GTA V PC Tweak Guide!

Nvidia has done a pretty good job of a few big name games and posting tweak guides for everyone.  I believe at one point I read that the writer for TweakGuides wrote guides for Nvidia as well.

And now to the link :D

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/grand-theft-auto-v-pc-graphics-and-performance-guide

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

Damn, now I need AMD guide....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

or you could use gaming evolved or geforce experience to ur respective gpu manufacturer 

dont use gaming evolved 

it dumped my 290x to 30 fps with lower graphix settings and cranked all the krap that tanks ur fps

This is awesome and very useful thanks

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Damn, now I need AMD guide....

Very few of the tweaks in the guide are Nvidia-only, and work for all GPUs :)

dont use gaming evolved 

it dumped my 290x to 30 fps with lower graphix settings and cranked all the krap that tanks ur fps

I'm going to try the optimization  for a laugh. I  usually just optimize for the 20 points then revert back  :lol:

Very few of the tweaks in the guide are Nvidia-only and work for all GPUs :)

:3

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'm going to try the optimization  for a laugh. I  usually just optimize for the 20 points then revert back  :lol:

When I had dual 7950's, the auto-optimization was utterly rubbish xD

When I had dual 7950's, the auto-optimization was utterly rubbish xD

Yah it usually is. Its based off users settings so. The gta5 optimization worked very well for me tho. I set it to quality and it set some of my settings lower but raised others. I went form 40+fps to 60+. Visually I couldn't really tell much of a difference in terms of graphics quality. But I'm sure if I had them side by side id be able notice the difference. So imo it worked really well. Prob cause there is an abundance of people playing so they have enough user settings to base it off of.

Nice! now i know which setting to just leave on high, and turn off the useless ones which take lots of fps (post process)

but i have to buy gta 5 first

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Nice! now i know which setting to just leave on high, and turn off the useless ones which take lots of fps (post process)

Hopefully it stops the 101 GTA V performance threads out there ^^

This is great, Even though I've spent countless hours tweaking settings to get optimal performance and smoothest gameplay, This guide is incredibly helpful.

like this for example:

Ambient Occlusion

Typically, Ambient Occlusion (AO) adds contact shadows where two surfaces or objects meet, and where an object blocks light from reaching another nearby game element. In Grand Theft Auto V though, no AO shadows are to be found because of a game application bug. Expect it to be fixed in a forthcoming update, at which time we'll reevaluate its impact and update the guide.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

This is great, Even though I've spent countless hours tweaking settings to get optimal performance and smoothest gameplay, This guide is incredibly helpful.

like this for example:

Yup, Nvidia tweak guides have always been well written and detailed.  I was wondering why my SSAO setting changed almost nothing so I just cranked it up in case it decided to work :P

Bump for more visibility and helping people with their GTA V performance issues~

Created a short mini-guide on how to setup MSI Afterburner OSD so you can see your CPU/GPU usage while in-game so you can see what settings cause the most slowdown for you.

First download MSI Afterburner from the link below :

http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner

Install MSI Afterburner and also Rivatuner Statistics Server when the option comes up.

Now launch MSI AB and click on the Settings button.  Your UI may be different as I prefer the default old-school UI.  Click the "On-Screen Display" tab and set a keybind to toggle the visibility of the OSD (On-Screen Display).  I personally use F12 cos it's mostly unused in games so it won't clash with any in-game buttons.

or6jgKz.png

Click on the "Monitoring" tab and scroll down the list to select what performance metrics you want to monitor.  For me, I select CPU usage for Core 1-4, Framerate, Frametime, GPU Usage, Memory Usage.  For those that you want to see in the OSD, select "Show in On-Screen Display) as highlighted in red.

hCzG7tD.png

You will see Rivatuner Statistics Server launch and sit in your notification area on your taskbar.  Double click to bring it up.   Click the "+" button at the bottom left and go to your GTA game directory.  For the Steam version it should be Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V

Select GTA5.exe

BiY7xAv.png

If you want to change the font to something more appealing, change the rendering mode to Raster 3D and the tiny arrow to the right of it, you can change font and font style.  Turn on "Show On-Screen Display" at the top and minimize RSS and MSI AB.  

xxACrcl.png

Launch GTA and after the opening Rockstar logo, the information you selected above should show on your screeen like my screenshot below.

6UjLHtw.jpg