Newbie wanting to start 3D modeling

Go to solution Solved by crystal6tak,

You might be able to score a free full version of 3ds Max by proving you are a student here. I got my license a year back with that.

As to tutorials, if you do start with 3ds Max (which I recommend), thenewboston has a decent beginner guide. You should find plenty of other 3ds Max tutorial on youtube just by searching around.

Hi, I've been interested in 3 modeling lately and want to learn but like everything else that you can do on a computer there's so many options to choose from. Would blender be a good place to start? If yes any tips or good tutorials that might help? If not could you recommend any other programs?

Thanks

sketchup is nice

blender is good too, also free

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

SketchUp for really basic stuff, 

Blender, its free

3DS Max, its free if you are a student

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

You might be able to score a free full version of 3ds Max by proving you are a student here. I got my license a year back with that.

As to tutorials, if you do start with 3ds Max (which I recommend), thenewboston has a decent beginner guide. You should find plenty of other 3ds Max tutorial on youtube just by searching around.

Blender is okay, but I find that it's hard to do anything very quickly in it (might just be me). If you're a student, you can get a free copy of the student version of 3DS max, which is a lot more versatile and advanced than blender. 

I personally use Cinema 4D (C4D) as I find that I can work quickly in it and subdivision surface modelling is very efficient in it. Only trouble is that it's very expensive, so I may not use a particularly legitimate copy of it, as I can't justify spending that much on something that isn't my profession. For some bizarre reason, they still don't have a GPU renderer built in, so you'd have to use the CPU to render the scenes, or spend a ridiculous amount of money for an add-on. 

I would highly recommend C4D as there's tones of tutorials for it, from the very basics to very complicated stuff. 

This is something that I'm messing around with right now, and I haven't got very much experience modelling at all:

9AWYr7i.png

QkyA2lV.png

I think I'm going to try it out. Thank you very much!

Blender is okay, but I find that it's hard to do anything very quickly in it (might just be me). If you're a student, you can get a free copy of the student version of 3DS max, which is a lot more versatile and advanced than blender. 

I personally use Cinema 4D (C4D) as I find that I can work quickly in it and subdivision surface modelling is very efficient in it. Only trouble is that it's very expensive, so I may not use a particularly legitimate copy of it, as I can't justify spending that much on something that isn't my profession. For some bizarre reason, they still don't have a GPU renderer built in, so you'd have to use the CPU to render the scenes, or spend a ridiculous amount of money for an add-on. 

I would highly recommend C4D as there's tones of tutorials for it, from the very basics to very complicated stuff. 

This is something that I'm messing around with right now, and I haven't got very much experience modelling at all:

9AWYr7i.png

QkyA2lV.png

Although, I, myself, sometimes do use some dubious software, I think this time around I'm going to try and use some legitimate copies of software but thanks anyways!

SketchUp for really basic stuff, 

Blender, its free

3DS Max, its free if you are a student

I am a student so I think I'm going to try 3ds max because never refuse free stuff right. xD

personaly uses c4d for the modeling and 3ds max for sick effects on my edits thats it

Hi, I've been interested in 3 modeling lately and want to learn but like everything else that you can do on a computer there's so many options to choose from. Would blender be a good place to start? If yes any tips or good tutorials that might help? If not could you recommend any other programs?

Thanks

Im scared.. Its cold.. Please i dont want to be deleted.. I wanna sing!

personaly uses c4d for the modeling and 3ds max for sick effects on my edits thats it

Sadly I don`t have the money to spend on software but if I do I will definitely try it out. Thanks

Sadly I don`t have the money to spend on software but if I do I will definitely try it out. Thanks

for everything there is a crack ;)

Im scared.. Its cold.. Please i dont want to be deleted.. I wanna sing!