If razee blackwidow chroma is my only option.. anything i should know?

shorbagy
Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

thank you everyone , I will get the extended warranty

However i want to know what are the issues In the black widow at the time :) i read that it's software might be buggy and sometimes it double clicks keys like (hhi evveryonne) this.. :/

Software is pretty mediocre, the build quality is fairly poor, and it is way, way overpriced. It uses Kailh switches - knock offs of Cherry switches - and they don't feel as solid, at least to me, as Cherry switches do and they aren't made to the same standard as Cherry switches which are built in Germany and are very high quality.

Hello :) I am still a membrane keyboard user

and I would like to get a mechanical keyboard however my only option is razer blackwidow chroma because I live in Egypt and i got no other valid options here

is there any issues or anything I should know like giant problems??

i prefer corsair because i know the build quality and so on but the only option which is much more expensive than black widow in Egypt is k95 Non rgb cherry mx red one which i heard has LED burning out issues..

please i need help from current blackwidow users or k95 users given that blackwidow will be chroma and k95 will be "white" LED .. tbh i do not believe white is a colour that gives any vibe.. its like a non backlit keyboard for me xD then again what do i know all i know is from the pictures

sorry for my bad English it's my third language :)

your English is better then some native English speakers. Honestly its kinda like apple, its nice, but expensive. I tried one out in the store, and its my favorite switch out of the keyboards they had there. 

people are going to complain about the switch maker, because its not cherry, but in reality you should be fine unless you want to keep the keyboard for over 15 years

Razer does occasionally have quality control problems (parts dying prematurely), but overall they make really nice stuff.  If you like the switch type of the black widow chroma, go for it!  

i7 4790k @4.7 | GTX 1070 Strix | Z97 Sabertooth | 32GB  DDR3 2400 mhz | Intel 750 SSD | Define R5 | Corsair K70 | Steel Series Rival | XB271, 1440p, IPS, 165hz | 5.1 Surround
PC Build

Desk Build

Hello :) I am still a membrane keyboard user

and I would like to get a mechanical keyboard however my only option is razer blackwidow chroma because I live in Egypt and i got no other valid options here

is there any issues or anything I should know like giant problems??

i prefer corsair because i know the build quality and so on but the only option which is much more expensive than black widow in Egypt is k95 Non rgb cherry mx red one which i heard has LED burning out issues..

please i need help from current blackwidow users or k95 users given that blackwidow will be chroma and k95 will be "white" LED .. tbh i do not believe white is a colour that gives any vibe.. its like a non backlit keyboard for me xD then again what do i know all i know is from the pictures

sorry for my bad English it's my third language :)

Your English is quite excellent! I'll try to speak as clearly as I can :)

I don't really like Razer mostly for their pricing and their build quality. If the Blackwidow is your only option then I would recommend buying an extended warranty so that, in case it fails, you can return it and get your money back for a longer than normal given amount of time.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

However i want to know what are the issues In the black widow at the time :) i read that it's software might be buggy and sometimes it double clicks keys like (hhi evveryonne) this.. :/

Software is pretty mediocre, the build quality is fairly poor, and it is way, way overpriced. It uses Kailh switches - knock offs of Cherry switches - and they don't feel as solid, at least to me, as Cherry switches do and they aren't made to the same standard as Cherry switches which are built in Germany and are very high quality.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

So is k95 non rgb red switchrs which is more expensive a better choice ?? :/

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/reviews/B00CERXJNW/ref=mw_dp_cr?qid=1430775690&sr=8-1

amazon k95 reviews.. only 3.7 stars and lots of dead LED issues.. :( seems I'm stuck with razer despite all the flaws i know are there.. thank you everyone :) but for anyone who wants the best answer it will be @STRMfrmXMN's answer Thank you all for your time and effort :)

seems I'll have to live with razer xD