Tips on a first budget build?

First time on a build, all I really want is to run games on either high or medium smoothly, as well as edit, render and record audio/gameplay for Youtube.  My budget is 500, I have the mouse, keyboard, and the monitor so the only thing I need is the actual build. What should I look for? Any good setups or ideas on what I should look into getting?

man , for 500 bananas you're surely going to get 144hz @ 5k

jk welcome to the forum . 

What currency are you talking about ? What resolution do you plan on using ( probably 1080p ) ? 

How much time do you want your build to last? Do you want the best possible performance now or do you want to have more longterm performance? Where are you from and what currency. @Si3ra_7 I don't think it's bananas.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/250410-holiday-2014-buyers-guide-full-component-list/

Assuming you have a copy of windows this would fit your budget just about perfectly.

Don't use the SSD in the linus's build. They got review samples with different chips and kingston changed them to be more affortable, but those SSDs are worse now. Get something like a Crucial MX100.

How much time do you want your build to last? Do you want the best possible performance now or do you want to have more longterm performance? Where are you from and what currency. @Si3ra_7 I don't think it's bananas.

I think it is bananas. They have become a really popular currency lately :-)

PC  Specs 2022:

Spoiler
  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen R9 5900x @ 5.1GHz - Auto OC
  • Curve Optimizer Magnitude: -20
  • Motherboard
    ASUS ROG STRIX x570-F Gaming
  • RAM
                                        Kingston Fury 32GB DDR4 3200MHz 16x2GB
  • GPU
    MSI 3070 8GB Ventus 2x OC
  • Case
    LIAN LI LANCOOL MESH II Mesh RGB Black
  • Storage
    Kingston NV1 2TB M.2. NVMe
  • PSU
    Seasonic Focus GX 850w 
  • Display(s)
    MSI OPTIX MAG 251RX IPS 240hz & ASUS MG248Q Vertical 144hz & Dell 60hz
  • Cooling
    NZXT Kraken x73 360mm
  • Keyboard
    Tt eSports Meka G1
  • Mouse
    Logitech G Pro Wireless
  • Operating System
    -Windows 10 Professional 64bit

for single monitor a 24" is perfect, yoiu can also ask in stores for a ex demo or display unit and get reduced price. you want a 5ms or less responce time monitor, LED, LCD is good.

for parts if on a budget, you can get stuff in sales, recomditioned, refurbished, used good lest gen from places like components stores, ebay etc.

i am just about to put up an advert to sell some good quality componments as i don't have the room for 3 computers now, i just finished building my future / new build but my other one is still very good and great value / performance. i will most likely just sell the m/board / cpu & ram. plus the 2x graphics cards and maybe the SSD.

so i also looked here to see if anyone is wanting a good budget build.

parts i have are Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0 m/board, FX6300 cpu, Kingston genesis 2133mhz 16 gig memory kit, Samsung 120 gig 840 series SSD, 2x Asus HD 7790 2gig edition o/c graphics cards. good for 1080p gaming.

got to love Asus components