Still can't choose between the DT990 and DT770

Mokad

i have been researching both for about a week now, but cant decide. i mainly just play games and listen to a bit of edm (dance house trap etc)

i will be streaming regularly, and the only thing i'm worried about is the open headphones letting in noise from my case fans

if i buy either i will probably go with the 250 ohm pros

any input will be appreciated thanks

I wouldn't worry about constant noise such as case fans with open headphones - what you're listening to should easily allow your brain to ignore a constant drone.

I wouldn't worry about constant noise such as case fans with open headphones - what you're listening to should easily allow your brain to ignore a constant drone.

what about the type of music i like? edm, would it sound better on dt770 or dt990? songs like this 

(listen to part at 0:50)

what about the type of music i like? edm, would it sound better on dt770 or dt990? songs like this 

(listen to part at 0:50)

Better by what standard? Some people may prefer the 770 but some others may prefer the 990.

Personally I vote for the 990 because open headphones are nice.

Better by what standard? Some people may prefer the 770 but some others may prefer the 990.

Personally I vote for the 990 because open headphones are nice.

what about comfort and clampforce?

Well, to keep everything realistic, nobody here can give you a 'sure shot' answer.

What we, and everybody can do is to narrow down the list, and leave out the atrocious ones (like beats). As to which one is the best for you, that can be answered by you yourself. 

Think of it this way: I like fast food, burger, etc, etc. Now I've narrowed down to either a big mac, and a big whopper. Which one suits me the best? 

I own DT770s (and MTH-50x as my pair of headphones) and they are a great choice for EDM music. The DT770s are bass-centric headphones given the closed design. I used them for four years listening to dubstep, glitch hop and deep house and they served me well. As with all closed designs they lack good sound stage but they are my recommendation for EDM music for under $250.

"Pass the Potatoes." - Richard Dawkins

I own DT770s (and MTH-50x as my pair of headphones) and they are a great choice for EDM music. The DT770s are bass-centric headphones given the closed design. I used them for four years listening to dubstep, glitch hop and deep house and they served me well. As with all closed designs they lack good sound stage but they are my recommendation for EDM music for under $250.

I agree with this 100% I have the DT770 250 Ohms version being used with a Xonar Essence STX and they're amazing for EDM.