Need some help on a new PC

Hey, I got a spec sheet lined up, but I still thought it might be helpful to get another set of eyes to look over it.

I live in Korea, so you guys might be a bit unfamiliar with the case I chose.

I'll post a few links after the list.
Here's what I got:

CPU:         Intel Core i5-4690 4th generation Haswell refresh

I'm probably not going to do any crazy overclocking with this rig so I went with the non-K version of the CPU.

Mobo:       ASRock Z97 Extreme4

I selected this motherboard because I might be doing some SLI upgrades later on and this board was one of the cheaper ones that could do that.

RAM:        2 x G.SKILL DDR3 8G PC3-12800 CL9 RIPJAWS XM

The 16 GB of RAM might seem like overkill, but I'll probably be doing a lot of multitasking and some of the programs I need to use are memory hogs.

Graphics:  GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce GTX960 SOC D5 4GB G1

I wanted a relatively beefy card for gaming, but also for some of the intensive CUDA programming I will be doing.

Also, I kind of want to try playing games on a resolution higher than FHD, possibly 4K after a possible SLI configuration down the line. 

SSD:        Transcend SSD340 (128GB, TS128GSSD340)

Dat speed...

HDD:        WD 1TB Caviar Blue WD10EZEX (SATA3/7200/64M)

ODD:        Samsung Super-WriteMaster SH-224DB

Case:        BRAVOTEC Stealth EX Black

I wanted a big case to fit the giant GPU and to fit a possible liquid cooling unit

Power:      XFX TS 650W BRONZE

My biggest fear about this rig is if I do decide to get another gtx960 to SLI, I'm wondering if the GPUs would be too close to each other and overheat each other.

I have heard a few cases from friends where the GPU is too close to the sound card and ending up frying the GPU.

So if the GPUs might be too close, I want a place to put a liquid cooling unit in my case, preferably on the front panel, not the top.

Any suggestions regarding this or any other criticisms?

This is my first DIY PC and I'd love to hear your input, thanks!

PS Sorry for the long post

links to case (they are in Korean, but you can get a feel for it):

http://www.raresystem.co.kr/shop/product_detail.html?pd_no=57622

http://bravotec.co.kr/product/stealth-ex-black/

1. Budget & Location
I live in Korea and the setup I got up there is right around my $1000 budget.
2. Aim
I'll mostly be using this for various image processing/3D rendering applications and codes related to those tasks that I would write myself.

As for gaming, I like to play them, but I don't get a lot of time to.

When I do, I usually play games like Assassin's Creed, Batman, and a few other AAA games with some indie games for some good measure.

Other than that, just watching movies and such.
3. Monitors
I have an LG 29UM65 UWHD 21:9 2560:1080 that I will be using with my rig with possibly another one down the road.

4. Peripherals
I'm all set.
5. Why are you upgrading?

I've been using laptops for my entire life, and my last one died.

I'm tired of replacing an entire motherboard and paying 700+ dollars for that.

Also, my work is starting to require higher specs on the GPU side for all the image processing and such.

Looks like a great setup, you shouldn't need to worry about SLI, the 960 doesn't output too much heat. 10/10 would spend 원 again

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Holy shit that was fast! haha Thanks!

CPU: If you are getting a Z97 board, you may want a "k" series processor, that is unlocked to allow for overclocking otherwise:

MoBo: If you do not plan on overclocking, and dont want a K cpu, get an H97 motherboard, as it will be cheaper and you can use money on:

GPU: I personally would reccomend upgrading to a 970 if the cost works for you. 2x 960 will probably still struggle a bit at 4K. 

Edit: It WILL Struggle at 4k. 

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/asus_geforce_gtx_960_strix_2_way_sli_review,16.html

2x GPU next to eachother is fine, as long as you have proper case airflow. 

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

Thanks, that was just what I was looking for!

I was kind of hoping for a GTX 970 haha

Any H97 boards you can recommend?

Graphics:  GIGABYTE nVidia GeForce GTX960 SOC D5 4GB G1

I wanted a relatively beefy card for gaming, but also for some of the intensive CUDA programming I will be doing.

Also, I kind of want to try playing games on a resolution higher than FHD, possibly 4K after a possible SLI configuration down the line. 

Case:        BRAVOTEC Stealth EX Black

I wanted a big case to fit the giant GPU and to fit a possible liquid cooling unit

My biggest fear about this rig is if I do decide to get another gtx960 to SLI, I'm wondering if the GPUs would be too close to each other and overheat each other.

I have heard a few cases from friends where the GPU is too close to the sound card and ending up frying the GPU.

So if the GPUs might be too close, I want a place to put a liquid cooling unit in my case, preferably on the front panel, not the top.

Any suggestions regarding this or any other criticisms?

This is my first DIY PC and I'd love to hear your input, thanks!

PS Sorry for the long post

links to case (they are in Korean, but you can get a feel for it):

http://www.raresystem.co.kr/shop/product_detail.html?pd_no=57622

http://bravotec.co.kr/product/stealth-ex-black/

Don't worry too much about a case being able to hold a GPU, just look at the specs and it'll tell you the GPU lengths it'll accommodate. There is really no need at all to go over the gpu length to get more space at all. For my first build, i went ahead and got a massive case as i thought I'd need it for my GPU..... ended up really regretting having such a huge case... Just warning you! :unsure:  Airflow is something case-wise to maybe worry about more than space, esp with a possible sli deal.

Also, definitely try for the 970 if you can, better than 2 960s. It'll last longer, you'll have better upgrade options, and the 4GB on the 960 isn't incredibly useful. 960 just isn't powerful enough for it to be awesome. (unless for Skyrim+lots of texture mods?)

I don't do signatures.

Thank you all for the comments! I think I might actually just change my 960 to a 970 and not change anything else haha