Help for laptop keyboard mod

GooGuy

Hi there, 

So a couple of years ago I bough an Alienware M14xR2 (I know it was a dumb idea but I was young and had no logic) and after a 2 years it just went all meh. Anyway I bough a new laptop and will build my own custom desktop soon but I really like the keyboard on the alienware and I want to somehow separate it and use it on the new PC build I'm going to build. I need help, I know how to take it out but I'm having trouble finding any info on how to attach the keyboard to a usb and use it as a normal usb keyboard. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

-Thanks GooGuy  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  :ph34r:  B)

How to take out the Alienware keyboard 

Good luck.
All keyboards are different so their connections and controllers will all be different. To make this work you wouldn't be able to find any generic controller, you would have to make a custom controller for the keyboard, and that would be difficult.
Your best bet is to find a similar keyboard, sorry.

Also, just wondering why you want to keep it? Are you attached to it from using it for too long? Keyboards on laptops are so cramped and a full sized keyboard is so much more comfortable to type on.

Thanks for the reply, 

Well I'm not really attached to it, just seemed like a fun idea plus I would save money. Also I kinda want to buy a mechanical keyboard but I have a somewhat tight budget so it seemed like a good idea. 

Thanks for the reply, 

Well I'm not really attached to it, just seemed like a fun idea plus I would save money. Also I kinda want to buy a mechanical keyboard but I have a somewhat tight budget so it seemed like a good idea. 

I would keep the laptop and sell onto some console peasant or some thing.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

Thanks for the reply, 

If you want help with a new keyboard, feel free to PM me.

If you want to do a DIY project like this, I'll get @TheProfosist and @Charger in here. Both have done custom keyboard-ing.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Not goona happen unless you figure out the traces because the controller for a laptop's keyboard is on the motherboard.