PNY GTX 970 vs SSC EVGA GTX 970...

There are some PNY GTX 970's left at my local TigerDirect store going for $310 USD as apart of a sale they're having right now. I was wondering if I should get the PNY 970 at my TigerDirect instead of the EVGA 970 SSC, the one I planned on getting. 

My Questions:

1. Would there be any benefits of getting one video card over the other, such as cooling or performance?

2. Should I save the $20 and just get the PNY card?

3: Do you guys recommend any other 970's that might be better than ones I talked about?

CPU: Intel i5-4590  ll CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo ll  Mobo:  Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7  ll  RAM: 4x4GB (16GB) Corsair Vengance  ll GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ll PSU: EVGA NEX650 G1 80+ Gold ll Storage:  Segate 7200PRM 1TB HDD , MX100 256GB SSD ll Case: CM Storm Scout 2 Advanced w/ modded window ll  Display: Insignia 22' 1080p Tv ll  Speakers: Logitch Z313 w/ subwoofer  ll Keyboard: Logitec G910 ll  Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Have you looked into Gigabyte G1 or Msi Gaming 4G?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Out of those two I'd get the EVGA SSC 970.

The G1 Gaming 970 from Gigabyte is objectively the best 970 but it costs a bit more than the others.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

The PNY is a reference cooler. It works much worse than the cards with fans. Get the EVGA or some other non-reference brand.

The PNY is a reference cooler. It works much worse than the cards with fans. Get the EVGA or some other non-reference brand.

Not if you plan on SLI'ing. Blower cards are better for that.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

The PNY one is reference unlike the other ones. In the EVGA, ASUS, Gigabyte, etc. models they change the graphics card and make it much better. So the obvious choice is SSC EVGA but the G1 is the best overall in my opinion.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

between the two, i would get the EVGA.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

@dave_LeBoss

Definitely the EVGA's SSC as the after market support is great and up until the 15th of May you are supposed to get a free backplate but take a look into Gigabyte's G1 too.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Wow.. the responses in here are insane lol.

PNY is an Nvidia partner, who makes reference designs.  They're the only manufacture I know who is allowed to make Quadro cards.  The PNY is just fine, and even better if you plan on SLI in the future, or if you have bad airflow in your case due to the blower fan.

Non-reference designs are not inherently better.  They can be better, and they often are better, but not inherently.  It depends on the situation.  If you're worried about the performance of one mid-high end card, the reference is honestly just fine, and the difference between the EVGA is going to be negligible.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k   GPU: MSI GTX 960 OC   PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt   Mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White   RAM: HyperX Fury 8Gb   SSD: Intel 730 240Gb   HDD: WD Black 1Tb   Cooler: Phanteks TC12DX   Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000   Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3   Monitor: Acer IPS 24" (x2)

He asked about an EVGA and a PNY.  I don't know why people insist on constantly telling people to go with options outside of what they asked advice on.  Back plates don't help performance, they just look cool.  And they do help the card sag less, but again.. not really a performance issue, mainly cosmetic.  So if you want to spend an extra $20 on a back plate that looks cool, that's up to you. (and, I spent extra on a back plate, so I'm not hating on it lol, I'm just being honest.. it's like spending more on a black pcb).

CPU: Intel i5 4690k   GPU: MSI GTX 960 OC   PSU: Seasonic 750 Watt   Mobo: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition   Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro White   RAM: HyperX Fury 8Gb   SSD: Intel 730 240Gb   HDD: WD Black 1Tb   Cooler: Phanteks TC12DX   Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000   Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3   Monitor: Acer IPS 24" (x2)

Do what you think is best...

I've heard some bad things about PNY but that was in forum posts from 5 years ago and as Joey mentioned, PNY is one of the few partners that can make Nvidia's workstation cards so I'd be more than happy to trust them.

Based on what I've seen over at hardforum PNY's card seems to be okay, at least that's what this post seems to say.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1041129765&postcount=25

It comes down to which one you like really.