Based on rumours what I should upgrade from FX-8350? (Skylake vs Zen)

Go to solution Solved by PlayModeOn,

But yea I think I'll just wait until Zen comes out. Thanks for the replies guys.

A Cooler Master TX3 could barely get it at 55 degrees Celsius, so I am just saving money and wait for an upgrade.

I wanted to also get a AIO 280mm so I don't want to buy a CPU cooler (even if its cheap) and then throw it away. Because I will be short on money by the end of the year.

Anyway i dont think its worth waiting for Skylake, it will have minimal improvement over Devil's Canyon, just get a 4690k or 4790K and youll be set for atleast 3 years no problem.

Anyway i dont think its worth waiting for Skylake, it will have minimal improvement over Devil's Canyon, just get a 4690k or 4790K and youll be set for atleast 3 years no problem.

I am actually more excited for the new Z110 motherboards that's why I kinda don't want to get a 4790K for Z97.

Most Z97 motherboard below the $200 range is not SLI-certified and does not use the latest Realtek ALC1150 integrated audio, most of them are ALC892.

I know we should not buy motherboard based on their audio solution but it is nice to have a half-decent one out of the box, my current motherboard uses an older Realtek audio built-in so it does not have a headphone amp so I had to use a external amp which is not really good. And yes I know integrated audio is not even near as good as a reasonable priced discrete audio. And maybe Z110 will have nice features.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

But yea I think I'll just wait until Zen comes out. Thanks for the replies guys.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

mow some lawns & offer to walk dogs and shit, or stop complaining. you came to ask for advice & help but every option you've just shot down.

money is not hard to obtain -_-

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

mow some lawns & offer to walk dogs and shit, or stop complaining. you came to ask for advice & help but every option you've just shot down.

money is not hard to obtain -_-

What are you talking about? It was either Skylake or Zen. A lot of people said wait for Zen to come out so we can compare the two CPUs so I did said I will wait for Zen.

you just said you're not going to buy anything because a better cooler is too expensive

it'd take you maybe two days of asking people around your neighborhood to do stuff for spare cash,

i could make 100$ in a day just biking up and down my street asking for tasks..

Abigail: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.5GHz 1.170v / EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti Classified  / ASRock Z97 Extreme6 / Corsair H110i GT / 4x4Gb G.Skill Ares 1866MHz @ CAS9 / Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD / Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM / NZXT H440 Blue / EVGA SuperNOVA 750w G2

Peripherals: BenQ XL2411z 24" 144hz 1080p / ASUS VG248QE 24" 144Hz 1080p / Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB / Logitech G502 / Sennheiser HD650 / Schiit Audio Modi 2 / Magni 2 / Blue Yeti Blackout

you just said you're not going to buy anything because a better cooler is too expensive

it'd take you maybe two days of asking people around your neighborhood to do stuff for spare cash,

i could make 100$ in a day just biking up and down my street asking for tasks..

Erm, see below.

Hyper 212 is $45 here lol.

I am on 100% money-saving mode - I must not spend anything lol.

At the moment I am only playing light games such as CSGO and Dirt 3 so I am not that concern about the throttling, I still get 100+ FPS.

2015 we'll get a lot of intense AAA games - Arkham Knight, Project Cars, Metal Gear Solid 5. I want to prepare my PC for those games starting in 2016.

Throttling does not bother me in the games I currently play. I will replace my CPU for 2016 because if I stick with FX-8350 on 2015-2016 AAA games I am screwed.

A Cooler Master TX3 could barely get it at 55 degrees Celsius, so I am just saving money and wait for an upgrade.

I wanted to also get a AIO 280mm so I don't want to buy a CPU cooler (even if its cheap) and then throw it away.

I am getting a better cooler. Water cooling.

You are literally telling me to waste money to buy a cooler that cost $30-45 that only improves 5 degrees (and it will still throttle) while I am also planning to get an AIO water cooler. No wonder why you need to do jobs for your neighbours.

how the f*** are you able to use your FX-8350 with your Stock cooler? when i had stock cooler, only seeing a video in youtube  or playing simple games or opening a lot of tabs with Chrome my computer was shutting down every second , i bought an Hyper 212 Evo and it's work now.

now its 30°c doing everything, when gaming is 40-53°C depending on the game

http://prntscr.com/6zx1wu

PD: I speak spanish, I know my english is shit  :lol:

I Speak Spanish And Italian my english isn't good because im learning italian , Excuse me!!

Runs FX 8350 on stock cooler and complains about throttling...

I'm running a 8320 on a stock cooler and I get 29-35C idle temps....highest temps are like 54C under full load(all 8 cores full load).

I'm running a 8320 on a stock cooler and I get 29-35C idle temps....highest temps are like 54C under full load(all 8 cores full load).

It is very hot here in Australia. FX-8350 runs significantly hotter than a FX-8320. Also my motherboard does not have enough power phases too that's why it is nice to upgrade some time.

54C under full load is already close to 60C which is the point where the FX-8350 would throttle, and remember you have a 8320 not 8350. There are YouTube videos and forum posts that shows their FX-8350 at around 55-60C with the stock cooler so I am experiencing the same thing as them.

@duriel

A cheap aftermarket cooler such as the Cooler Master TX3 and T4 does not improve it that much. There are reports that the T4 only improve it by 5C which is not worth the money considering hardware here in Australia is expensive. A Hyper 212X is almost $50 here. And for some reason you want me to run around the neighbourhood to get money for a stupid cooler that I am going to replace with a AIO waterloop soon after I get a new CPU+motherboard. I can live with the FX-8350 at the moment because I am only playing CSGO and older games.

I think AMD will not have their new CPU Zen throttle on a stock cooler, and Intel has always been fine with a stock cooler so I don't need to buy an aftermarket cooler for stock clock speed. I wanted to replace my CPU because it struggles at single-threaded performance, not because it is throttling.

And can you please don't reply because I already got the answer to my question. I'll wait for Zen.

It is very hot here in Australia. FX-8350 runs significantly hotter than a FX-8320. Also my motherboard does not have enough power phases too that's why it is nice to upgrade some time.

54C under full load is already close to 60C which is the point where the FX-8350 would throttle, and remember you have a 8320 not 8350. There are YouTube videos and forum posts that shows their FX-8350 at around 55-60C with the stock cooler so I am experiencing the same thing as them.

@duriel

A cheap aftermarket cooler such as the Cooler Master TX3 and T4 does not improve it that much. There are reports that the T4 only improve it by 5C which is not worth the money considering hardware here in Australia is expensive. A Hyper 212X is almost $50 here. And for some reason you want me to run around the neighbourhood to get money for a stupid cooler that I am going to replace with a AIO waterloop soon after I get a new CPU+motherboard. I can live with the FX-8350 at the moment because I am only playing CSGO and older games.

I think AMD will not have their new CPU Zen throttle on a stock cooler, and Intel has always been fine with a stock cooler so I don't need to buy an aftermarket cooler for stock clock speed. I wanted to replace my CPU because it struggles at single-threaded performance, not because it is throttling.

And can you please don't reply because I already got the answer to my question. I'll wait for Zen.

All you have to do is stop using AMD TurboCore that would spike up voltage and speed which will make temps increase.........

Just something that may or may not help your throttling problem.