Have you gotten tired of gaming?

It seems like I have growing bored with all the games that have been coming out recently and have been gaming less and less as time goes on. Has that been happening to anyone else recently?

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

It seems like I have growing bored with all the games that have been coming out recently and have been gaming less and less as time goes on. Has that been happening to anyone else recently?

it happens sometimes, but thats why i have lots of other hobbies to keep me busy, 

Or.. how about trying a new genre maybe something you have never considered before? or maybe pick up something old that you never got to try

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Between high school i had a year off. All i did was work a few days a  week and play video games. Fuck that was boring. So yes i have gotten tired of gaming. I dont actually play that many games anymore. If i do i will play for a couple of rounds and then drop out. The only games that I really sink long continues hours are RPGs. Waiting for bravely second to come out and sink another 150 hours into that game like I did bravely default.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

yea. im mostly on ltt or just browsing some stuff on the internet compared to back when i used to game a lot more. i got into skyrim again and with mods it can give me a good amount of playtime. i also play chivalry atm but these are really the only 2 games i play these days

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Unfortunately, yes. I think I am slowly growing up and away from gaming. Just ~1 year ago, I was super excited about coming home and playing Skyrim, CoD or some other game. Now, it is just meh.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

Unfortunately, yes. I think I am slowly growing up and away from gaming. Just ~1 year ago, I was super excited about coming home and playing Skyrim, CoD or some other game. Now, it is just meh.

i thought i would be a hardcore gamer forever :P. i also thought this only a couple years ago. and now, i barely game lol

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

Nope I love gaming it's the only me time I get :)

i thought i would be a hardcore gamer forever :P. i also thought this only a couple years ago. and now, i barely game lol

I still game alot, I just don't get the same experience as one year ago, and it might lead to not playing any games in the future :/

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise

I try and avoid games with shooting as much as I possibly can. It just seems it's ubiquitous and it's not really getting any fresher. Some games I want to play purely for the story or the atmosphere, the setting etc. even though they involve a lot of shooting, so I try and avoid pure shooters and anything with shooting that I don't want specifically to play for any really good reason, and that's really not really difficult because shooting in and of itself is just a little boring to me.

For instance with GTA V they could cut all of the firefights to less than a quarter and make it a much much more enjoyable game for me. I just get the feeling that they're trivialising the violence by putting so much of it in to the actual gameplay and sometimes I don't think that's entirely accidental. A realistic game where you have the choice to shoot just one person throughout the whole thing I think would have about a hundred times the impact of anything that Rockstar are currently producing for the market (for all it's flaws I think the end of Deadly Premonition was one of the most impactful moments I've experienced in a game, just for the extent that it brought you into the experience). 

But for the most part I love the medium, it's just such a shame that there's so much financial risk and such huge amounts of effort involved in creating the things, especially for them to have really meaningful content.

Edit: Beyond Two Souls I thought was going to be really great (having absolutely loved Heavy Rain) but it was just super depressing. There's one instance in the game where it gives you the option to "Respond Optimistically" which I chose and Ellen Page delivered this very flat, maudlin response along the lines of "yeah I guess" or some such thing and that really kind of sums up the experience for me. I watched some of the "making of" for Beyond Two Souls and it seems that Cage was going through some kind of bereavement at the time that the game was made so maybe that's part of why it was ultimately kind of a really depressing experience for me? It's not one I've kept on my shelf. :0/

"I try to put good out into the world...that way I can believe it's out there." --CKN                  “How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.” --Wayne Dyer            

[Needs Updating] My PC: i5-10600K @TBD / 32GB DDR4 @4000MHz / Z490 AORUS Elite AC / Titan RTX / Samsung 1TB 960 Evo / EVGA SuperNova 850 T2

I've been getting tired of the mediocre-ness of games coming out lately. I mainly enjoy games for their story. I'm trying to like GTA online but....the people you encounter are just.....half are morons who don't listen and don't do things correctly, and the other half are assholes that quit if someone dies one time, even though you're RIGHT AT THE END OF THE FUCKING PACIFIC STANDARD HEIST >.<

*out of breath from anger*

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Yes of course.

But I get interested in gaming again when a gem like GTA V comes out.

Heck I have a steam account with 200+ Steam games, and I barely play games at all - I don't even play my AAA titles anymore to be honest. I only ever find myself playing games when my boyfriend or one of my friends want to, other than that I just sit on LTT's forums and youtube being bored :P

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Yea somehow the appeal has sort of left me for now , so I'm filling the void with binge watching anime. Perhaps I'll get that spark back in a little while , or whenever devs make games worth my precious time

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

Eh, not really. I don't pay attention to upcoming games anymore, but I still play games on a daily basis.                 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

It's off and on. I was in a bit of a slump, but then I gave the Witcher 2 a real try and have been hooked on that game. Also, GTA V PC is awesome, especially the fact that you level so much faster now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

It happens sometimes. Recently I went a few months without playing any games as there was nothing I really wanted to play. Then I got DAI & GTA V PC came out and I tried online and not stopped playing it.

Sometimes you need a "trigger game" to get you going again. Its definitely good having other hobbies.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

Yea somehow the appeal has sort of left me for now , so I'm filling the void with binge watching anime. Perhaps I'll get that spark back in a little while , or whenever devs make games worth my precious time

This is what I did during my slump, re-watched all of Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, GT and all the movies.

CPU - i7 8700K / Motherboard - ROG Strix Z370 E/ RAM - 32GB Cosair Vengeance DDR / GPU  - GTX 1080ti - EVGA FTW3 / PSU - Seasonic Snow Silent 750W / Cooling - Cryorig H7 Monitor - Acer X34 Predator / Sound - Corsair Void - Case - Meshify C

I'll go through periods where that's all I do with my spare time for a month or two. And then, I won't play anything for a month or two. 

It doesn't help that the game industry keeps releasing the same shit with a different name year after year;

Games that are more like interactive benchmarks than actual games.
Another FPS, yay
A zombie survival game with bad graphics and bugs....oh yeah gimme 5 more of those. 

Yes, I am. What keeps me playing is downloading more Battlefront 2 mods, new maps everyday!

I have 140+ games, two thirds of them I haven't even launched yet :/ Just got them on impulse while they were on offer (or got them free).

I've been playing on my Xbox One more often than I do on PC lately. I tried to play BF4 on PC the other day but it was disaster after another.

Plugin wouldn't work with chrome, tried several re-installs and still no go, eventually got it to work on IE, once in game it shut down and re-loaded a different map, then as soon as I got in that one there was immense lag.

My connection is fine (70/20) with average <20 ping over 300 mile distance (acording to speed test, tried different servers to verify).

It was just one thing after another, and I eventually gave up and fired up GTA V on the Xbox, lol.

Gaming/Folding rig: Coolermaster CM 690 II Advanced White | MSI Z77A-G43 | Intel Core i7 3770k @ 4.4GHz | 10GB G.Skill RAM | Nvidia GeForce GTX 780 | Samsung 840 Pro 128GB | Seagate 2TB | Seagate 2TB | WD Blue 640GB | Cogage Arrow (Passive) | Thermaltake Toughpower XT 675w | Windows 10 Pro

Photography

Basically all I have played in the last year on PC was The Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead season ,WoW (quit 5 months ago) and GTA V. I think I'm just over it general. I used to game all the time now it's rare for me :/

Edit: I also uninstalled Steam about 2 months back. Haven't looked back since. Shame given I have something like a 250 game library.

Case: Ncase M1 V5 Black CPU: Intel Core i5 12600 MB: AORUS Z690i RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX DDR4 SSD: WD SN770 500GB | WD SN750 250GB

Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65 GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra 8GB PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum Fans: Noctua NF-F12x 2 | Noctua NF-A9x14

same, watched 20+ anime series in the last 4 months and only played pokemon

I love playing Insurgency when I'm a bit bored :)

it happens sometimes, but thats why i have lots of other hobbies to keep me busy, 

Or.. how about trying a new genre maybe something you have never considered before? or maybe pick up something old that you never got to try

I tried your last point. My xbox and ps3 died at around the same time and I missed out on a good chunk of games between 2012 and now. I usually pick up those games when they're deeply discounted and give them a shot. Some of those games, despite being critically acclaimed, still felt boring to play (Bioshock Infinite was one of them. Awesome story, boring gameplay).

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I was in the same boat. I had amassed a ridiculous amount of games. Now I barely play. The only things I play now are games I could play with my friends on the couch, mostly Nintendo titles and fighting games.