Windows 7 USB mic auto mutes help please

DDOking
Go to solution Solved by ionbasa,

that is the only mic I have that still works I did have a turtle beach px 11 but the wire to the mic is broke somewhere. 

i've never had t he problem before with my current microphone.

As @STRMfrmXMN mentioned, I can help you with the blue screen issues. Follow the instructions here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354634-bsod-posting-instructions-please-read/

and post pack with the two zip files. Given that you had malware on the computer, there may be a link between the two.

As for your microphone, it is hard for me to know as I don't have the same mic as you, but I can try my best after looking through some of your issues.

so let me lay out the day for you got up did my normal stuff... checked my email, youtube, social media sites, and my forum sites all was fine then I blue screened.

then about 3 hours ago my computer decided that it wants to auto mute my microphone.

my microphone is a CAD U37 (USB 2.0 plug)

i'm running a windows 7 on a Dell XPS 8700

my full specs

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0KWVT8 (CPU 1)

Graphics
HP S2031 (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (NVIDIA)

Storage
1863GB ST2000DM001-1ER SCSI Disk Device (RAID)
931GB ATA ST31000524AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
1863GB Seagate Backup+ Desk USB Device (USB (SATA))

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GHB0N SCSI CdRom Device
hp DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I just got this last week was running fine till today when it blue screened on me I caught 3 trojans trying to get in and removed them from the system and a few minutes later the system blue screened on me.

Need help to figure out why it is auto muting the microphone (it done in on windows side and it just auto mutes it self after 1-5 seconds of turning it back on)

I've tried uninstalling the Driver and plugging the microphone back in and it worked for a bit but then it auto muted itself again.

any help would be great of you need more system specs let me know

so let me lay out the day for you got up did my normal stuff... checked my email, youtube, social media sites, and my forum sites all was fine then I blue screened.

then about 3 hours ago my computer decided that it wants to auto mute my microphone.

my microphone is a CAD U37 (USB 2.0 plug)

i'm running a windows 7 on a Dell XPS 8700

my full specs

Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology

RAM
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0KWVT8 (CPU 1)

Graphics
HP S2031 (1600x900@60Hz)
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti (NVIDIA)

Storage
1863GB ST2000DM001-1ER SCSI Disk Device (RAID)
931GB ATA ST31000524AS SCSI Disk Device (SATA)
1863GB Seagate Backup+ Desk USB Device (USB (SATA))

Optical Drives
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GHB0N SCSI CdRom Device
hp DVD A DH16ABSH SCSI CdRom Device

Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

I just got this last week was running fine till today when it blue screened on me I caught 3 trojans trying to get in and removed them from the system and a few minutes later the system blue screened on me.

Need help to figure out why it is auto muting the microphone (it done in on windows side and it just auto mutes it self after 1-5 seconds of turning it back on)

I've tried uninstalling the Driver and plugging the microphone back in and it worked for a bit but then it auto muted itself again.

any help would be great of you need more system specs let me know

I don't believe this belongs here. Either belongs in Audio or Troubleshooting. I'll shoot the mods a question to see if they can move it to the right place.

Have you tried any other mics and does it occur with them? Also, ask @ionbasa about BSODs as he can help you out quite a lot. Here's his thread on those http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354634-bsod-posting-instructions-please-read/

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I don't believe this belongs here. Either belongs in Audio or Troubleshooting. I'll shoot the mods a question to see if they can move it to the right place.

Have you tried any other mics and does it occur with them? Also, ask @ionbasa about BSODs as he can help you out quite a lot. Here's his thread on those http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354634-bsod-posting-instructions-please-read/

that is the only mic I have that still works I did have a turtle beach px 11 but the wire to the mic is broke somewhere. 

As @STRMfrmXMN mentioned, I can help you with the blue screen issues. Follow the instructions here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/354634-bsod-posting-instructions-please-read/

and post pack with the two zip files. Given that you had malware on the computer, there may be a link between the two.

As for your microphone, it is hard for me to know as I don't have the same mic as you, but I can try my best after looking through some of your issues.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

there was some root trojans that slipped past into the registry I ran a check and got them out and it fixed the problem thanks for the help