Apparently I own too much computer stuff...... (Is that possible?)

DevilishBooster

You can always have to much of a good thing. But computers are not one of those.

One of my friends has way way way more stuff than this (A school literally just handed him a bunch of computers), I need to get a photo or something for you guys of his 'computer shed'.

But to answer you question, DONT BE STUPID, more computer stuff the better!

No.

For me, I only have what I use, but to someone else, I have too much. I have 1 desktop PC that I use every day. A laptop which I use when travelling.

Then I have 2 SFF Shuttles for HTPC duties, another SFF Shuttle for CCTV use and am preparing another SFF Shuttle for HTPC use when my step daughter moves out and I get my man cave.

Wife also has a laptop and we both have tablets. I don't have cupboards full of spares or old parts as such as it doesn't interest me. But, if I have even the slightest justification for another "box" - I damn well take it!!

nope. not possible.

But if you have too much, I could store some.

Ey? *Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* *Nudge* 

I could as well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Never to much pc stuff.

My Main PC:

CPUi5 3570k CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper T4 Motherboard: Asus p8z77-v pro  RAM: Crucial Balistic 2x4gb  GPU: Two PNY GTX 680's in SLI Case: Some rando Antec one  PSU: Thermaltake 1000w  Display: HP Elite Display 321i 23''  Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128gb, Seagate Barracuda 1tb

What dell latitude is that?

I think I have the same, but it only turns on 20% of the time

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

any 286/386 or older in there?

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

maybe clean your room idk 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

no you haven't got too moch computer stuff, but the older stuff is pretty useless

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

What dell latitude is that?

I think I have the same, but it only turns on 20% of the time

Not sure on the specific model off the top of my head (I have a couple difference ones), and I'm going to be booting it up for the first time today.

any 286/386 or older in there?

Nothing that old, but I do have an i486SX and an AM486 DX2.

maybe clean your room idk 

Lol, wat? It's all organized into bins and drawers and the cases with systems in them are on shelves or stacked neatly, but I'll give you an "A" for the attempted trolling.  ;) Sure, if I had unlimited space it could look a little neater, but I do the best with the space I have.  :)

no you haven't got too moch computer stuff, but the older stuff is pretty useless

Yeah, it's pretty useless by today's standards, but I'm using it to put together Linux systems and for learning IT and I'm using the really old stuff to try resurrecting Win 93/95/98 systems.  :)

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

I remember when you could make straight up clone cpus without consequences(amd and cyrix)....

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

I was buying a bunch of used 780 tis to bin and I had a whole stack of 8 gpus at one point. It was great to see. 

I take it by the past tense you no longer have the GPUs? 

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Do I see a desktop with a turbo button there?

Not enough, if anything.

I can already see all the youngins wondering what a turbo button is and how to install one. I had one on either my gateway 95 or my hp i had back when.

I remember when you could make straight up clone cpus without consequences(amd and cyrix)....

By "clone" do you mean basically a "knock-off"? I've never heard of a "clone cpu".

END OF LINE

Not sure on the specific model off the top of my head (I have a couple difference ones), and I'm going to be booting it up for the first time today.

Lol, wat? It's all organized into bins and drawers and the cases with systems in them are on shelves or stacked neatly, but I'll give you an "A" for the attempted trolling. ;) Sure, if I had unlimited space it could look a little neater, but I do the best with the space I have. :)

Yeah, it's pretty useless by today's standards, but I'm using it to put together Linux systems and for learning IT and I'm using the really old stuff to try resurrecting Win 93/95/98 systems. :)

you will try to boot it up.

If it is like mine, you won't succeed most of the time. 1 day it works, the other 5 it doesn't

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I take it by the past tense you no longer have the GPUs? 

I've sold off most of them. Still own 3 of them and I'm getting some more in soon. The ones I had couldn't hit 1300 which is what I'm aiming for. 

There's no such thing as too much technology! Who you been talking to? I have difficulty traversing my current living quarters for all of the computer crap I have lying about. If you can walk around in your house without tripping over cables or computers then you don't have enough stuff. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

By "clone" do you mean basically a "knock-off"? I've never heard of a "clone cpu".

The fact they were actually allowed to make them is utterly hilarious. That would be install lawsuit now....

I can already see all the youngins wondering what a turbo button is and how to install one. I had one on either my gateway 95 or my hp i had back when.

I personally have never used a turbo button before because my family didn't have a PC until ME, and it was quickly upgraded to an XP system. I'm pretty excited to learn these older systems. I may have to make some sound effects the first time I press the turbo button.  ;)

END OF LINE

That place is a mess, organised mess at least :D

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

you will try to boot it up.

If it is like mine, you won't succeed most of the time. 1 day it works, the other 5 it doesn't

Well, it is an Optiplex....

I've sold off most of them. Still own 3 of them and I'm getting some more in soon. The ones I had couldn't hit 1300 which is what I'm aiming for. 

What are you using them for? I want to try scooping up GPUs for cheap that that I can build a Folding-farm.

There's no such thing as too much technology! Who you been talking to? I have difficulty traversing my current living quarters for all of the computer crap I have lying about. If you can walk around in your house without tripping over cables or computers then you don't have enough stuff. 

I like this. I like this alot. I'm getting there, but it might take me the rest of the year.  :P

END OF LINE