Would you guys recommend the Swiftech H240-X?

Go to solution Solved by Whorax,

since you're looking at 280 kits, the nzxt x61, corsair h110/110i GT.

i would lean to the h110 with the no frills software schtick or the h105 240 kit.

sealed AiO?

kraken X61 or H110iGT for 280mm

H100iGTX or H105 for 240mm

Thanks guys.

Going directly against what I just said in my OP, I honestly might just go with a Hyper 212 EVO or Cryorig H7 since they're pretty damn cheap and I'll explore custom loop options in the future when I can afford it. Looks like a fun little project to embark on.

Much appreciated!

Thinking about grabbing this in the coming weeks once finals are over, just wanted to hear what you all thought about it.

It'll be my first liquid cooling experience, so is there any sort of special maintenance I would need to do since it's not the typical AIO? It looks neat because it appears there's room for expanding into a loop to hit the GPU, which I think might be practical in the future if I ever want to go that route. Plus it looks really neat in my opinion. I might slap some Noctua IndustrialPPC NF-A14 fans onto the radiator if that's possible since Noctua seems to have the best fans and those IndustrialPPC ones look miles better than that terrible looking cream and brown color combination, haha.

Looking to water cool as opposed to buying something like a Cryorig R1 or NH-D15 because I don't want a big hulking heatsink on my motherboard when I transport it between my apartment and home when school time comes and goes, I'll have RAM clearance issues, and I don't want to block the PCI-E x1 slot on my motherboard with an air cooler.

Just like to know what you all think of this thing before I pull the trigger on it.

Thanks. :)

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

i would say no.

for the fact of transportation, the swifties have had issues with air in the system

and bleeding it out. if you're transporting, this will deffo be an issue.

i would say no.

for the fact of transportation, the swifties have had issues with air in the system

and bleeding it out. if you're transporting, this will deffo be an issue.

Hm, well shoot. I'll only be transporting twice a year, but if a problem is possible I'd rather not have a higher chance of encountering one. Anything else you'd recommend?

Привет товарищ ))))

No, I have seen too many people have noise/leaking problems with it

If you plan to make a custom loop in the future, save up and invest in a good quality WC kit from EKWB or XSPC

If not, buy a 100% sealed AiO

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

No, I have seen too many people have noise/leaking problems with it

If you plan to make a custom loop in the future, save up and invest in a good quality WC kit from EKWB or XSPC

If not, buy a 100% sealed AiO

Okay, thanks. Any specific one you'd recommend?

Привет товарищ ))))

i would lean to the h110 with the no frills software schtick or the h105 240 kit.

Okay, thanks. Any specific one you'd recommend?

sealed AiO?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

sealed AiO?

Thanks guys.

Going directly against what I just said in my OP, I honestly might just go with a Hyper 212 EVO or Cryorig H7 since they're pretty damn cheap and I'll explore custom loop options in the future when I can afford it. Looks like a fun little project to embark on.

Much appreciated!

Привет товарищ ))))

Thanks guys.

Going directly against what I just said in my OP, I honestly might just go with a Hyper 212 EVO or Cryorig H5 since they're pretty damn cheap and I'll explore custom loop options in the future when I can afford it. Looks like a fun little project to embark on.

Much appreciated!

That sounds like a good idea :)

cheap air cooler for now, and save up for a kit in the future

good luck!

Spoiler

this may be too late but  DO NOT BUY SWIFTECH (personal experience) they have FREAKING PUMP PROBLEMS 

CPU: I5 7400 | Motherboard: MSI H110M  | RAM: 16GB G-Skill 2400mhz  | GPU:  NVIDIA  MSI Gaming 4G GTX 970 | Case: Tecware Quad | Cooling: Stock| Storage: Kingston 120gb SSD, 1TB Drive ,  | PSU: Seasonic 620 Watt 80+ Bronze Full Modular | Display: Devant 50 Inch Smart TV   |