Acer v5-573g "gaming issues" / perf. boost?

Nord

Hello & thanks  to anybody who does, or at least tryes, to help :D

I've got myself an acer v5-573g with windows 8.1 -  8GB ram - GTX 850m - I7-4510u and an 8GB SSD/1TB HDD Hybrid Drive  - also yes, I know deskop is better, I also have one but I cant just carry a desktop PC around in my backpack.. so laptop here we go.

Anyways I'm having an issue with the performance while gaming, the laptop can run bf3 @ultra(at least in singleplayer) @1366x768 which is the highest res I can go w/o an external screen. Obivously bf3 has quite big FPS jumps sometimes but it keeps it in the "playable" 45ish FPS ratio.

However league of legends sometimes laggs or better said  stutters in "bigger" teamfights, and no its not the internet - issue is  on 2 different lines, one 50mbit the other 150mbit, 2 different providers and the ping on both is never above 25ms.

I've checked with Afterburner if the GPU is doing full-power and it does.

I've checked if the CPU is using turbo and it does, 2.8 - 3GHZ. 

All temps are ok, GPU barly even reaches 71°

I did run benchmarks & stresstests, nothing failed.

There are also other games which seem to perform rather poorely, for example wasteland2 or Payday2 which in particulare does not even care if I play on low @800x600 or on maxed settings... same FPS same GPU usage on either settings. And yes, I'm aware that I have to make sure that some games are using the nvidia and not the onboard GPU ;)

Since I havent used an laptop for gaming in over 11 years now, I'm quite outdated in how they are performing on "modern" games these days compared to glorious, steady 60FPS, desktop PC's.

Like are those issues normal on laptops? Or is there some stuff you have to disable or enable in BIOS or inside the OS (apart of the obvious which you would do on desktop PC's too?)

I know this topic is quite of an longshot but I'm grateful for any tips and will also gladly provide any additional infos anybody may needs.

ps. I'm not entirely sure if this is the right section.. but to me it seemed the most fitting.. since on an laptop there isnt much you can do outside of the OS anyway)

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

Amdahls law > multicore CPU.

Sometimes a really slow hard drive can do this, but I doubt this is the problem.

Current Desktop Build | 2200G | RX 580 4GB | 8GB RAM | CTRL | Logitech G Pro Wireless

Laptop | 2018 MBA 256/16GB | MX Master 

Looks like performance is being crippled.

Things that you should try:

-do a CLEAN driver re-install

-try to avoid Geforce experience and configure the game manually

-see if there is some sort of AA enabled by driver config.

Sometimes a really slow hard drive can do this, but I doubt this is the problem.

Well since I do defrag on a regular basis and even though laptop HDD's arent the fastest, it is reasonably fast with somewhat of 65ish mb/s speed when copy/pasting a 1GB file (which I just did to see the speed :D)

Looks like performance is being crippled.

Things that you should try:

-do a CLEAN driver re-install

-try to avoid Geforce experience and configure the game manually

-see if there is some sort of AA enabled by driver config.

What exactly would be a clean driver re-install in this case? I know you can tell nvidia updates to install fresh but speaking of CPU update etc.. ?

Geforce experience is never running & no AA enabled in geforce control panel.

@Nord or quote me if you want me to reply back. I don't necessarily check back or subscribe to every topic.

What exactly would be a clean driver re-install in this case? I know you can tell nvidia updates to install fresh but speaking of CPU update etc.. ?

There are no CPU drivers; I meant the video ones.

A clean install refers to a driver install that you do after being completely sure that you deleted all of the driver previously. Nvidia has a little function for this, but you can also uninstall it from both the devices, or the programs menu. Then proceed to install the driver; try skipping the GeForce experience part of the install (use custom/advance install), so we can be sure it's not getting in the way.

There are no CPU drivers; I meant the video ones.

A clean install refers to a driver install that you do after being completely sure that you deleted all of the driver previously. Nvidia has a little function for this, but you can also uninstall it from both the devices, or the programs menu. Then proceed to install the driver; try skipping the GeForce experience part of the install (use custom/advance install), so we can be sure it's not getting in the way.

I'm pretty sure there are CPU drivers :P 

Well, I do that almost every time I "have" to update the nvidia driver... so pretty sure thats not the cause. Though gonna see what it changes if I just get rid off nvidia experiance.