My First build. Need comments on the specs.

ASUS Maximus Hero + 15 4670k

Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz CL9 16GB (2x8GB)

WD Green 2TB ERZX

Samsung 840 Pro 128GB

Asus GTX760 2GB DC II OC

CORSAIR AX760

NZXT Phantom 410

Temporary cooling till I get money for custom loop - CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO TURBO

Any comments on my to-be-rig?

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

What're you doing with your PC? What if your budget? If I know your budget, i can help you get better parts.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

good solid build. i5 is enough for any games. 16GB is plenty for the ram and your Pro ssd will be good for os installation.

760 watt power supply is enough for further expansion of sli if necessary.

but yes the question that must be answered is the one posted by WunderWuffle

What're you doing with your PC?

Yeah the 4670k and maximus hero are a great combo.

But if you are into gaming i would say get 770 instead of 760 and select 8gigs of ram, 16gb is a bit of overkill, you won't have much use of it while playing games. 

And if you can get kingston hyperx thats good, but samsung pro 840 is also a good option. 

if you're planning a custom waterloop in the future, lower end cards alot of times don't get waterblocks for them.  so i'd got for a 770 for that.  and as far as 16gb being overkill, just go for it, its not like that extra 8 gb is costing you a fortune...

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

Budget wise it is around all those part cost so can't get anything more expensive. I live in Singapore hence US prices is quite different on some parts.

Gaming, further video editing etc.

16GB of RAM justification:
Heavy multiasking, my chrome already takes up nearly 4GB of RAM.
Will be using RAMDisk ~4 GB and left with 12GB of RAM for my workload

Yes I will be upgrading in the further, Custom Water Loop and maybe a GTX760 SLI.

About the waterblocks issue, I will just hope that they will release one for 760 in the future.

Thanks for the input guys!

CPU: i5 4670k @ 4.6-4.4 GHz| Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (White/Blue) | Motherbord: ASUS Maximus VI Hero|
RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB (Red) 1600MHz CL9 GPU: ASUS DirectCU II OC GTX 670 4GB (GTX670-DC2-4GD5) Power Supply: Corsair AX760i
Others: Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, WD Green 2TB, 2 Toshiba 500GB, CM TPC 612, Razer Black Widow Ultimate 2013 Stealth Edition, Razer Naga 2013, Razer Electra (oh this is shit...), Razer Moray+ , Razer Goliathus Speed Edition, Audio Technica ATH2500

if you are on a budget, see if you can get gtx600 series instead, it's cheaper than getting 700s and especially if you're going for 760, just pick up a 680 that someone used before :)

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

ASUS Maximus Hero + 15 4670k
Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866MHz CL9 16GB (2x8GB)
WD Green 2TB ERZX
Samsung 840 Pro 128GB
Asus GTX760 2GB DC II OC
CORSAIR AX760
NZXT Phantom 410
Temporary cooling till I get money for custom loop - CoolerMaster Hyper212 EVO TURBO

Any comments on my to-be-rig?

I like it, seems like a pretty nice build.

Also love that you went for a Core i5 instead of an i7, most of the time they aren't really needed (though a lot of the time it's 'want' rather than 'need') lol

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

if you are on a budget, see if you can get gtx600 series instead, it's cheaper than getting 700s and especially if you're going for 760, just pick up a 680 that someone used before :)

It's hard to get something decent used in my country bro :/ If not I would go for it too. I'm stuck in the 700 series as I'm waiting for the Shadowplay :)

I like it, seems like a pretty nice build.

Also love that you went for a Core i5 instead of an i7, most of the time they aren't really needed (though a lot of the time it's 'want' rather than 'need') lol

I would want a i7 though, but due to budget constraint I decided to cut it down to the i5 series.

Thanks!

I would want a i7 though, but due to budget constraint I decided to cut it down to the i5 series.

Thanks!

No worries :) also the Core i5 is a damn good chip which will provide you many years of powerful service, just don't overclock too much because the temps may get a little high :P

DESKTOP - Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Processor - Intel Core i5-2500K @ Stock 1.135v Cooling - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 RAM - Kingston Hyper-X Fury White 4x4GB DDR3-1866 Graphics Card - MSI GeForce GTX 780 Lightning PSU - Seasonic M12II EVO Edition 850w  HDD -  WD Caviar  Blue 500GB (Boot Drive)  /  WD Scorpio Black 750GB (Games Storage) / WD Green 2TB (Main Storage) Case - Cooler Master 335U Elite OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate

now, this might just be me, ok?

but if i were on a budget, waiting for a bit of $$$ for custom liquid loop - I would actually forgo the case and put the money for the case towards gpu.

you can easily just get a shoebox and cram your mobo there, yes ghetto setup, but it works and it saves you money.

when you have enough $$$ for the custom loop, get a case that fits your build, this way you don't have to worry about the loop compatibility to your case :D

Check out the build: Used to be Obot, now Lilith

Shameless: Me

Good idea though, but I will just go ahead with the case first. Won't be getting a loop anytime sooner. Might be even in a year time depending on whether should I change my mobile phone first or not xD