The skyrim mods cost more than the game.

zappian

Which is unfortunate news that they had to bow down to pressure from the mobs for all of the wrong reasons. -_-

Listen in a vaccum the idea of supporting modders is fine.

In theory its an amazing idea.

But what happened was total madness , people uploading 100 dollar horse genitalia mod.

People creating 5 min skins in photoshop and selling them for 2 dollars .

Instead of bringing out good , quality mods it brought out quick and one shot cash whores .

I am not against supporting moders , I am against doing it this way.

There are better ways , Patreon for example would be great and is already something thats used for content creator on youtube.

The quality Level of Paid Mods:

http://imgur.com/gallery/bqcla/new

It's a total fiasco - all pain, and no gain for anyone.

I wouldn't call it a no gain situation, they now know how the community reacts. They just tried the carrot, now we'll see if they'll try the stick.

I wouldn't call it a no gain situation, they now know how the community reacts. They just tried the carrot, now we'll see if they'll try the stick.

If I thought they were smart then maybe I could see them learning something.  But right now they sure don't look very smart. 

It would appear that, -not only- did they not see the potential for backlash, they were also not willing to weather any backlash once they got it.

So add spineless and adrift to the list along with stupid.

They really had a chance here to create a new model for gaming, and establish new markets open to many, many more people as well. 

But they screwed the pooch, and while maybe they'll take another run at it some time later, they will have a history of failure, and an entrenched opposition (people now know how to say "make this stop") to overcome as well.

The SkyUI people were rude and they even joked at putting bugs in their updates and then charging people $9.99 to fix their bugs.

With that said I am glad some Steam members made **** lists.  They made lists of modders who jumped on board with Valve's and Bethesda's pathetic plan before even discussing it with the many other modders out there.  I have a copy of this list and I have no problem ignoring their mods or choosing to just use their mods free whereas in the future I will be donating to others.  If the SkyUI people are not already on my **** list I will add them.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

With that said I am glad some Steam members made **** lists.  They made lists of modders who jumped on board with Valve's and Bethesda's pathetic plan before even discussing it with the many other modders out there.  I have a copy of this list and I have no problem ignoring their mods or choosing to just use their mods free whereas in the future I will be donating to others.  If the SkyUI people are not already on my **** list I will add them.

I don't think that having blacklists with modders that think differently is the solution. 

I just don't care, i'm on nexus mods :)

1000 mods all for free.

F!CK YOU STEAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!