Looking for a new gaming mouse.

Hey everyone.

I'm new on this forum, nice too meet you all. :)

I am currently looking for a new mouse. The main purpose of this new peripheral will be gaming, first-person shooters in particular (CS:GO and L4D2 mostly) so I need a mouse with a good sensor that tracks each movement well.

I am currently using a Steelseries Rival and before I've owned a Razer Abyssus (the 2013 edition). Both of them still work just fine but I would like to try a different mouse model/shape.

My grip is a mix of palm and fingertip. The Razer Abyssus I had to replace because it's too small for my hand and I'm really not a claw grip'er.

I like my SS Rival but I've got some problems with tracking with it and I feel the shape could be a bit better.

Here's what I am looking for in a mouse:

- Simple ergonomic design (right handed guy here). I hate those kinds of mice that kinda look like "robots" like some of the Mad Catz models.

- Sensor must be optical. I've had laser mice before and they're not for my taste.

- Wired (don't like wireless). I'd like it to have a braided cable, since I've only had mice with regular "rubber" cables. Braided would go well with my keyboard which also have a braided cable.

- From 6.500dpi upwards please (even though I usually don't use more than 300/400 :P).

- Solid construction/quality.

- This isn't a must but I'd like it to have RGB lighting.

And I think that's it.

My budget is 70€ (euro) max.

Every suggestion will be taken into account, I still have a few days to decide.

I have the Razer Taipan and I think it's great mouse.

But I don't know how much it cost in euro.

I live in Portugal (Europe) and I plan on buying the product here, in some local or online store.

I have been considering the Razer Deathadder Chroma. I've had a Deathadder in my hand before (used one at a friend's house) and I really liked the shape of the mouse.

Plus, it meets pretty much all my requirements, braided cable, optical sensor, large and with a nice shape and RGB lighting.

Does it have decent build quality? How does the sensor perform when compared with other mice in the same price-point from other manufacturers?

@FoxLuxe Here are some of premium vendors. (in my view)

(Random order)

Roccat

Razer

Corsair

Mad catz

Logitech

midrange:

Steelseries

Thermaltake Tt eSports

CM Storm

Rapoo

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

I live in Portugal (Europe) and I plan on buying the product here, in some local or online store.

I have been considering the Razer Deathadder Chroma. I've had a Deathadder in my hand before (used one at a friend's house) and I really liked the shape of the mouse.

Plus, it meets pretty much all my requirements, braided cable, optical sensor, large and with a nice shape and RGB lighting.

Does it have decent build quality? How does the sensor perform when compared with other mice in the same price-point from other manufacturers?

The G502 is on sale ( If I can translate easily xD) http://www.fnac.pt/Logitech-Rato-Gaming-G502-Proteus-Core-Preto-Acessorio-Informatica-e-Tel-Rato/a807571?SID=5bff0497-ba39-3a89-7669-5058f966cd64&UID=03C3F252F-D43D-C33F-5AFE-843069A7BFA9&Origin=KKusta&OrderInSession=1&TTL=261020151759for 68 Euro.

My current build - Ever Changing.

Number 1 On LTT LGA 1150 CPU Cinebench R15

http://hwbot.org/users/TheGamingBarrel

Logitech G502? Not sure about the cable on it, but it is a very high quality product, and it has a "flawless" sensor.

That model got 11 buttons, I don't need more than 5 or 6.

I don't like it's design very much tbh, it looks a bit too "gamer" centered for me, I don't know.

The sensor is apparently laser instead of an optical one. I really prefer optical over laser (even though it goes up to 12.000 dpi which is impressive).

It looks like a good quality product but I don't think I would have like it in my hand.

I'm looking for something a little more simplistic, aesthetics wise.

@FoxLuxe Here are some of premium vendors. (in my view)

(Random order)

Roccat

Razer

Corsair

Mad catz

Logitech

midrange:

Steelseries

Thermaltake Tt eSports

CM Storm

Rapoo

Thank you for the share, I will keep that in mind.

What can you tell me about the Deathadder?

I've heard good things about Zowie mice aswell. Do they have any model for palm or fingertip grips?

Zowie mice.

That's correct. Fixed it. :P

I've just noticed that the Razer Deathadder Chroma is also on sale for a cheaper price today at Fnac, but the sale ends today apparently.

Does anyone with some experience with the Deathadder could tell me more about it, please?

I really like the shape.

@FoxLuxe the Deathadder looks like a very good pro mouse if u not in to the alien transformers style  :P I would go on that mouse if they had it here I really don't need that much hardware help for game I'm a noob 4ever :P so this mouse would be sweet upgrade not too flashy and pricy but has it all (I would go for the Razer DeathAdder eSports Edition as its white for my phantom 820) so.... go for it

sorry about my bad English hope u get me :P

When i'm not playing PC games i'm playing with my PC parts  Fans,Pumps,Filters,  :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

@FoxLuxe the Deathadder looks like a very good pro mouse if u not in to the alien transformers style   :P I would go on that mouse if they had it here I really don't need that much hardware help for game I'm a noob 4ever :P so this mouse would be sweet upgrade not too flashy and pricy but has it all (I would go for the Razer DeathAdder eSports Edition as its white for my phantom 820) so.... go for it

sorry about my bad English hope u get me :P

What do you mean with that?

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or honest about the mouse lol...

I've seen some complains from people saying that the mouse starts double-clicking after some time (it can be fixed apparently, but only temporarily).

Well, this is a bummer... can anybody confirm this?

That model got 11 buttons, I don't need more than 5 or 6.

I don't like it's design very much tbh, it looks a bit too "gamer" centered for me, I don't know.

The sensor is apparently laser instead of an optical one. I really prefer optical over laser (even though it goes up to 12.000 dpi which is impressive).

It looks like a good quality product but I don't think I would have like it in my hand.

I'm looking for something a little more simplistic, aesthetics wise.

Thank you for the share, I will keep that in mind.

What can you tell me about the Deathadder?

I've heard good things about Zowie mice aswell. Do they have any model for palm or fingertip grips?

The Deathadder's build quality is pretty "meh." Get something of better quality. Unfortunately there aren't too many RGB options out there.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Happy G502 owner, would recommend :)

Great sensor, great fit in the hand.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

The Deathadder's build quality is pretty "meh." Get something of better quality. Unfortunately there aren't too many RGB options out there.

If I forget about the RGB lights, which other options do I have up to 70 euro?

I love my Razer Taipan. Would recommend!

It's a bit too expensive here where I live, and I am not sure about the shape.

Happy G502 owner, would recommend :)

Great sensor, great fit in the hand.

I don't like the look of the mouse and apparently it's a better fit for claw grip'ers and I'm myself a palm grip'er (I have long hands).

If I forget about the RGB lights, which other options do I have up to 70 euro?

It's a bit too expensive here where I live, and I am not sure about the shape.

I don't like the look of the mouse and apparently it's a better fit for claw grip'ers and I'm myself a palm grip'er (I have long hands).

Like the Deathadder? Perhaps the ASUS ROG Gladius, though I don't know the exact cost in Euros. Steelseries Rival has some color options I believe. CM Storm Alcor works.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

A4Tech V8. Cheap and awesome. Using it right now.

Desktop: 

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x  | Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Aorus Pro AC | RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200MHz | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: ADATA Core Reactor 850W | Case: be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD: XPG M2 SX8200 Pro 512GB | SSD 2: Crucial MX500 500GB | Microphone: Blue Snowball iCE | Headphones: Corsair HS70 Wireless | Soundcard: Maya U5 5.1 | Speakers: Genius SP-HF1800A | Phone: Samsung Galaxy S10

Secondary Desktop:

CPU: Intel i7 4770k @stock | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: Asus Z97-PRO (Wi-Fi AC) | RAM: 2x8GB 1600MHz DDR3 | GPU: Asus GTX 1070 ROG Strix | PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W | Case: SilentiumPC Aquaris X70W | HDD: Samsung HD502HJ 500GB | SSD : Corsair Force LS 240GB

ASUS ZenBook Pro UX550VD:

CPU: i5-7300HQ | RAM: 8GB DDR4, 2400MHz | GPU: GTX 1050 + Intel HD Graphics 630 | Storage: 512GB M.2 SSD 

@FoxLuxe Truth man, shame that you found something wrong with quality control I would definitely want the Razer DeathAdder eSports Edition if its all good

@FoxLuxe I would argue with u about the grip type. I think its more for palm grip because with my claw grip I can't reach the "sniper button". Left and right click buttons are pretty long.

The back of the mouse however does have "claw grip curve" so I can see your point there.

But if u don't like the design then u made your decision :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

i love my roccat military optical, you have to try mice to find out what fits best. 

So, does anyone else have any other mouse to recommend?

The RGB lighting isn't a must, as I have previously said.

So, does anyone else have any other mouse to recommend?

The RGB lighting isn't a must, as I have previously said.

i think we said all of the best. Of my fav, roccat, 502, one by steel series.

Zowie FK1/FK2, being the FK2 the same mouse but just a little bit smaller. Same perfect sensor as the Rival but without shitty software interpolation or interference.

Zowie doesn't use omron switches though, they use Huanos which are a little bit heavier.

They're great for palm grip and finger tip grip, even claw grip I guess...

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

The Logitech G303 meets your demands:

- simple ergonomic design(like really really simple haha)

- optical sensor(same as the G502 which is currently considered as the best)

- wired braided cable
- adjustable DPI to your liking up to 12000 dpi

- claimed to be made with FPS-games in mind

- palm/fingertip grip type

- RGB lighting

Oh and it's priced at exactly €70 in Europe.

Worth taking a look at I guess.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice