[US-TigerDirect] Seagate Barracuda 3TB $79

CoolaxGaming

should of posted this, my dad emailed this deal to me 7 hours agoish, and asked if it was a good deal lol

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

Damn, I could really use one of those for backups and such!

Too bad I don't have the money for it atm :/

SWEET DEAL. I should get this for my NAS I am building...............

I was thinking exactly the same thing xD though I doubt ill be building a nas for a while even if I got the drive lel

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I think the LLT servers are glitching out a bit. I got a notification that my post was liked but not posted. PREPARING FOR LAGG

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

amazon has for $88 if rebates are not your thing

Can you sir please stop. IDGAF what Amazon has, this one is cheaper

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Please don't get these drives unless you want to rma them several times just to have them die again. They fail suddenly and constantly! They have a rough 32% failure rate... source

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Please don't get these drives unless you want to rma them sever times just to have them die again. They fail suddenly and constantly! They have a rough 32% failure rate... source

This^

The 3TB drivers are particularly bad for some reason.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

Wow why you gotta be so mean? He just said that amazon has it for just $8 more for the many people who don't like dealing with rebates

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

Wow why you gotta be so mean? He just said that amazon has it for just $8 more for the many people who don't like dealing with rebates

Second thread he did this in

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Second thread he did this in

oh aight.

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I just bought 2x Toshiba(internal) 5TB 7200 128mb cache for $139 today from Microcenter.  Now that's an awesome deal.

I've been giving them quite a bit of business lately.  Two Asus laptops and now this.  I love giving that place my money.

for my future build, I will buy as many parts as I can from them. 

Yeah, but there's no rebate to deal with, and no "maybe" or "if" to worry about

8$ isn't worth that differece

Tiger doesn't state free shipping either.

Furthermore here's what Tek Syndicate has to say on that exact same model (46:35) 

https://youtu.be/ljzMwzi6C3k?t=46m35s

it's a bit concerning, I probably wouldn't but you're all welcome to make your own decisions, but I wouldn't really call it a deal. 

As someone who hates dealing with rebates, I'm glad he posted the Amazon price. $8 is literally chump change to me. I'd pay 8$ not having to wait and do stupid work to save it. lol

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Chiming in, I've had two fail on me. 

The 3TB Barracuda has a huge failure rate.

blog-drive-failure-by-manufacturer1.jpg

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set

Please don't get these drives unless you want to rma them several times just to have them die again. They fail suddenly and constantly! They have a rough 32% failure rate... source

This^

The 3TB drivers are particularly bad for some reason.

Careful people.... Seagate are really low quality and the 3 TB drives have a nearly 50% fail rate

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/best-hard-drive/

Chiming in, I've had two fail on me. 

The 3TB Barracuda has a huge failure rate.

-snip-

All of you need to quit it with these. There's nothing wrong with seagate drives. As has been shown time and again, Backblaze's testing method was flawed, all they've given out is raw data with no context. These are consumer drives that have been shoved in an extremely demanding environment, crammed into pods without the best airflow, and run 24/7. An environment they are unsuited for, there is a reason enterprise grade drives are made. There is also no information on what pods the drives were put in or where they were located in the pods (older pods don't reduce vibration as well and drives in the center of the pod run hotter than the ones on the outside).

To put it in perspective, If any drive manufacturer had failure rates that high, they would lose all contracts with any other companies and they would no longer exist. That clearly isn't the case.

In my personal experience, I have bought a number of seagate drives. Only one was DOA, and the only one that I've had fail on me was a 750gb one that was 6 years old at the time. See? Personal experiences can differ, they don't really matter much, all hard drive makers are really about the same with comparable drives.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

All of you need to quit it with these. There's nothing wrong with seagate drives. As has been shown time and again, Backblaze's testing method was flawed, all they've given out is raw data with no context. These are consumer drives that have been shoved in an extremely demanding environment, crammed into pods without the best airflow, and run 24/7. An environment they are unsuited for, there is a reason enterprise grade drives are made. There is also no information on what pods the drives were put in or where they were located in the pods (older pods don't reduce vibration as well and drives in the center of the pod run hotter than the ones on the outside).

To put it in perspective, If any drive manufacturer had failure rates that high, they would lose all contracts with any other companies and they would no longer exist. That clearly isn't the case.

In my personal experience, I have bought a number of seagate drives. Only one was DOA, and the only one that I've had fail on me was a 750gb one that was 6 years old at the time. See? Personal experiences can differ, they don't really matter much, all hard drive makers are really about the same with comparable drives.

Not all of their drives suck, just the 3TB ones... The place where they were made had a major flood, but Seagate said nothing was damaged. Obviously something happened or 1/3 of their 3TB drives wouldn't fail.

CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.6Ghz 1.255v | GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980 Ti | Display: Acer XB270HU bprz | RAM: 16GB (4x4GB) Gskill Ripjaws X 1866MHz | CPU Cooler: H80i | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | SSD: Mushkin 120GB + Sandisk 480GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB | Case: Enthoo Pro |PSU: Seaconic M12II EVO 850w | OS: Windows 10 64-Bit | Mouse: Logitech RGB G502 | Keyboard: Thermaltake Poseidon Z (Brown Switches) | 

Not all of their drives suck, just the 3TB ones... The place where they were made had a major flood, but Seagate said nothing was damaged. Obviously something happened or 1/3 of their 3TB drives wouldn't fail.

Ok, just ignore absolutely everything I said. Backblaze is NOT a reliable source for drive failure rates.

I have two of those exact drives, Ran them for over a year in a NAS that was almost always on, one of the drives died (I didn't count this one earlier because of circumstances) after the NAS was knocked off a desk while running. The other one has continued to run perfectly fine for the past 5, almost 6, months now and shows no problems. Even their 3TB drives don't suck.

If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

I took a few minutes to read what you said, now watch this video for a few (until about 49mins). After about a year, 1/3 of them die. Your 6-months+ ain't shit.

Edit: Listen to what Wendell says about his personal experience. It perfectly reflects the graph.

I don't know if this thread is still good, but the 3tb seagate drives have around a 32% failure rate in the first year of operation.

The Vinyl Decal guy.

Celestial-Uprising  A Work In-Progress

I took a few minutes to read what you said, now watch this video for a few (until about 49mins). After about a year, 1/3 of them die. Your 6-months+ ain't shit.

Edit: Listen to what Wendell says about his personal experience. It perfectly reflects the graph.

Apparently you didn't read what I said. And if you did go back and re-read it, you didn't understand it. I never said I only ran the drives for 6 months.