Is 500 watts going to be enough?

I'm planning a build for my friend. Here's where we are: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KPvf4D

I'm not entirely sure if the 500 watt is going to be enough, if it isn't will 520 be enough or would it be better to go for 600?

I would have upp sized that to 750watt 

Intel 5930k@4.5Ghz, EVGA SC GTX 980Sli, Asus x99 Deluxe, 16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4, Evga 850 Gold, 2x Samsung 850Evo Raid0 WD Black 2TB,  Custom Watercooled

its enough

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

500 is plenty, as long as you don't plan on crossfire in the future

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

600 watts would be the safe zone to be honest. the build already takes up 423 watts. it'll be much quieter since the psu has more headroom

also to take note you're motherboard would need a bios update (need a processor compatible or a usb and another computer) in order for it to work with the processor.

I would have upp sized that to 750watt 

No, its more than enough. The rig in my sig doesn't even pull over 350-400 watts at full load, and that's with the GPU OCed to the max as well

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

500 is plenty, as long as you don't plan on crossfire in the future

Only one PCI x16 slot :P Thanks

600 watts would be the safe zone to be honest. the build already takes up 423 watts. it'll be much quieter since the psu has more headroom

also to take note you're motherboard would need a bios update (need a processor compatible or a usb and another computer) in order for it to work with the processor.

http://www.gigabyte.com/support-downloads/cpu-support-popup.aspx?pid=5174

I checked, no worries

I'm planning a build for my friend. Here's where we are: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/KPvf4D

I'm not entirely sure if the 500 watt is going to be enough, if it isn't will 520 be enough or would it be better to go for 600?

It'll definitely be enough but I'd spend a bit more to get a higher quality PSU then Corsair CX.

"Rawr XD"

My GF has a HD 7970(AKA 280x) on a Rosewill Capstone 550. Which is a really solid 550w PSU.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-power-supply-capstone550

I'm not sure about that one you have selected there, the Corsair CX is not known for it's quality.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

CX isn't super high quality, but its not bad. And if you don't plan to overclock much (can't OC your CPU anyways) it will be fine. 

it will be plenty but if you what to upgrade to sli maby a 750wat power supply

IAN :o

It'll definitely be enough but I'd spend a bit more to get a higher quality PSU then Corsair CX.

My GF has a HD 7970(AKA 280x) on a Rosewill Capstone 550. Which is a really solid 550w PSU. I'm not sure about that one you have selected there, the Corsair CX is not known for it's quality.

I know this but it took a lot of convincing him to get him to atleast this quality which is the lowest I'd recommend. If it were me I'd get him a seasonic S12II for $10-12 more. Maybe if another quality psu drops in price close enough to the CX or 500B I can convince him to spend the little extra

it will be plenty but if you what to upgrade to sli maby a 750wat power supply

You mean crossfire? (AMD Card) I wouldn't worry about that, there's only one Pci x16 slot on the mobo I chose for him. He isn't techy. He told me he just wants it to work good now and last him years down for cheap and good appearance 

I know this but it took a lot of convincing him to get him to atleast this quality which is the lowest I'd recommend. If it were me I'd get him a seasonic S12II for $10-12 more. Maybe if another quality psu drops in price close enough to the CX or 500B I can convince him to spend the little extra

Might wanna show him this then 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj8-wNmYJvM

"Rawr XD"

be fine, only if you don't xfire

Star Citizen referral codes, to help support your fellow comrades!
UOLTT Discord server, come on over and chat!

i7 4790k/ Bequiet Pure Rock/Asrock h97 PRO4/ 8 GB Crucial TT/ Corsair RM 750/ H-440 Custom/  PNY GT 610

Damn you're like a modular human being. -ThatCoolBlueKidd

You mean crossfire? (AMD Card) I wouldn't worry about that, there's only one Pci x16 slot on the mobo I chose for him. He isn't techy. He told me he just wants it to work good now and last him years down for cheap and good appearance 

there preety much the same thing besides the cross over cable i dont really like amd so i really dont know much about it

IAN :o

We've got a 4690 and an R9 290 on a 600 watt power supply.   

... for whatever that's worth knowing. 

We've got a 4690 and an R9 290 on a 600 watt power supply.   

... for whatever that's worth knowing. 

The 290 is a bit more power hungry, so I get the 600 watts in that case