High Ping ONLY When Playing CS:GO

Hey, I am new to the forums so bare with me. I have been playing CS:GO for a while and I have noticed that when I get on a competitive match my ping always rises to about a constant 160-170ms ping. This ONLY happens when playing CS:GO. I have tried changing the max ping matchmaking to 50, I have tried closing everything while playing and doing ipconfig /release / ipconfig /renew. Sometimes my ping lowers but then I get a huge spike to like 200 for 1 second and then it lowers to 30 every once in a while. When I play on community servers closer to me I am playing 23ms but then rises up to 140ms for about 1 second and goes back to 20ms. I don't really know what's happening but I'd like to see if there's a fix to it. 

PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX-8350

GPU: NVIDIA GTX 980 Superclocked

MOBO: MSI 970 AM3+

RAM: 8gb DDR3-1333 Mhz

HDD: Hitachi 1TB (Used From Old Computer)

PSU: Corsair 750w Power Supply

OTHER: Asus PCE-N53 PCI-E Adapter Dual-Band Wireless-N600

Not sure if this helps but it would be great if I got an answer! I kept searching for hours and never found a fix, Cheers! Oh, and if it helps I play wireless, not ethernet.

tldr but you should set maxping to like 100 and then it will only connect to servers who have a ping of 100 or less.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Probably dues to other peoples connection too.
If it just spikes for a second I wouldn't worry about it.
I don't experience this though.

Do you have any other programs open that could be hogging your bandwidth or anything?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

tldr but you should set maxping to like 100 and then it will only connect to servers who have a ping of 100 or less.

I'll see if that works...

Probably dues to other peoples connection too.

If it just spikes for a second I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't experience this though.

Do you have any other programs open that could be hogging your bandwidth or anything?

My brother usually plays Dota 2 or CS:GO while I'm playing but I never play with him. He never has programs on while playing.

My brother usually plays Dota 2 or CS:GO while I'm playing but I never play with him. He never has programs on while playing.

If you are playing on the same network then this could be the cause, you wouldn't have to be in the same match or even playing the same game for it to cause these spikes.

Also are you using wired or wireless mate?

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

If you are playing on the same network then this could be the cause, you wouldn't have to be in the same match or even playing the same game for it to cause these spikes.

Also are you using wired or wireless mate?

I play wireless, but even when my brother isn't on I SOMETIMES get high ping, Should I try ethernet and see if that works?

I play wireless, but even when my brother isn't on I SOMETIMES get high ping, Should I try ethernet and see if that works?

Ethernet all the way mate for sure.

Ethernet all the way mate for sure.

I'd like to know, what are the advantages of having ethernet?

it's a solid connection. Theres no escape for the data inside it.

Imagine having 100 jelly beans (bare with me here) and standing 20ft away from your router and trying to throw all of them to your router...some of them are going to get lost right?

now imagine a tube going from the router to you 20 ft away..every jelly bean would make it to the router....

the tube being the Ethernet cable and the data being the jelly beans....I feel like I need an award for the worst metaphor ever..but you get my point right?

it's a solid connection. Theres no escape for the data inside it.

Imagine having 100 jelly beans (bare with me here) and standing 20ft away from your router and trying to throw all of them to your router...some of them are going to get lost right?

now imagine a tube going from the router to you 20 ft away..every jelly bean would make it to the router....

the tube being the Ethernet cable and the data being the jelly beans....I feel like I need an award for the worst metaphor ever..but you get my point right?

I do, so basically I'm getting all the connection I need?

I do, so basically I'm getting all the connection I need?

Yep, an Ethernet has pretty much no data loss.

Personally I would never game wireless and  a lot of people on here wouldn't to. It's just so inconsistent.

Switch to Ethernet and you will have a much better experience. It's rock solid and you will never go back :P

What router do you have and how far away from you is it? What bandwidth? If you have a low speed adsl network then Ethernet cable will help, if that's not practical then a powerline adapter would be preferable over wireless. Your wireless adapter supports dual band but if you've an old router it won't be doing much good.

And have you tried re downloading?

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

What router do you have and how far away from you is it? What bandwidth? If you have a low speed adsl network then Ethernet cable will help, if that's not practical then a powerline adapter would be preferable over wireless. Your wireless adapter supports dual band but if you've an old router it won't be doing much good.

And have you tried re downloading?

Not sure how to find out my bandwidth... and no, haven't tried re-installing.

Try using Wtfast.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

What do you mean this only happens with CS:GO? To what other servers have you been testing for latency fluctuations?

Not sure how to find out my bandwidth... and no, haven't tried re-installing.

I mean what is your broadband "speed" in Mbps.

If you've tried all else just download it again and see if that helps somehow.

I5 3570K, MSI Z77A G45, 8GB 2133MHz Gskill Ripjaws, MSI TwinFrozr GTX 780, Samsung 840 Evo SSD, WD Green 1TB HDD, OCZ 750 Watt PSU, Zalman Z11+ 

I used to play on wireless as well, literally every single one of my problems disappeared when I started using a Ethernet cable instead. Its really worth it.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

I know for League of Legends there's a way to check for packet loss (basically bad connection route choosing which is why services like WTFast work, sometimes) Maybe you could find a packet analyzer for CS:GO

EDIT: For the love of god use Ethernet. My Swedish friend went from 2down/.5up on wireless to 50down/15up on wired

(It's that AMD CPU scrub can't game on AMD buy Intel)

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)