Would it be possible to change web result provider on Windows 8/10?

CommandMan7

I was thinking, and would it be possible to use a custom DNS address that is the same as a normal one except it makes windows 8/10 OS searches redirect to google, AKA it interprets bing.com as google.com? It would require a lot of testing, a custom webpage reformatter to change google results into looking like bing, and a lot of knowledge, but at the end of the day, wouldn't it be possible? Let me know what you think below.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

Or just return results of bing.com's IP with google.com's IP. Not much testing involve, it'd just involve rewriting the URL query.

Or a simpler way is pointing bing.com to google.com in your hosts file.

Reformatting the page is easy; just breaks if they change things on the page.

mallware do this stuff often, so ... it's not exactly what you described, but it's kinda sound like what you want.

basically all this resolving can be done by modifying hosts file

C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

couldn't you just change it in the registry

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

couldn't you just change it in the registry

probably, but it doesn't just display the webpage, it takes the text and pictures and makes it all nice and stuff,  so i'm guessing it wouldn't output the correct stuff. 

Or just return results of bing.com's IP with google.com's IP. Not much testing involve, it'd just involve rewriting the URL query.

Or a simpler way is pointing bing.com to google.com in your hosts file.

Reformatting the page is easy; just breaks if they change things on the page.

Ok, I will look into this. I hope it's as easy as you say. It's not changing bing's IP to google that's the hard part, it's the way that windows takes the results and displays them. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet considering windows 8 has been out for a while.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

probably, but it doesn't just display the webpage, it takes the text and pictures and makes it all nice and stuff,  so i'm guessing it wouldn't output the correct stuff. 

Ok, I will look into this. I hope it's as easy as you say. It's not changing bing's IP to google that's the hard part, it's the way that windows takes the results and displays them. I'm surprised this hasn't been done yet considering windows 8 has been out for a while.

Lemme rephrase, then; It's easy if you know what you're doing. Knowing Microsoft, it's probably some form of api key verification. I don't use the search with Bing though, so no idea.