Prolly a build log (sort of)

I've been working on a build for a little while now on and off. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with it, so I guess we'll see when it gets there.

Current Specs:

Case:Corsair Air 540

Motherboard: ASRock Z87 OC Formula

CPU: Intel I7 4790k

Cooler: Corsair H100i

Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance ddr3

Video: 2-way sli Evga gtx 970 sc

Power: Corsair AX1200

Storage: pny 240gb ssd, 600gb raid 0 array, 1tb seagate drive

mods I hope to complete:

• Sleeved cables 
  • Make a plate to cover lower hard drive bays and cable management holes
  • Custom liquid cooling(not sure if I really want to but I don't like the look of the h100i)
  • New case fans(probably the sp140 and 120s)
  • If no waterblocks get backplates for gpus
  • Maybe some paint?

I did get the 12v pci-e cables sleeved in the color scheme I've come up with so far( black/dark gray // a lightish blue // gold/yellow)

I'll be working on the rest of the cables while I have some time off through the week.

Please excuse the shotty phone pics and junk cable management for now, I'm just using some velcro to hold things until I can get all of the cables done to do them properly.

post-210847-0-13112700-1430803132_thumb.

post-210847-0-46196700-1430803230_thumb.

post-210847-0-00172800-1430803317_thumb.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

Wow, that color scheme is actually pretty good :) Good luck with your build :) followed

This is very nicely pulled off for a build with gold! Maybe put some vinyl carbon wrap on that hardrive sticker? It kinda disrupts the color scheme.

junker build in the making

Thanks, I was fairly hesitant when I started with this board. I was thinking the same thing about the gold, like "what the hell do you do with this gold/brass color". After going back and forth with the decision to paint the thing, I decided to just go with the gold. After seeing the sleeving, I feel like I may be able to pull something off with it. Maybe not what I had in mind but not as bad as I had feared.

Current gaming build: Link to PcPartPicker

Thanks, I was fairly hesitant when I started with this board. I was thinking the same thing about the gold, like "what the hell do you do with this gold/brass color". After going back and forth with the decision to paint the thing, I decided to just go with the gold. After seeing the sleeving, I feel like I may be able to pull something off with it. Maybe not what I had in mind but not as bad as I had feared.

Really dude, that scheme is amazing :) just do something about that HDD, maybe get some matching fans and that is going to be a kick-ass build :)