[US-TigerDirect] Seagate Barracuda 3TB $79

CoolaxGaming

Apparently you didn't read what I said. And if you did go back and re-read it, you didn't understand it. I never said I only ran the drives for 6 months.

You said how Backblaze is crap, and it probably is. You also said your non 3TB Seagate drive took 6 years to die, nice. I must of been listing to the tek while writing my reply.

But you listed personal experience with Seagate drives that were not the 3TB version. Apparently ONLY the 3TB version has a high chance of failure after a year of use. Not 1 year of torture, but regular office/business use. Wendell from TekSyndicate bought many for personal use in his offices, and after a year, 1/3 of them died, were RMA'd, and died again weeks later.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

I've owned several Seagate drives, including two 3TB and have never had one fail on me before I retired it.

Seagate is my go-to HDD manufacture but that doesn't mean WD or Hitachi doesn't make equally excellent drives.

BUILD LOGSSerious Black ] [ Project Lumos ] [ SrsB ]

You said how Backblaze is crap, and it probably is. You also said your non 3TB Seagate drive took 6 years to die, nice. I must of been listing to the tek while writing my reply.

But you listed personal experience with Seagate drives that were not the 3TB version. Apparently ONLY the 3TB version has a high chance of failure after a year of use. Not 1 year of torture, but regular office/business use. Wendell from TekSyndicate bought many for personal use in his offices, and after a year, 1/3 of them died, were RMA'd, and died again weeks later.

^ this. And combined with personal experience with the Seagate 3TB drives vs others, along with a buddy of mine whos 3TB ALSO died, I think it's pretty hard to say our concerns/warnings are unfounded. 

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

All of you need to quit it with these. There's nothing wrong with seagate drives. As has been shown time and again, Backblaze's testing method was flawed,

I have come across a number of people (myself included) who have had DOA on the Seagate 3TB HDD. That is what I am basing my opinion on. I never quoted backblaze. I am not saying Seagate make bad drives, I am saying (based on my research and opinion) the 3TB drive have issues. That's all.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

I have come across a number of people (myself included) who have had DOA on the Seagate 3TB HDD. That is what I am basing my opinion on. I never quoted backblaze. I am not saying Seagate make bad drives, I am saying (based on my research and opinion) the 3TB drive have issues. That's all.

My apologies, I misread what you said.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Ok, just ignore absolutely everything I said. Backblaze is NOT a reliable source for drive failure rates.

I have two of those exact drives, Ran them for over a year in a NAS that was almost always on, one of the drives died (I didn't count this one earlier because of circumstances) after the NAS was knocked off a desk while running. The other one has continued to run perfectly fine for the past 5, almost 6, months now and shows no problems. Even their 3TB drives don't suck.

no, they're not, especially with their first report they published 

the most I paid earlier address this specific drive and was sourced from a different statistic. The one the other people in this thread is mentioning is flawed. 

Wendell seems to have had bad experiences with that sku as well.