I was bored and i did something funny whit fan. Pictures!

M-ursu

So i took some old case fand i modified it to "desk fan". :)

Pictures:

Here is the fan:

post-2255-0-86444100-1373651607_thumb.jp

Then i destroyed that 2-pin connection:

post-2255-0-39624000-1373651640_thumb.jp

After that i connected 9v battery and it worked:

post-2255-0-99968600-1373651672_thumb.jp

Later i tried 15v and i only got some weird engine sound :)

post-2255-0-73723400-1373651708_thumb.jp

Nice. I have fans but I don't feel like ruining them, they always come in handy.

A more permanent power source would be nice too, with those batteries the fan will slow down over time until you will have to push start them.

(You have the same mouse mat as me.)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Later i tried 15v and i only got some weird engine sound :)

attachicon.gif20130712_203239-816538423.jpg

Little thought, When you do that ( If you do it again ) try spinning the fan to get it going, I tried it once and worked, IDK, random thought...

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

O.O i made my own air-conditioner like this it works fine my brain runs at 4.5ghz stable

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

O.O i made my own air-conditioner like this it works fine my brain runs at 4.5ghz stable

So you always have to troll my topics, right? :)

That's kinda cool. I would try something like this if I had any spare fans laying around.

I wont think so, becouse i think that it have over voltage protection.

Maybe you should try 15V in paraller rather than in serial.

I have seen pc fans being used as desktop fans in local retailers shop.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

So you always have to troll my topics, right? :)

hmmm... :D

He is the hero this forum deserves but not the one it needs right now.So we'll hunt him because he can take it because he is not our hero he is a silent guardian 

a watchful protector A Dark Knight

Cool I dare you to do it with a Corsair SP120 or a Notcua NF-P12...... Joking but that is a really COOL mod, pardon the pun.

My PC specs; Processor: Intel i5 2500K @4.6GHz, Graphics card: Sapphire AMD R9 Nano 4GB DD Overclocked @1050MHz Core and 550 MHz Memory. Hard Drives: 500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200 RPM, 2TB Western Digital Green Drive, Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V , Power Supply: OCZ ZS series 750W 80+ Bronze certified, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: Corsair Vengance series Ram, Dual Channel kit @ 1866 Mhz, 10-11-10-30 Timings, 4x4 GB DIMMs. Cooler: CoolerMaster Seidon 240V

Wire it up to a 9v adapter and you'll be good to go. It won't run at it's full speed (which requires 12v), but it will run. you can actually adjust a fans speed by pulling apart the 3 pin connector and putting the positive/negative ends certain pins on a 4 pin molex. I have 3 of my fans wired up in a similar manner, though I made them there own molex connectors and did things properly :)

Here's the article I found showing you how to do this. Don't worry, you can always put the pins back in the 3 pin connector as long as you don't bend them up too much.