Blue Snowball video review, best youtube microphone?

GhettoUnboxings
Today we have an unboxing and review video about the Blue Snowball microphone for you.
It's exremely poplular, and the big question is: is it the best microphone for YouTube?
While it may not be the best, it sure does make our video's sound a whole lot better.
Please feel free to comment with any tips, or products you want us to review.

Yeti is also a very good microphone.

It is, but in my opinion that price is not starting level.

Good video, you are getting better. But that 10 second loop that played through the entire video really started to annoy me

Good video, you are getting better. But that 10 second loop that played through the entire video really started to annoy me

Thank you, that means a lot.

We were not really sure about that loop, but decided to do it because some background music made a lot of difference.

I guess we'll be looking into some other music for that.

This video was also a test for the white background, looks way better doesn't it?

i got one on sale for 40$ and use it only for skype

lol

i know it s overkill but at 40$ it was a good deal.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I love the snowball, I use it for all of my videos. It is brilliant for the price. One of my friends also recently bought one and the difference it made over skype was massive. It's really nice to speak to people who have good mics. 

Fractal Design Define S, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz, Noctua NH-D14, Asus Sabertooth Z77, EVGA 980Ti SC+, 4x8GB Corsair Vengence 1600MHz, EVGA P2 1000W, Creative sound blaster Z, 2xSamsung 850 120GB RAID 0, 2xWestern Digital Caviar Black 1TB Other stuffs: BenQ XL2411t, LG Flatron M2262D, Ducky Shine 3, Logitech G400s, Steelseries QCK Heavy, Beyerdynamic DT770 pro 80ohm, Shure SE215, Blue Snowball

After having owned both the Snowball & the Yeti, I really dont like them. But I love my audio technica At2020. Good unboxing too mate.

How about on sale for $80?

i got one on sale for 40$ and use it only for skype

lol

i know it s overkill but at 40$ it was a good deal.

These prices are crazy, but I still like it at €70.

At $40 dollar it's so much value for money it's crazy.

I love the snowball, I use it for all of my videos. It is brilliant for the price. One of my friends also recently bought one and the difference it made over skype was massive. It's really nice to speak to people who have good mics. 

I tried skype with it this morning, and never knew what I was missing out on. It really makes a big difference.

After having owned both the Snowball & the Yeti, I really dont like them. But I love my audio technica At2020. Good unboxing too mate.

Tanking a look at that now, I know there are better mic's available, but as said the value for money is so damn appealing to me.

Thanks for the compliment, any thoughts on what we can improve?

Edit: So I took a look at the audio technica, and it's not really comparable to the snowball. The preice is more on level with the Yeti. (At least in my region)

It also lacks a stand. Does look very good though, I'm going to try to get one to test it.

"Tanking a look at that now, I know there are better mic's available, but as said the value for money is so damn appealing to me.

Thanks for the compliment, any thoughts on what we can improve?"

Yes value for money I dont think you will find anything better than the snowball. On improveing your videos nothing major, only thing I could think of is turning down the backround music a tiny bit when your talking and zooming in more on the small taxt on the box so it's easyer to read and people can pause the video to read it if they want other than that, no it's dead on.

(Edit) Subscribed BTW   :)

I completely agree. I'm not a huge fan of the intro music either, though it is difficult to find the right one. Try to find something original like how TekSyndicate did with their 8 bit tracks. Maybe even experiment with other camera techniques such as panning from the left to the right, Dezel/B-Roll and TekSyndicate are also do a very good job of this.

I completely agree. I'm not a huge fan of the intro music either, though it is difficult to find the right one. Try to find something original like how TekSyndicate did with their 8 bit tracks. Maybe even experiment with other camera techniques such as panning from the left to the right, Dezel/B-Roll and TekSyndicate are also do a very good job of this.

We are working on that very hard, we're actually building a proper studio. As you will see in the previous video's we were trying out different locations for filming.

As for the filming techniques, together with that studio some proper filming equipment will be built. (Think camera jib, dolly system)

The music is indeed hard to find a good one, going to try out some things over the next video's.

Thank you for the response, allways good to have some feedback.