No display and no apparent reason

MayorPotatoSalad

Recently my while using my computer I was screwing around watching three movies on all three of my monitors (context not important) when my computer froze but unlike a normal freeze the screens went black and did not come back on. Tried all the obvious things, (windows d, Ctrl alt delete etc) but the screens remained black while the actual computer seemed fine, fans were still spinning, LEDs were all on. I resorted to holding down the power button for a forced restart but when I tried turning it back on again there was still no image while the computer was fine, including postcodes, something I did not check at the time of original error. This was aboht 2 hours ago and I have left it for a while, tryed using onboard graphics, unplugged my monitors, plugged them back in to different ports on my GPU, checked the input on the monitors. So I have hit a brick wall and was desperately hoping someone might have any ideas for what else I could try.

System is custom, with parts as follows:

4790k CPU

GTX 980 GPU

Asus z97 Pro (WiFi AC) Motherboard

EVGA supernova 750w PSU

Custom water cooling loop

Idk about asus, but for msi you have to flash the cmos when you switch display ports ( or maybe this is just when you install a new gpu) anyway try a cmos flash, cant hurt

Just flashed the CMOS and it booted normally, no idea what happened to it but thank you so much. You really made my day, hope you have a good one too.

Take that back, just realized I had onboard graphics plugged in. Far out, my 980 better not be gone :(

Ok, this is probably pointless but have you checked your power lead to your gpu and made sure it is plugged all the way in? One time I somehow managed to have my power connection only halfway plugged in which cased my gpu to not work.

Ok, this is probably pointless but have you checked your power lead to your gpu and made sure it is plugged all the way in? One time I somehow managed to have my power connection only halfway plugged in which cased my gpu to not work.

Thanks for all your help but turns out the card died. Don't ask me how. But just took off the backplate and looked at the PCB and there is a section that looks fried. Fml.