DJI Phantom 2 (Quad Copter) Path of Upgrades

clarkmcc

Okay so I've done a bunch of computer stuff on this forum but saw some pretty sweet build logs for things other than computers so I thought I'd share a fun project I'm working on! For those of you who dont know, the DJI Phantom 2 is a quad copter FPV aerial drone. I do aerial videos as my job but was dissapointed to watch my drone fly away from me after not responding to the remote. I was able to crash it to the ground and after some repairs I'm back up and running. However the first upgrade I want to make is a new spread spectrum controller so that I can minimize the interference risks. I chose the Spektrum DX6i because of the options and price point. 

UPGRADE #1 - Spektrum DX6i Controller

One thing I noticed was the lack of documentation on connecting the AR610 receiver (for the Spektrum Transmitter) to my NAZA flight controller so I hope to provide some details on how to do it here. Let me know what you guys think and if you have any tips that would be greatly appreciated (because at the moment I have no idea what I'm doing  :D fingers crossed I'll be enlightened before my next job)!

Q9kWm1f.jpg

F6tbdCs.jpg

IcjqA8t.jpg

i have that radio, i really enjoy it.  i wish it were universal and would work with my nanoquads.  Sadly, we dont live in a world like that and i have to use the shitty controllers the nanoquads come with.  

i have that radio, i really enjoy it.  i wish it were universal and would work with my nanoquads.  Sadly, we dont live in a world like that and i have to use the shitty controllers the nanoquads come with.  

It's a really nice radio however I believe I got a defective receiver, what multi rotor do you use with yours?

UPGRADE #1 - Spektrum DX6i Controller (FLOP)

After wiring and rewiring every possible scenario I couldn't get anything to work. I'm pretty sure I've got a bad receiver and am returning today for a DX7 with AR8000.

ssm5rNv.jpg

yc7eLZR.jpg