about it. i'd run aida64 all night while you sleep as a stress test, or you can run a couple hours of occt (its what i ran for my overclocks, works good, not torture like prime95).

My rig:
CPU: i5 4690k 24/7 @4.4ghz (1.165v) Max 4.7ghz (1.325v) COOLER: NZXT Kraken X61 MOBO: Asus Z97-A   RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical   GPU: EVGA GTX 970 SSC   PSU: EVGA GS 650W   CASE: NZXT Phantom 530 HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB + WD Black 2TB

Cool. I can't wait to oc my i7 4790k when I get my new case.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.