Need OS. G2A?

Vexzarium
Go to solution Solved by Vexzarium,

I purchased the key and ESO at the same time, both were 100% legit. Windows activated without a problem and ESO accepted to key without a problem.

Great site.

So I put a friend of mine on a 30 day grace period for Windows 8.1 on a rig I recently built for them. They did not have the money to buy the components and the OS in one shot. They are ready for the OS, and my usual place of purchase is closed and wont send the key until the morning. Also, they charge $88.99. I found this:

https://www.g2a.com/windows-8-professional-32-64-bit-cd-key-global.html

And was wondering if this is what I'm after and if it is legit.

Anyone?

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

I believe this is the ''Key'' but not the download, so you have the key but you can't download it. You could go to like Kat.ph and download the *cough* pirated *cough* windows 8.1 and just used your key? I could be wrong though, I never bought anything from G2A.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

I believe this is the ''Key'' but not the download, so you have the key but you can't download it. You could go to like Kat.ph and download the *cough* pirated *cough* windows 8.1 and just used your key? I could be wrong though, I never bought anything from G2A.

I have the installation media on a flash drive directly from MS.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

I install a lot of OS's, just never purchased the key from these guys.

CPU: Intel i5-4690k                                                               RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengance Pro DDR3-2400                                                                     Case: NZXT S340

Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo                                                  Storage: Intel 730 SSD                                                                                                            PSU: EVGA 850G2

Mobo: Asus Z97-A 3.1                                                          GPU: 980ti G1                                                                                                                          OS: Windows 10 Pro

I have the installation media on a flash drive directly from MS.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/create-reset-refresh-media

I install a lot of OS's, just never purchased the key from these guys.

Well then the key is going be good. G2A is trusted (from what I heard). You could go ahead, just make sure it's the right edition you want.

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

G2A is a " gray market" seller, meaning they resell products bought from a cheap region (like eastern Europe). The way they get their keys can sometimes mean they are illegal/stolen and could be revoked at any moment. They also feature a market place where users can sell their keys, which can be even more shady deals. If you are buying from an user instead G2A themselves, proceed with caution and investigate the seller (like in eBay, check ratings, stats, reviews, etc.).

Be careful if it's an upgrade key. IIRC, upgrade keys don't let you perform a clean install or let you enter after installation. 

I purchased the key and ESO at the same time, both were 100% legit. Windows activated without a problem and ESO accepted to key without a problem.

Great site.

Be careful if it's an upgrade key. IIRC, upgrade keys don't let you perform a clean install or let you enter after installation. 

They do. I bought windows 8.1 pro upgrade, I can fresh install.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit