What happened in Baltimore?

Let's slow down for a second: Please look at context. By that I mean the many recent cases of police shooting fleeing and even unarmed black men around your nation.

Now let's take a look at Baltimore, a city I'm sure has a lot of socioeconomical struggles like the rest of the big cities. Everyone's gut reaction is to say "Fuck mobs, fuck looters" but nobody is actually putting two and two together that people struggling under this conditions, with long histories of police harassment (but not necessarily anybody dying to it recently) were just about ready to blow anyway.

Social unrest of this magnitude doesn't happens overnight or due to a single isolated incident. Take Ferguson for example: even if the initial shooting was "cleared" as legal, it did uncover a lot of evidence of actual racism by the Police and of course nothing was done about that, because the main case well that's done, move on and bring the national guard to quiet down people.

It really is none of my business to tell your government how to deal with protesters but what they're doing right now it's just inciting a large scale revolution.

Socioeconomic standing does not excuse criminal behavior from either end of the spectrum. To quote Dr. Martin Luther King "If it's your lot in life to be a street sweeper, then be the best damned street sweeper you can be".

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Socioeconomic standing does not excuse criminal behavior from either end of the spectrum. To quote Dr. Martin Luther King "If it's your lot in life to be a street sweeper, then be the best damned street sweeper you can be".

I was not excusing it, I was explaining it. You know you're pretty big on some parts of not obeying blindly anyway and I'm sure you're even for the people's right to bear arms to defend against tyranny are you not? 

So hypothetically, If you thought that the law was not being upheld and that the criminal system was basically stacked against you regardless of your innocence or guilt and that you're really struggling to even survive, wouldn't you say that the people should have the right to violently overthrow a government that is not only failing them but actively persecuting them and putting them in this situations?

-------

Current Rig

-------

I was not excusing it, I was explaining it. You know you're pretty big on some parts of not obeying blindly anyway and I'm sure you're even for the people's right to bear arms to defend against tyranny are you not? 

So hypothetically, If you thought that the law was not being upheld and that the criminal system was basically stacked against you regardless of your innocence or guilt and that you're really struggling to even survive, wouldn't you say that the people should have the right to violently overthrow a government that is not only failing them but actively persecuting them and putting them in this situations?

conservative white america is 3 words away from rioting on an unprecedented scale.

Gun Law Reform

conservative white america is 3 words away from rioting on an unprecedented scale.

Gun Law Reform

Well yes and no. Yes but it's not just because that if you ask me, white people are also not strangers to inequity and extreme poverty and such.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Everywhere I've heard said he was being detained for an illegal knife. *shrug* I can't change anything and no matter WHAT happened, people will still get their panties in a twist and bitch.

I read a release by the DAs office saying the officers saw a knife tucked away in a holder on the inside of his jacket and decided on the spot it was a switchblade (which it wasn't) and "used" that to detain him and transport him to his death. I put used in quotation marks because it was completely bogus to detain him on no grounds. They didn't even check if it was indeed an illegal knife. Or if they did they detained him anyway. Pretty well everything the police did is totally bogus from the moment they laid eyes on him.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I'm not going to say that there was no wrong doing by the hands of the police officers involved. In fact I think this was a murder, but to say he was innocent is a bit deceiving. 

Freddy Gray's arrest record...

http://clashdaily.com/2015/04/freddy-grays-arrest-record-heres-the-rap-sheet-of-the-dude-theyre-destroying-baltimore-over/

Which still makes him innocent. His prior crimes have no bearing.

Nobody is angry that the cops chased him...ofcourse they would investigate. But it was still an illegal arrest since he did not do anything illegal.

Whether or not he was a criminal POS has no bearing what so ever.

Criminals has exactly the same rights as the next of us.

Beside the original detainment/altercation, all we know is he was fine when he got into the van, when he got out of the van he had a broken spinal cord. One of the other prisoners in the van, who couldn't see Gray because of a partion between the cells, said he heard banging from Gray's cell, the prisoner speculated that he may have been trying to hurt himself, but he retracted his story, as he now fears for his life after undermining the protesters' story. We still have ZERO idea how the injury happened, and 6 cops have been charged, 3/6 of the cops are black, OBVIOUSLY racist..

The race aspect is irrelevant here. This is about police brutality.

It is almost impossible to selfinjure yourself in that manner...its not just his spine, but a crushed voice box. The medical examiner ruled it a homicide.

The prisoner you mention, could not see him. The reasons you give for his retraction is speculation on your part.

You are right...we have no proof what happened, but that is not something positive for the positive here....He was in their custody, he dies, and they have no explanation....You just accept this?

I have a serious problem with how this is portrayed in the media. Police says "We will not release any information", and then they leak the story about the other prisoner.

Somebody is not playing fair game, and the blue wall of silence is once again in place.

Its sad that people who would normally be critical of the police state, will suddenly defend the police because they are angry about the protesters......

Gun Law Reform

Conservative White America said that before every single weapons legislation since the civil war.

Unless guns are actually outlawed, conservative white America won't do anything.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

Which still makes him innocent. His prior crimes have no bearing.

Nobody is angry that the cops chased him...ofcourse they would investigate. But it was still an illegal arrest since he did not do anything illegal.

Whether or not he was a criminal POS has no bearing what so ever.

Criminals has exactly the same rights as the next of us.

No, his past crimes do not make him guilty but it does not do good things for his credibility.

Fleeing the police is in fact a crime. As is resisting arrest, so yes, he did indeed do things illegal. Also as a felon, he cannot carry a knife regardless of its opening mechanism. Your claim that the police had no right to arrest him is bogus. 

No, felons do not have the same rights as the rest of us. Look at voting, and gun rights for example. Shit, even non felons, in many states if you get 3 DUI's you get special license plates that single you out as a problem and allow them to stop you at any time for any reason. 

Again, I do think that he was murdered unjustly by the police officers, but he was justifiably arrested. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

No, his past crimes do not make him guilty but it does not do good things for his credibility.

Fleeing the police is in fact a crime. As is resisting arrest, so yes, he did indeed do things illegal. Also as a felon, he cannot carry a knife regardless of its opening mechanism. Your claim that the police had no right to arrest him is bogus. 

No, felons do not have the same rights as the rest of us. Look at voting, and gun rights for example. Shit, even non felons, in many states if you get 3 DUI's you get special license plates that single you out as a problem and allow them to stop you at any time for any reason. 

Again, I do think that he was murdered unjustly by the police officers, but he was justifiably arrested. 

Running from the police is not a crime. You are wrong 

You are also wrong about felons possessing a knife. 

edit: Also people who use a criminal past as an excuse for violating someone's rights are just looking for the most expedient reason to confirm their existing bias and assume guilt while conveniently avoiding the burden of context, critical thought, and due process.

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Running from the police is not a crime. You are wrong

edit: Also people who use a criminal past as an excuse for violating someone's rights are just looking for the most expedient reason to confirm their existing bias and assume guilt while conveniently avoiding the burden of context, critical thought, and due process.

I really doubt the police knew who he was or that he was a felon before they descended upon him.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Running from the police is not a crime. You are wrong 

Come again?

Fleeing or evading the police in the first degree is a class D felony 

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=19876

As for the knife, allow me to elaborate. It appears the law is 4" blade length and under is OK, anything over that is a no-go. However it appears that in MD it is illegal for anyone to carry a concealed pocket knife over 3" in blade length, without a concealed weapons permit.

http://prepperchimp.com/2014/03/01/us-knife-laws-by-state-how-to-stay-legal/

Your edit leads me to believe you have not really read my post. 

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

Come again?

http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx?id=19876

As for the knife, allow me to elaborate. It appears the law is 4" blade length and under is OK, anything over that is a no-go. However it appears that in MD it is illegal for anyone to carry a concealed pocket knife over 3" in blade length, without a concealed weapons permit.

http://prepperchimp.com/2014/03/01/us-knife-laws-by-state-how-to-stay-legal/

Your edit leads me to believe you have not really read my post. 

Fleeing from police is not a crime in itself. What crime was committed before he ran? 

From the link provided:

What is Legal to Own

It is legal to own a balisong knife, also called butterfly knife.
it is legal to own dirks, daggers, stilettos, and other slim knives.
It is legal to own switchblades, gravity knives, and automatic knives.
It is legal to own ballistic knives.
It is legal to own disguised knives like belt knives and lipstick knives.
It is legal to own throwing stars and throwing knives.
It is legal to own undetectable knives.
It is legal to own Bowie knives and other large knives.
There are no limitation on the type of knife you can own in Maryland.

Limits on Carry

You can not conceal carry a throwing star, dirk, switchblade, gravity knife, or bowie knife.
You can not open carry a throwing star, dirk, switchblade, gravity knife, or bowie knife with the intent to harm someone.
You can open or conceal carry any sized pocket knife you wish.
If a knife is not listed above, it is most likely to be legal for concealed or open carry. Read on to see why.

I did not see anything about needing a concealed weapons permit

As for my edit, I noticed you listed his past offensives and must have confused you with another users comment about his past. I apologize for the misallegation 

yesterday's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why

Fair enough...apparently people need some fact check

He was never shot....Stop posting when you know nothing.

¨No....He was not arrested for an "illegal" knife.

Police arrives. Guy gets eye contact with officer and flees. he gets tackled, looks hurt and gets thrown into van...AFTERWARDS they find a knife on him...a knife that is LEGAL!

It was not a switchknife and it was legal under Baltimore law. The knife was only found afterwards.-..

Underway in the van, his spine gets severely separated and his voice box was crushed. Nobody knows why, but people assume it was a rough ride.

Fact is that he did nothing wrong. Running from police is not illegal.

Yeah, how dare people get angry when an completely innocent man dies.

26 innocent people died under the supervision of the police these 2 past years.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Fleeing from police is not a crime in itself. What crime was committed before he ran? 

From the link provided:

I did not see anything about needing a concealed weapons permit

As for my edit, I noticed you listed his past offensives and must have confused you with another users comment about his past. I apologize for the misallegation 

I know where you are coming from on the fleeing police but as I don't think simply running should be a crime, but as the law stands now, running from a police officer even if you have committed no other crime, is illegal. 

As for the knife, I admit I glazed over it quickly. It is interesting that the state specifics are at odds with the map, where it shows concealing a knife 3" and above to be illegal. 

Why? Because I have ethics. The people have a right(actually a duty) to defend themselves from tyranny, not actively attack it. The day that police open fire with real bullets, and slaughter a crowd full of people, then I fully expect the american people to overthrow their government. Not just attempt it, but to succeed. Anyone who thinks that can't happen, go ask a cop what they would do if they were ordered to confiscate weapons from american citizens, you will get a two word answer most likely "f**k no".

Also, in relation to this topic, I would like to give some facts that I only recently became aware of.

10929004_10152747066628432_4893664143340

I don't care about race. I just want to know why our police kill so many American citizens.

A man with a large criminal record died while in custody, and people got pissed thanks to police brutality being someting the media LOVES to milk out. Then racism happened, and the people being racist don't think they are because their skin tone has been heavily discriminated upon in the past. They're only adding fuel to a fire they want to die.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

Why? Because I have ethics. The people have a right(actually a duty) to defend themselves from tyranny, not actively attack it.

Also, in relation to this topic, I would like to give some facts that I only recently became aware of.

-out of context pic-

I don't care about race. I just want to know why our police kill so many American citizens.

I don't suppose you have a table that shows how many criminals shoot cops vs how many cops shoot innocents to accompany those?

-------

Current Rig

-------

A man with a large criminal record died while in custody, and people got pissed thanks to police brutality being someting the media LOVES to milk out. Then racism happened, and the people being racist don't think they are because their skin tone has been heavily discriminated upon in the past. They're only adding fuel to a fire they want to die.

Yeah they just milked the fuck out of those news of a black man fleeing being shot in the back or a black man not resisting being choked to death, those assholes!

-------

Current Rig

-------

I don't suppose you have a table that shows how many criminals shoot cops vs how many cops shoot innocents to accompany those?

I do not. I am only relaying information that I became aware of today. However, I would like to point out one thing.

realenemysplash.jpg

He has a f**king point. No one can deny it.

Yeah they just milked the fuck out of those news of a black man fleeing being shot in the back or a black man not resisting being choked to death, those assholes!

The sentence you are referring to has no indication as to what color of skin I am implying. I said that the media has been milking out police brutality, not race crimes (well, they've been milking that one too, but I digress). It's textbook racism, and there's no arguing that. While the common definition of racism may be hating one race over another, the true definition is as follows:

the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Therefore, simply liking one race over another due to one reason or another is racism as well, according to the textbook definition.

As I said, racism happened, ensued by racists thinking they aren't being racist, thus leading to more racism.

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

I do not. I am only relaying information that I became aware of today. However, I would like to point out one thing.

realenemysplash.jpg

He has a f**king point. No one can deny it.

I'm honestly not making the connection between the two but I do happen to agree with the second statement.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Yeah no.

Guy was being arrested by police for having an illegal knife, ran, got tackled, throw in a van, and at some point between being tackled and after being the in van he suffered vertebra damage that killed him.

You're able to own an illegal knife in the US? "Mister, this blade is two inches too long, you better should have bought a gun"

He was taken into custody for running away from police in a "High risk area"

He didn't actually do anything wrong accept run away

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

The sentence you are referring to has no indication as to what color of skin I am implying. I said that the media has been milking out police brutality, not race crimes (well, they've been milking that one too, but I digress). It's textbook racism, and there's no arguing that. While the common definition of racism may be hating one race over another, the true definition is as follows:

Therefore, simply liking one race over another due to one reason or another is racism as well, according to the textbook definition.

As I said, racism happened, ensued by racists thinking they aren't being racist, thus leading to more racism.

So the blacks are racists for being brutalized and shot mostly by white cops? Or for making a big deal about it? Oh maybe you mean that they're racist for thinking the police racially targets blacks and has in "the past" shot them, only the past we're talking about it's just a few weeks ago.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'm honestly not making the connection between the two but I do happen to agree with the second statement.

My point is that the police in general, have been trained to view the american public as enemies.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=department+of+homeland+defense+instructs+police+to+regard+americans+as+enemies

They are preparing for citizen uprising. Ask yourself why the Department of Homeland Defense has bought billions of rounds of ammunition, so much so that there has been an ammo shortage as of late. Why? Because, according to regulations, ammunition manufacturers must fulfill government requests for ammunition before that of civilians, or else lose their licenses.

And yes, some of the websites listing these reports might be "tinfoil hat" sites, but at this point, I trust them as much, if not more than the bullshit in the "legitimate" media.

So the blacks are racists for being brutalized and shot mostly by white cops? Or for making a big deal about it? Oh maybe you mean that they're racist for thinking the police racially targets blacks and has in "the past" shot them, only the past we're talking about it's just a few weeks ago.

No, a majority of them are racist for freaking the fuck out and rioting/looting/pillaging for no reason other than the fact that white cops were involved. I agree with some of the rioters, just not the bandwagon rioters who chose to participate for no reason other than it was a police brutality case involving white officers.