How do Manufacturers do This?

Kobz360
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,

They Microsoft Windows OPK, which allows OEMs (like you, if you are selling custom build computers), to prepare the system, and include what software you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/installation/downloads/Pages/windows_7_opk.aspx#fbid=zI6ThVzo0Aa?features

For Windows 8 and Server 2012, you use the new Windows ADK:

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/installation/downloads/Pages/Windows-8-ADK.aspx#fbid=zI6ThVzo0Aa

Once setup, they use Microsoft SysPrep, so what the next time you start the system, you you have the license agreement, and account creation and all that.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721940%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

Hey guys,

I was sitting and wondering, when someone buys a laptop and it's say HP branded, how is it so that everything is set up as if the computer is new and you're told to make an account and all that good stuff, but when you do all of that and boot in, you can see HP has already installed their software, the drivers and all that stuff?

I'm sorry if it might be a noob question but it just came to mind. I'm usually intelligent with computers and all that stuff but this is something I simply don't know :/

Thanks for answers (If you can provide)

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

preinstall everything on the hdd and match that to the specific model it was intended to go into ?

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

preinstall everything on the hdd and match that to the specific model it was intended to go into ?

Hmm I guess that's possible, but even then usually you need to make a user and install all your crap and then to do what they've done, then delete the user so the consumer can use it like new. But, you just can't delete the one and only user on the PC. There could be more to it or perhaps i'm just over-thinking it

THE BEAST Motherboard: MSI B350 Tomahawk   CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700   GPU: Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC  RAM: 16GB G.Skill FlareX DDR4   

PSU: Corsair CX650M     Case: Corsair 200R    SSD: Kingston 240GB SSD Plus   HDD: 1TB WD Green Drive and Seagate Barracuda 2TB Media Drive

They have access to some software that is not sold to consumers

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

they have some kind of OEM version of windows.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

they have some kind of OEM version of windows.

Yeah I was thinking it might've been that they have OEM version Windows, which probably gives them ability to do that. 

Yeah I was thinking it might've been that they have OEM version Windows, which probably gives them ability to do that. 

they definitely have. i've seen it somewhere.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

They prob install windows, install all of the 'crap' and maybe type a command to restart windows from start.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

They Microsoft Windows OPK, which allows OEMs (like you, if you are selling custom build computers), to prepare the system, and include what software you want.

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/installation/downloads/Pages/windows_7_opk.aspx#fbid=zI6ThVzo0Aa?features

For Windows 8 and Server 2012, you use the new Windows ADK:

http://www.microsoft.com/OEM/en/installation/downloads/Pages/Windows-8-ADK.aspx#fbid=zI6ThVzo0Aa

Once setup, they use Microsoft SysPrep, so what the next time you start the system, you you have the license agreement, and account creation and all that.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc721940%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

It's a modified version of the windows disk, anyone can do it if you know what you are doing. When I had a old PC I downloaded a version of windows that came with office, flash and all the updates pre-installed. This is a good example Here.

Alright thanks everyone :)