Safe 4770k Temps?

h100i

THAT IS BAD! You should be way lower with that cooler.

80c is what you should be maxing while stress testing, not casual gaming.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

THAT IS BAD! You should be way lower with that cooler.

80c is what you should be maxing while stress testing, not casual gaming.

it was ballpark the same on OCCT stress tests.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

it was ballpark the same on OCCT stress tests.

Oh, something else...

Make sure the fans that are blowing through the radiator are connected to the H100i, not the motherboard, so they know to ramp up when the cpu gets hotter.

7800X3D - MSI B650 MAG Tomahawk - 32GB 6000mhz CL30 - Gigabyte 3080 TI - 2TB NVME - 1000w PSU - ID Cooling 240mm AIO

Oh, something else...

Make sure the fans that are blowing through the radiator are connected to the H100i, not the motherboard, so they know to ramp up when the cpu gets hotter.

how would I check that? as I mentioned before in the thread NCIX built the system, I havent handled the h100 other then moving the fans form intake to exhaust.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I used GTA5 and OCCT hoping for a more consistent temp, unfortunately it wasn't. 

As forr pressure I was using my whole fist between the knuckles and pushing enough to tilt the case on 2 legs and its mounted on the top of the h440 with the fans on exhaust.

As for pressure I was using my whole fist between the knuckles  and pushing hard enough to tilt the case, the rad is mounted on the top of the h440

I have no idea what my pump running condition is cause corsair link is a POS and doesn't wanna tell me that. its not even appearing within the software, I will check AIDA64 and see if it tell me. fans ummm... it says "cpu 2320 rpm" I have 2 nf-f12s, 2 corsair silent SP120s on the rad and one corsair silent 140 on the rear the 140 was on a reducer but I just removed that. 

Ahhh ok.  Here is another possibility.  Are the pads or roof things in place on your H440?  It could be that your radiator is choked and not getting any fresh air.  Try removing the top panel or the pads to get better airflow.  This is one of the downsides of the H440, really bad airflow.  If your radiator is mounted in the roof with the top panel/sound dampening pads still on and the fans are pushing up, all of that hot air is just getting trapped with no where to go.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

how would I check that? as I mentioned before in the thread NCIX built the system, I havent handled the h100 other then moving the fans form intake to exhaust.

@Faceman can you help with some pics, im too busy to look for pics.

@Nexxus

I don't have much experience with Gigabyte fan control, and if your Corsair link is buggy, which is not surprising, how are you monitoring fan speeds?

So you have 4 fans in total in push/pull on the radiator?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

@Nexxus

corsair-h100i-install-2.jpg

you see the ports on the top of this? the ones facing..... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that way in the picture?

that is what your radiator fans should be plugged into. the h100i comes with a connector for it.

@Nexxus

I don't have much experience with Gigabyte fan control, and if your Corsair link is buggy, which is not surprising, how are you monitoring fan speeds?

So you have 4 fans in total in push/pull on the radiator?

No 3 on the front of the case on intake, 2 on the rad on exhaust, 1 on the rear of the case on exhaust and I took my top panal off and im looking at 59-61  just standing around in GTA5 vs 72/3 with the top panal on I might remove the foam on the top panel.

and I was lokoing at aida64 for speeds

I also seen the dust filter was caked with dust too cleaned that out...temps have yet to increase...maybe by 1 degree with the top panal back on.

edit temps steadily going bacj up just seen 65 with top panal on and no dust filter..gonna play a bit and see if they go nuts again. @ 4.2ghz

ya back to 71-3 which was about what I was at @4.2 with the dusty filter and top panel on before.

System Specs

@Nexxus

corsair-h100i-install-2.jpg

you see the ports on the top of this? the ones facing..... <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< that way in the picture?

that is what your radiator fans should be plugged into. the h100i comes with a connector for it.

the only thing pluggedf in is into the silver port.

System Specs

and that is your problem.

Your radiator coolant is getting hot, but your fans are not ramping up to cool it down as it gets hotter.

when your fans are plugged into the H100i, the fans know to spin faster, making the coolant get cooler.

imagine hooking up your radiator fans in your car to just a power sorce, and they only spin at 1 speed (a low speed). your car starts to overheat, the fans dont change speed, cause they dont have the sensors to know to do it. ( i know cars have the sensors to see it, just kinda trying to relate to something you could understand.)

anyway, thats the reason your temps are bad.

Yea, plug the fans into the H100i and try to get it to work with Corsair Link, maybe download the newest version.

But also, removing the top panel your temps dropped by about 10C, and are much more normal, and what you should be expecting.  GTAV does hit the CPU pretty hard, so getting temps in the 60s is normal for that game.

I think it is a combination of your fans now spinning up fast enough(presumably), and most importantly, that top panel is choking your airflow.  It needs to be removed.  You could also try switching the fans from exhaust to intake.  By switching to intake, this will allow cool air from outside your chassis to flow into your radiator, rather than all of that hot air that is stuffed inside your case blowing through your radiator.

Also, you have SLI GPUs, even though they are blower design, that is still a lot of heat that builds up inside of your chassis.  Currently, as you have it, all of that hot air that has built up is being pushed through your radiator.  By switching to intake and sucking in cool air, you should see another few C drop off.  As long as you remove the top panel.

I had a similar issue with my GPU + CPU AIO.  I have an EVGA GTX 780 SC, which uses a non-reference fan design.  It blows air out and around the sides, so it goes into my chassis, rather than out the back like a blower style.  Because of this hot air stagnating inside my case from my GPU, I had my CPU's radiator set to exhaust.  It was sucking up all that hot GPU air into the radiator.  I later did the G10 mod to my GPU, which then pushed that air outside the case instead of inside of it, and temps dropped by 10C.  Not exactly the same scenario as you have, but similar.  SLI GPUs is going to create some heat, regardless of their fan design.  Pair that with the notoriously poor airflow of the H440, and its no wonder your temps are higher than expected.

Yea, plug the fans into the H100i and try to get it to work with Corsair Link, maybe download the newest version.

But also, removing the top panel your temps dropped by about 10C, and are much more normal, and what you should be expecting.  GTAV does hit the CPU pretty hard, so getting temps in the 60s is normal for that game.

I think it is a combination of your fans now spinning up fast enough(presumably), and most importantly, that top panel is choking your airflow.  It needs to be removed.  You could also try switching the fans from exhaust to intake.  By switching to intake, this will allow cool air from outside your chassis to flow into your radiator, rather than all of that hot air that is stuffed inside your case blowing through your radiator.

Also, you have SLI GPUs, even though they are blower design, that is still a lot of heat that builds up inside of your chassis.  Currently, as you have it, all of that hot air that has built up is being pushed through your radiator.  By switching to intake and sucking in cool air, you should see another few C drop off.  As long as you remove the top panel.

I had a similar issue with my GPU + CPU AIO.  I have an EVGA GTX 780 SC, which uses a non-reference fan design.  It blows air out and around the sides, so it goes into my chassis, rather than out the back like a blower style.  Because of this hot air stagnating inside my case from my GPU, I had my CPU's radiator set to exhaust.  It was sucking up all that hot GPU air into the radiator.  I later did the G10 mod to my GPU, which then pushed that air outside the case instead of inside of it, and temps dropped by 10C.  Not exactly the same scenario as you have, but similar.  SLI GPUs is going to create some heat, regardless of their fan design.  Pair that with the notoriously poor airflow of the H440, and its no wonder your temps are higher than expected.

It was on intake before the dusk build up was mental so unless I can dust filter the intake vents im not doing that im also not willing to remove the top panal. I will try the foam but ya the panal has to stay, unfortunately link still isnt showing up the fans clicking "fan and pump info" just tells me the 1st gpu fan speed for some reason.

shame id like to get it to a usable 4.4 cause it seems like I lucked out on the chip...

System Specs

It was on intake before the dusk build up was mental so unless I can dust filter the intake vents im not doing that im also not willing to remove the top panal. I will try the foam but ya the panal has to stay, unforitnately link still isnt showing up the fans clicking "fan and pump info" just tells me the 1st gpu fan speed for some reason.

Ok, removing the foam is a good start, should still be a big reduction in temps.

Hmmm... I dunno what to say about Corsair link other than it is a known mess.  Maybe try and plug the fans into a motherboard fan header, go into your BIOS and set them to a reasonably high speed, like 1200rpm constant.

Ok, removing the foam is a good start, should still be a big reduction in temps.

Hmmm... I dunno what to say about Corsair link other than it is a known mess.  Maybe try and plug the fans into a motherboard fan header, go into your BIOS and set them to a reasonably high speed, like 1200rpm constant.

ya im just trying to find a place to put the foam . dont want it to be an useable mess if it has to go back on.

System Specs

ITs unfortunately becoming very clear this foam was not ment to be removed...

System Specs

ITs unfortunately becoming very clear this foam was not ment to be removed...

Then you are going to have to learn to live with those high temps.

Lol point of no return as far as im concerned... 

ahMUcRy.jpg

System Specs

you think mounting a set of AF corsair fans on the opposite side of the rad will help out? or just make more noise?

Also foam removal made 0 difference.

System Specs

you think mounting a set of AF corsair fans on the opposite side of the rad will help out? or just make more noise?

Also foam removal made 0 difference.

How did foam removal make zero difference?  I thought you said in an earlier post that it reduced temps by 10C?

Yea, push/pull could help, but clearly having that top on is choking your radiator.  You aren't the only person this has happened to with the H440 causing high temps.  I think @Razzaa had the same issue.

How did foam removal make zero difference?  I thought you said in an earlier post that it reduced temps by 10C?

Yea, push/pull could help, but clearly having that top on is choking your radiator.  You aren't the only person this has happened to with the H440 causing high temps.  I think @Razzaa had the same issue.

the top panel removal helped the foam did not.

System Specs

the top panel removal helped the foam did not.

Hmm...  Idk what to say.  You can probably glue the foam back on if you want, but its that top panel that is restricting your airflow.  You could also try flipping from exhaust to intake, I know you said you didn't want to do that, but we're running out of options.

Hmm...  Idk what to say.  You can probably glue the foam back on if you want, but its that top panel that is restricting your airflow.  You could also try flipping from exhaust to intake, I know you said you didn't want to do that, but we're running out of options.

ya im trying to make link detect the stupid cooler right now...

unfortinately everything im seeing seems like its a nightmare to get working.

System Specs

Got it sorted ya...nothing really changed even on performance mode..oh well I guess

System Specs

Got it sorted ya...nothing really changed even on performance mode..oh well I guess

Its the top panel choking your airflow.